Apocalypsis : Initium
84 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mattias Larsen, 21 years old. He is your usual university student in foreign studies. His family is a foreigner couple of managers sent to Japan for opening a new market for their business. Thus Mattias was born in Japan and because of his parents' business; he started growing up with a baby sitter as his family was almost always working. They didn't even attend to opening ceremony of his elementary school.

That's why he grew up to not care much about humans. He grew up to be a lonely boy. Also, his family was from Norway so his appearance was also affected by this he was absolutely different from his peers in Japan. His ginger hair and sharp facial features affected his relationship with others. But he still loved his parents nonetheless. Regardless of their absence in his life and their genes. That's why he was devastated when he heard they passed away while going to another business trip.

A plane crash took them away when he was 9. He was left all alone in this world. His father was on bad terms with his family and his mother's family was on another country so his caretaker took him under her wings.

After this incident, Mattias became more and more isolated from society, fearing they would leave him some way or another. He became fearful of losing, so he denied everyone. And he grew up to realize that it was a wise choice as he interacted more with people and as he saw people interact more with each other, he saw through their fake smiles, laughs and tears.

"People are just a bunch of attention seekers."

That became his thought process. But this became a good hobby to pass his time. He started watching people suffer, have fun, cry and laugh. He read their expressions and carved them to his brain.

This was what he was doing right now as well. He was walking towards his university campus for his afternoon classes. It was a nice and warm Wednesday and he was relaxed. He was going at the same pace of a young couple that studied at the same university with him.

He could take the metro to go to school but this was a rare opportunity for him. He was in a good mood and the weather was nice as well so he decided to leave early and enjoy this occasion.

Mattias was living alone currently in his parents' old house, about an hour and half walk away from his university. If he took the metro he could reach within 15 minutes. He was legally transferred the rights for this house when he became 18 years old and decided to move here, leaving the side of his old babysitter. He was thankful for her decision to take him under her wings as his father's relatives were total assholes.

 He decided walk and he was awarded for his decision. The young couple going at pace with him was having a little argument currently and he was secretly listening on them.

"Honey I told you, it is not what you think!"

"Then what am I supposed to think?!"

"It was one the pranks my best friend in high school pulled on me. Why would I have a body pillow otherwise?! Do you think I'm one of those pathetic people?! You know how Handa is."

"I guess you're right. I wouldn't know what to do if you really had bought a body pillow."

"Right?"

With a snort Mattias walked passed them. He fixed his glasses on his nose. His glasses were red as well, to match his shoulder length hair. He had his hair unbound to enjoy the sensation of their dancing with the wind. Because of his looks he would gather attention where ever he would go, and this was as such right now as well. The girl looked at him, specially his orange hair admiringly. Her boyfriend saw this but he couldn't say anything as he was the same as well.

He arrived to the campus after walking for an hour. He was a foreign studies student in his 3rd year this semester. They just got out of summer break so it was still relatively hot throughout the day. There were sweat beads forming on his forehead and by the time he would reach his faculty he would be like a wet sponge.

His university had a big campus with two huge parks next to it. It was like a paradise for most students with a lot of chances for ditching class. There were a lot of them around as well, around the cafeteria, the big area in the middle of the campus and near the dorms. The cafes inside the campus were packed as well.

He slowly walked towards his faculty while avoiding people. His hears of isolating himself was showing its fruits around now. He wasn't close with anybody and didn't speak to anybody and everybody would treat him like a ghost; existing when they needed him for something. Not like forcing him to do their homework or anything, just to ask if he wished to join a club or wanted to attend a social gathering, which he always promptly refused.

He entered his classroom which already contained some people within. He entered and without batting an eye to any of them sat on his usual seat at the back and next to the right wall. He put on his headphones and started listening to music as he waited for class to start. He didn't need to listen and observe any of the people here as he saw them every day and his classmates were long used to his behavior.

He had classes until it was 5 pm. After his classes ended he packed up and walked outside. The sun was approaching the western horizon slowly and the air was becoming a little bit chillier as the clock approached the nighttime. A lot of students whose classes ended just like Mattias started making plans to hang out with their friends somewhere.

Mattias just avoided them and made his way towards the main entrance of the campus. At that point of time, he felt a strange sensation and could not move his body. It was as if time itself stopped. He looked around and everybody was the same; locked in their last position. Kissing couples were locked kissing each other and jumping people got locked in the air a few feet above the ground.

And then, all people across Earth heard a voice:

"Awaken! Awaken! The change is imminent!
The truth will be revealed and the reality will be bent.
Power is a truth and a lie,
The unworthy shall not survive!

Seek! The Elysium awaits!
Care! The myriad manes!
Unravel! The never ending darkness!
Know! That power is also your weakness!
Reach! Find the place I rest!
And wish from me what your hearts behest!"

3