Chapter 18
157 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aoi walked down the stairs fully dressed to find Yanagi waiting for him in the living room with his parents. They noticed his arrival and Yanagi stood up to greet him.

"Are you ready?" Yanagi walked to him.

"Mn," Aoi turned to look at his parents. "Mom, Dad, have fun."

"You too, Sweetheart," his mother cheerily replied. "Be careful outside."

"Don't be careless," his father added.

Aoi and Yanagi obediently nodded and left the house.

To be honest, Aoi didn't know what Yanagi had planned for them for Christmas since he was dead set on keeping it a secret. He held Yanagi's hand and just let him lead the way.

He didn't know whether he would be more surprised if it was something romantic or something absurd. Like the cuff he got for the cultural festival.

Where did he even get that actually? He said that it was his housekeeper that got it for him, but where did his housekeeper get it from?

Speaking of which, Yanagi's family must be pretty rich to have a housekeeper. From how Yanagi mentioned him from time to time, it sounded like that housekeeper had been with his family since before he was born. He never really asked about it though since Yanagi didn't seem too keen on telling him about his family.

He had thought of coming to Yanagi's house once in a while to greet Yanagi's parents. But Yanagi never invited him which made him wonder whether Yanagi was trying to hide the fact that he was rich or something. It was also possible that he wanted to hide the fact that he was dating a guy from his parents.

"Aoi, we're here," Yanagi prompted.

Aoi came out of his thoughts and looked around to find they were in an empty park.

No, it wasn't really empty. There was a set of one table and two chairs in front of the park's fountain which was operating with colourful lights. There were Christmas decorations hanging from one lamp to another but the only light source was the colourful fountain and the night lamps around the table.

"This…" Aoi was stunned by the view.

"Do you like it?" Yanagi asked in anticipation.

"I do," Aoi nodded and chuckled. "I wouldn't if the lamps formed a heart shape though, so good job on deciding on a circle."

"I've also prepared some food. Let's go," Yanagi pulled Aoi to the table.

Aoi nodded and walked to the table with him, "How did you get the permit to do this?"

"I talked to the local police box and they introduced me to the person in charge," Yanagi leaned closer and lowered his voice mischievously. "I told them that you're terribly sick and it can be your last Christmas before your surgery."

Aoi laughed, "What kind of tragic drama is that?"

The two of them sat down at the table and it was then Aoi saw there were actually 2 baskets next to the table. Yanagi bent down and started taking out the food to the table.

"You know, if you go all out at the beginning like this, you'll run out of ideas for our future Christmas parties," Aoi helplessly said.

"I won't!" Yanagi promised. He held Aoi's hand on the table, "Because there are many things I want to do for you, Aoi."

Aoi's chest warmed from Yanagi's promise. He rested his face on his palm, hiding his smile behind his sleeves.

Yanagi prepared a lot of food for the night starting from appetizers to desserts. After finishing their main food, they cut the Christmas cake Yanagi brought with him as well.

"Did your housekeeper make all this?" Aoi asked. "The food didn't look store-bought."

"Mn…" Yanagi gloomed slightly, "I've been learning how to cook from him but I still can't make any decent results. I can't let you eat them yet."

Aoi laughed, "Maybe you don't have the aptitude for it. Should I try instead?"

"Eh? Will you!?" Yanagi looked up at Aoi with sparkling eyes.

He wanted to eat Aoi's homemade food!

But then he recalled something and immediately rejected the idea.

"No, Aoi. Cooking is dangerous," Yanagi hurriedly changed his words. "What if you accidentally cut yourself?"

Aoi was inwardly amused but he didn't push it, "Then...what about desserts? Making cakes or cookies is safer, right?"

"...What if you burn yourself?" Yanagi reluctantly said.

"If I do, I'll stop," Aoi patted Yanagi's hand. "I won't be careless."

"Okay," Yanagi finally agreed.

"Let's eat this cake then," Aoi picked up his fork.

When he put a bite in his mouth, he could immediately taste the sweet and sour taste of blueberry from the cream. It wasn't too sweet and the grapes embellishing made the cake easier to swallow.

