Chapter 37
355 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The four heavenly demons, they were the strongest demons under the demon lord.

The Dark Knight, Agarest Demirel. The Succubus Queen, Anastasia Elysian. The Necromancer, Frigg Rhytheuss. And lastly, The Puppeteer, Gran de Kaizer.

Agarest was the most powerful. Anastasia was the hardest one to catch. Frigg was the most troublesome opponent. And lastly, Gran was the most terrifying.

《Memoir》.

That was the sole reason why he was the most terrifying. It was a skill that could alter memories forcibly.

Those who were put under this skill wouldn't even realized their memories were being altered.

Moreover, it couldn't be dispelled with simple magic.《Dispel》or《Purify》 won't work. Only《Purification》could dispel it's effect.

《Dispel》was used to remove a normal debuff like stun, paralyzed, frozen and burn status. 《Purify》was used to remove posion, sleep, bleed, silent and curse status.
《Purification》was a skill that could be learned at level 85. It could be learned by magician who has light element affinity. It's effect was to remove all abnormal status condition and heal at the same time.

The terrifying thing about《Memoir》is when enough time passed, the altered memories would become the truth. Even《Purification》wouldn't work if that happened. Killing Gran also wouldn't restore the altered memories to normal.

True to his title as the「Puppeteer」. If he wants, he could alter the entire kingdom to be his puppets who worshipped him as their god. It was a good thing he wasn't interested with power nor status.

If people like Agarest or Frigg were the one who have《Memoir》, I'm sure the world would be ruined in less than a month. Of course,《Memoir》won't affect people stronger than him.

Fortunately, I got the <Magic Scroll : Purification> from the tower. I never thought the scroll was going to be used to resist《Memoir》. I was planning to use it for the 50th floor, but I guess I have to find other items as a replacement.

Anyway, I never expected to meet Gran so early. Fortunately, Gran was the one being summoned. If it was Agarest or Frigg, I would be dead for sure and Wisteria would be gone from the map.

Even though Gran was the younger brother of the demon lord, he never really care about his revival. The only reason he joined the war was because he find it interesting.

He was a demon who only care about his own satisfaction. He even instigated Claudia and help her killed Anastasia back in the game.

As one of the late game boss, the fight with him was the most hateful one. I still remembered how I failed over and over again.

Every turn, he would took control 2 of my party members randomly and have them attack the other 6. The battle was limiting the number items used to 10, so having a support that could remove his control debuff was a must.

The number of magicians in the party was limited to 2, so I bring 2 magicians that could use purification for safety. The reason why I hate this fight was because he always took control of my magicians.

My luck with rng was truly bad back then. I tried all kind of strategy and even followed the guides but still failed to beat him. He would always took control of my magicians.

Out of frustration I bought a dlc pack with a robe that gave 100% debuff resistances. With that item, my magician finally safe from being controlled. It still took me a few times before I defeated him due to rng being suck.

At any rate, it had been 3 days since the incident in east district happened. Currently, only Irina, Claudia, Rosetta and I knew the truth. They were within the scroll's effect range so they were safe. The incident was reported as a feud between Silver Wolf and the other forces.

I asked the three of them to keep quite because it might be dangerous if such news were reported. Luckily, Claudia agreed with my suggestion. I also asked them to make preparations silently in case such a thing occured again.

Right now, I'm currently sitting inside my room writing important notes about this world. I recorded everything that didn't exist or happened in the game so I could filled some informations gaps. I also wrote my conjecture regarding some things that might happen outside my expectation.

A note containing this world informations from the game aspect and a note containing my conjecture about future events based on my knowledge. The two notes were definitely the most important treasure in the world.

I wonder, If I offered this to Gran, will he join my side?

He even spared Leonhardt and his party when they were weak because he found them interesting. So, he let Leonhardt and his party ran away because Leonhardt could make a god descend into his body with the holy sword as the medium. He even secretly helped them gets stronger just so he could fight against a god as soon as possible.

Although Leonhardt and his party managed to defeat him, he wasn't killed in the end. He was never defeated throughout his life. He found  the taste of defeat was interesting. In the end, he became curious about death and killed himself.

He was a guy who would kill himself because he was interested with death. I'm 90% sure if I gave this notes to him, Gran would be interested with me.

If not because I'm afraid he would lose interest and killed me as soon as he gets the notes, I really wanted to bring him to my side. I don't mind joining hand with the demon because I knew humanity was not that good either.

I'm sure I could easily change my family and Claudia's fate by relying on《Memoir》.

I let out a sigh and hid the notes inside the treasure chest made of titanium ore along with the <Sealed Black Key> and put it inside my magic bag.

I'm always carrying the magic bag with me all the time with caution and even asked Mayleen to put a special seal on it. Because of the seal, I'm the only one who can access the magic bag.

The seal could only be lifted with my death. These treasures were only valuable when I'm alive. Dead people don't have any worries after all.

After tidying everything, I threw myself into the bed and fell asleep.

∆ ∆ ∆

The next day, I skipped class and went to the east district. I didn't have time to check things out in the past few days because I was busy gathering and sorting informations around the Academy.

