Apocalypsis : Evolutio
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sky was grey because of the clouds and the wind made trees dance. There was rain drizzling and there was the occasional crack of thunder in the sky. It was still early in the morning, about 9 am, but it looked like it was 6 pm.

Mattias was heading towards the store his neighbor managed. It was at a distance of 10 minutes if you casually walked. But because of current situation, Mattias decided it wouldn't hurt if he spent 20 minutes on the journey just to be extra careful of his surroundings.

After seeing rain he wore his hoodie and picked up two more knives just in case something happened to his spear tip. Rain was hitting his face and his glasses. The streets were clear in his neighborhood even though it was day.

'Perks of living in a calm place.' He thought as he turned the corner. He could see the entrance of the shop. The glass door was down and inside the shop seemed calm. As he decided to go, he heard screams. When he looked he saw a girl crawling away from a zombie.

"Tch." Thus Mattias decided to check the storage room door to enter. He made his way towards the back of the building and climbed the storage balcony. It was like this so that the trucks could deliver the goods easier. It was time efficient.

The shutters were closed and they were locked as well.

"Looks like yesterday wasn't delivery day." Said Mattias as he gripped his spear and jumped down from the balcony. He walked up front quietly and looked at the situation. The girl made her way towards the entrance but couldn't advance because of the glass spread across the floor. She didn't have shoes on and her socks were red already. She leaned at the wall and slid down while crying.

A zombie was slowly walking towards her but before it could attack a knife stuck out of its forehead. Mattias seized the opportunity and attacked the zombie from behind. After this strike he made it fall down with a sweep and continuously stabbed its head until it stopped moving.

Girl looked at him. Mattias didn't know if she actually cried or if it was the rain. Either way she wiped her face and bowed her head towards him.

"Th-thank you! Thank you so much! If it weren't for you-"

"Step aside."

"Huh?"

The glass were truly everywhere and there weren't a place to step safely except for where the girl was sitting. If he wanted to enter the store then the girl had to move first.

"I-I'm sorry?"

"I want to enter and you're blocking the only safe way. So, step aside."

"You won't- you won't help me?!"

"Why should I?"

"Because I'm a girl!"

"So?"

"You have to protect me!"

*ting ting*

Mattias dropped one of the knives he had with him in front of her and spoke with a cold voice.

"Protect yourself."

After that he pushed her aside with the butt of his spear and entered the store. Inside was a mess. Fallen shelves, scattered foodstuffs, broken refrigerator doors. Someone may have been here before him. He went deeper in. Some snacks were making crunching sounds under his feet. The store was a middle sized one, so there were plenty of supplies here as well as movement area. The cash point was near the wall on right and it was a distance away. He walked around for a while before stopping on his tracks.

Just around the corner, there were disgusting chewing sounds coming. He slowed his breathing and slowly took a step to look around the corner. What he saw thoroughly disgusted him. A monster was currently kneeling on the ground and chewing on the guts of the manager of the store. The manager was the person he was looking for but the monster was unexpected.

This monster was quite different from the zombies he saw until now. From what Mattias could see, its limbs were slim and it had a very skinny body. The claws were like knives and its body was more close to ash color than grey. There were little patches of fur and thick hair on his body like an animal.

It lifted its head for a second to better swallow its food and showed its face to Mattias. The place it should have eye sockets were smooth, as if it didn't have any eyes to begin with. It seemed like it relied on smell or noise to hunt.

Just as he decided to be extremely quiet and quickly finish his business, a hateful voice came over to his ears.

"Hey! I've decided to follow you so you should be honored to have a beauty such as myself at your side!"

*grunt*

The girl from before entered the store with a loud shout. The monster faced the girl with a strange voice and started to walk towards there with slow steps.

"Fuck. Hey you! If you value your life then run!"

"Haa? You didn't understand me did you? I said I'll go along with you!"