"We couldn't find any grape flavouring for the cream, so we could only make do with blueberries," Yanagi explained. "My housekeeper said that mango-flavored cake wouldn't really go well with Christmas…"

"It's alright. I like blueberries as well," Aoi smiled. "Thank you, Yanagi."

Yanagi brightened and smiled as well.

"And please tell your housekeeper tomorrow that I said thank you as well," Aoi added.

"Tomorrow?" Yanagi blinked.

Why not later?

"Hm? You're not staying over tonight?" Aoi raised an eyebrow. "Do you have plans with your family tomorrow?"

Yanagi quickly shook his head, "No! No plans at all!"

The cake Yanagi's housekeeper made was small in size, enough for the two of them to finish.

Yanagi then grabbed the paper bag behind his chair. He stood up from his chair and handed it to Aoi.

"Merry Christmas, Aoi," Yanagi softly smiled.

Aoi also got up and took out a gift-wrapped box from his coat. He accepted Yanagi's gift and gave the one in his hand in return.

"Merry Christmas, Yanagi."

Yanagi didn't expect Aoi would prepare a gift for him as well. He never saw Aoi going to any gift shop before this.

Aoi guessed what was on Yanagi's mind and knocked Yanagi's head lightly with the gift, "Because you always follow me around every time I leave my house, I could only order this online. Surprised?"

"Mn," Yanagi nodded and accepted it. "Thank you, Aoi. I'm really happy."

"You haven't even seen what's inside yet. Don't take that back if you don't like it," Aoi huffed and started checking what his gift was.

Yanagi smiled and carefully unwrapped his gift as well.

How could he not like anything that Aoi gave him? Everything Aoi had ever given to him was still safe in his room.

Aoi finished unwrapping his gift first to find that there was more than one thing wrapped inside.

There were 2 sets of pyjamas, a pair of dark blue indoor slippers, and a fluffy grey towel. All of them had his name embroidered on them.

He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. This was the first time he received such useful things on Christmas. It made him wonder what Yanagi was thinking when he chose these.

Yanagi also finished unwrapping Aoi's gift. Inside the box was a black stone-bead bracelet. It had a small, circular golden charm with the character 'serenity' engraved on it.

"It's a good luck charm," Aoi explained. "I thought of giving you the normal one but it wasn't gift-worthy. I don't know if it really works but-"

Aoi's words were blocked by Yanagi's lips. He was hugged tight and Yanagi rubbed his head to the crook of his neck.

Because Yanagi was still working out routinely, his hugs were increasingly getting stronger and stronger. Aoi noted down in his mind to talk about this with Yanagi soon or else his bones would get crushed.

"How can you make me love you more than I already have, Aoi?" Yanagi said in a pitiful tone, almost like a whimper. "I feel like I'm about to die."

Aoi was stunned for a brief moment and laughed. He stroked Yanagi's hair, "Don't die. You'll get me sent to prison."

Yanagi wore the bracelet on his left hand without letting Aoi go. He stared at his wrist for a long while when he heard Aoi speak again.

"Truthfully, I just want to put something on you that can be seen by everyone," Aoi muttered. "In case you become more popular at school, you can use the bracelet to show that you're taken."

Yanagi's heart clenched so tightly that his chest hurt.

Aoi had always been cool but he was especially cute today! He didn't want to let him go at all tonight!

"And you?" Aoi patted Yanagi to loosen slightly and shifted to pick up the towel on the table. "What's with all this?"

Yanagi blushed a little and slowly said, "I bought a matching pair for us...mine is at home."

Aoi blinked and burst out in laughter, "Of course you did!"

Too cute!

Yanagi pouted, "Aoi is laughing at me."

"Because you're so cute," Aoi kissed Yanagi's cheek. "Thank you. I'll use them well."

Yanagi turned his face away and mumbled with his face red in shame, "I...um...Can you wear one of the pyjamas tonight? I already washed them…"

Aoi's lips curled in amusement and whispered teasingly, "Pervert."

Yanagi couldn't refute it.

8