One thing I'm sure is, the previous event doesn't have any effect on the academy. Rather, it fits with the main story. The only different was Irina, Claudia and Rosetta went to visit the library frequently these days. It seemed like they were looking for informations about the demons.

Leonhardt, Grid and Lily were still the same. They were busy exploring dungeon like always. It was relieving since that means I don't have to worry about their strength. I still need them to deal with the monster invasion 26 days from now after all.

The last incident was enough to make me sick about getting caught up in troublesome thing.

The atmosphere in the east district was gloomy. It was different from the first time I came here. Both mercenaries and the adventurers have grim look in their face. It was as if they would start killing each other with a single push.

I'm not blaming them though. It was normal considering hundreds of people were dead a few days ago. Not to mentions, the cause was because of feuds. I have no idea what kind of memories they have, but I knew they being wary and distrust each other.

I went to visit May's general store directly.

"Welcome"

Mayleen greeted me as soon as I opened the door.
Seems like she was fine.

"You're alone today, boy?"
"Yeah"
"How unexpected"

Mayleen said with a surprised look.

"I was alone the first time I came here, you know?"
"That's true. But you were always accompanied by girls after that. Did you get dumped? Want big sister to comfort you?"

She said in teasing tone.

This damn granny....
Well, to be fair she had a beautiful look with nice figure. Of course, if she was truly on her 20s I don't mind getting comforted by her. Especially by her big and soft cushions.

Cough.

It's my lose if I got provoked, so let's ignore her.

"I came to sell potions"

I took out some high-healing potions from my bag.
Mayleen took one and began to inspect it. She took a drop into her palm and licked it.

"Did you make these?"

Mayleen said with curious look.

"If I could make these potions, would I still come to you? It's much better for me to find my own customers"
I shrugged my shoulders.
"Hmm, you're right. If a young man like could make these potions, I would gladly kidnap you and locked you in my basement"
"So, how much?"
"Let's see. It's definitely a high-healing potion, but it's more pure than the normal one. How much do you have?"
"30"
"Is that all?"
"I still have some for my use. I'm not an idiot who would sold everything just for money"
"Fine. I'll buy it for 30 gold each. If you're willing to sell everything, I would buy it at 40 gold each"

30 gold was not a bad price. Normally, a high-potion would cost around 25 gold each. Not to mention, selling it to a store usually would be much cheaper because they need to resell it to make profits.

"Deal"

I gave her 30 potions.

"I'll go inside and buy some things. Just deduced it later"
"Alright"

I activated the ring and teleported into the other store.

I went straight into the 3rd floor. The main reason I came here was to restock magic scrolls. I only have wind affinity so I have to rely on magic scrolls to be versatile.

"Hmm, let's see. Earthquake, Blink, Aftershock, Light Burst, Veil...."

I looked through every single scrolls on the shelves. It took around 30 minutes for me to finished checking it. After that, I spent another 30 minutes to think the one that I might need.

In the end, I chose <Smoke Bomb><Flash><Veil> and <Cure>.

After getting the scrolls, I went to get some potions.
I used the ring and teleport back to the outside.

"You're done already?"
"Yeah"

I took out all the things I bought on the counter.

"Let's see. The price of these magic scrolls are....  Smoke Bomb 100 gold, Flash 50 gold, Veil 400 gold, Cure 200 Gold. As for the potions. Strength-potion, speed-potion and stamina-potion, 50 gold each. The total is 900. Deducting from your potions price, your change is 0"
"Here"

I took out the silver card she gave me a few days ago.

"Tsk! I hate it when people buy with discount"

Mayleen grumbled.

"If you hate it then why did you make this card?"
"So people would buy more things of course"

What a greedy granny.

"Then stop complaining and give me my changes"
"Here. Come again soon"

I put my purchased goods into my bag and took my changes. I hurriedly went to the door because I don't want to be nagged by her.

However, just when I was about to leave, I turned around to face her and inquired something.

"Lady May, do you know why the fight happened a few days ago?"
"It's because of a feud. To be exact, they were fighting over an item on the auction. However, the item was lost amidst the fight"
"What kind of item?"
"I don't know. Thanks to that I worked my ass to cleaned up the mess"

Mayleen said with a tired voice.

"Come to think of it, you went to the auction didn't you? Shouldn't you know it better than me?"

She asked.

"I did went to the auction. But since I don't have money I just came to watch the fun. However, there weren't anything special since they only auctioned magic weapons and jewelries. I doubt it's valuable enough for them to start fighting"

I shook my head.

"I see. What a pity. It could have been a precious item"
She said regretfully.
"Say, do you think a demon came and stole it?"

I asked curiously.

"Why would a demon do such a thing sneakily? If a demon came I would notice their unpleasant smell right away"

Mayleen answered.

"I see. Sorry to bother you with such boring questions"
"It's fine. You're my precious customer after all. Feel free to ask me if you have some doubts"
"Thank you"

I opened the door and left.

Mayleen's eyes were clear so she doesn't seems to be lying.

No matter how strong she is, there is no way she could stay calm after meeting a demon like Gran. The suffocating and terrifying aura of a high-level demon wasn't something that could be easily ignored or forgotten.

With this, I have confirmed that only Irina, Claudia, Rosetta and me knew the truth. This means I have to plan more carefully in the future.

13