But Mattias didn't listen to her as he rushed out the broken doors. At that time the monster turned around the corner and the girl saw it.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

"Kraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-"

She screamed loud and the monster answered in kind. She started running behind Mattias. He saw this but couldn't care as he had to ditch the monster somehow. He turned away from his house and started running madly. He knew there was a riverbank that way so he could use it to his advantage.

"Heeeey! Waaaaaaait!"

The girl then started yelling at him, this ultimately would attract more zombies and would tell the monster behind them her position. She was not a runner as her feet were red because of her blood and her boobs were bouncing around, disrupting her balance.

"Fuck, c'mon."

He could see the riverbank in the distance so picked up speed and jumped down without hesitation. The girl saw this and stopped for a moment.

"Kraaaaaa."

But once she heard the monster, she jumped down as well. Mattias was already in the water and made his way towards the other side. The girl followed him and entered the cold water. The monster jumped down not long after but stopped before the water.

'Looks like it worked.'

The sound of water hitting rocks really confused it as it looked around and smelled. The water also erased their smell so they had nothing to worry about currently. They safely made their way to the other side. At that time several zombies made their way down and walked towards the river with grunting sounds. The monster reacted to this and madly attacked the nearby zombies.

"Phew."

Mattias wiped the sweat from his forehead and climbed up to the road. He quietly crossed the bridge and quietly made his way towards the store. The girl was still shamelessly following him. There were still zombies on the streets attracted because of the previous case so they avoided them.

The store was clean now, save for the already turned store manager. It didn't have its lower body because it was eaten half way in his stomach so once Mattias entered the store it crawled towards him. He immediately killed it and searched his body for car keys, which he found quickly.

"This should do."

"Oh you have a car! Sweety why didn't you said anything earlier?"

"Shut up."

He quickly opened his duffel bag and started filling it with whatever canned food and water bottles he could find.

"So you're taking food for us. How cool of you!"

"Haah. Look, if you want to eat then find your own god damn food! I don't need a bitch to slow me down!"

"B-b-bitch?! Who are you calling a bitch?!"

"You."

Without saying anything else he filled his bag. When he got up he saw the girl also had some canned food in her arms. He scoffed and left the store. He took out the keys and walked towards a pickup truck. He unlocked the door and sat down. When he turned over to put his bag to the back seat, he saw the girl entering the car beside him. She closed the door and looked directly in Mattias' eyes and smiled. He just sighed and started the car and drove to his house.

He carried his bag inside, the girl entered quickly, fearing he would lock her out. After locking the door and pulling the sofa behind it, Mattias started picking up his supplies and carrying them to his room. After carrying the last party he turned around to look at the girl. She was looking at her with a slight blush on her cheeks. Because of the rain and the river her bra and boobs were visible under her white shirt. She was wearing the outfit of a nearby high school but looked way older than that.

Mattias just smirked ant the girl lowered her head. When she took a step towards the inside of the room he lifted his hand and stopped her.

"If you approach here, I'll kick your ass."

"Huh? Where will I sleep?! Don't you want to sleep with a beauty like me?!"

"I don't care where you sleep and your beauty doesn't amount to much in my eyes. So stay away or I'll have to use force to keep you away. I want you gone by tomorrow."

*Slam!*

"You! Bastard!"

Her screams and swears sounded out from over the door. But no matter how she slammed her fist on the door or yelled, Mattias didn't open it. He even locked it for good measure and put his chair under the handle. He then laid on his bed and put one of his earphones to listen to the radio.

"Silence."

There was still no one broadcasting. With a sigh, he pulled the earphone and started eating a can of beans. He then thought of something.

'What the hell was that thing?'

It was not a normal zombie and certainly was not from an animal. It had animal like fur patches on its body but it had a human like body. So it certainly turned from a human. But it had no eyes and couldn't see, hunting with sounds.

'Maybe echolocation?'

And the teeth! It was straight out of a horror movie. The skin color was paler, more ash like than light gray of normal zombies. Its veins were more visible as well.

'Maybe it is because of its slim body. That makes it faster than normal ones. Is it a new type?'

"What the hell is happening to the world?"

2