Before Light – Remastered – episode 16
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f544542487a6e3573494d5f6c4e413d3d2d313331303333333235372e3137336561393834393031393736306331303239323630313831352e6a7067
(Author's note: This picture above is a royal four-armed android of Skyworld, that serves directly to the Skylord. Yeah, it appears everywhere in this arch of the story.Source:https://www.pixiv.net/artworks/104864481)

 

<ⅩⅥ>

……

………

  “ Lima, wanna hear a story?”

 

  “ No… thanks.”

 

  “ Why not? It’s interesting. You sure you don’t want to hear it?”

 

  “ Not right now…”

 

  “ Come on, it can cheer you up—”

 

  “ I don’t need cheering up, Yuri!”

 

  “ ………”

 

  “ ………I...I am sorry…I am just… not ready…”

 

  “ It’s alright, Lima. It’s alright…there, there…”

 

  “ ………”

 

  “ ………”

 

  “ …What is the story about, Yuri?”

  “ It’s about the Stars. About how the sky is dark, while the Stars are all shining. 

 

  It’s…a story that my Mother would tell me, whenever I am sad…”

  If only I have listened…

 

  If only I had known…that everything will never be the same…

 

  If only I have cherished every minute, every second with you—with everyone—

.

.

.

  Blood, bright, luminescent, yellowish, blood, spreading across the glass corridor floor, underneath Neliya’s body, where the searing hole of a photon bullet, ran through the middle of her arm.

 

  Panicked, shocked, mortified by what their eyes have seen yet their minds have yet to compute, the children stood, petrified on the spot.

  Lima, her blade holding hands clenching, drew the lightsaber out in bursting activation, turning to face the one culprit standing at the far end,

 

  gun raised towards her heart.

.

.

.

  

 

 I wouldn’t have needed these tears, to wash away my Regret—!

.

.

.

  “ NERUKOOOOOOO!!!!!” diving forth, saber affront, Lima held back no more, pushing all of herself towards the hooded girl who fired away as soon as Lima sprang forth.

  With two slices as fast as lightning, Lima sliced the photon bullets out of existence, gaining speed and ferocity the more she neared, raising her blade of light to finish the traitor with one fell strike—only to severe one large royal droid dashing out upon Neruko’s commanding device around her wrist. Through the chest, Lima slayed the droid at the critical moment, while Neruko backed a mile away in that split second, reloading her weapon to counter Lima’s wrathful stance.

 “ Don’t you dare…!” Without rest or time to recover, Lima rushed vehemently once more, this time, Neruko stayed her ground, raising her gun in hand, and blocked the coming slash at the last second. The two girls, locked in a standstill of grave fate, striving for vengeance, and what they believed was right. 

 

  “ You will pay for this…Traitor!!! I Will Make You Pay!!!!”

 

  Lima pressured her saber deeper, harder.

 

  Yet Neruko remained firm, while her lips quivered, aching to speak, to convey her true purpose—

 

  — They are wrong, Lima. 

 

  You are all wrong—!

………

…………… 

  It is known—

  that All matter has an end. Without exception. 

 

  Rot is absolute, and decay inescapable. 

 

  Even the stars with their twinkling blaze, shall one day diminish into darkness void.

 

  That, is the law of nature, The Sacred Order—of Life. 

 

  But nature also shone a path, of which to extend, to echo throughout time,

 

  To pass on, exceeding Matter, surpassing Existence,

 

  Through Memory. 

 

 Through the Conjoining of Memories can there sustain, 

 

  can Life remain, endure, persevere.

  Memories, of Light, of Dark, of all things in between, link and merge with one another to give birth to a new force that shall combine with more power, more Memories, more Light across the universe, 

 

  and become Immortal.

 

  

  That is what we all bear,

 

  The Power to Go Beyond—

.

.

.

  Eyes shut, feeling the short warmth of the sun that used to dawn upon her, the soothing breeze of the morning past her cheeks, the gentle hands from behind, enveloping her in warm embrace, caressing her, feeling her, shielding her, and the infant Light thriving within her. 

    It was her Memory, and his too combined, of her beloved.

 

  All that vaporized as Yun reopened her eyes, reassessing the environment of the dark cold room where she now stood before the bed.

  Her tight grip still interlocked with Yuri’s arm, who looked back in teary, helpless, longing gaze.

  “ The power…to go Beyond…?” Yuri stammered in wonder, the novel concept of the growing pain inside of her body too surreal to assume.

  “ I don’t fully understand yet, Yun! Tell me more…show me how I can get rid of this pain, this suffering and become stronger…to Protect my Family!” 

  Shaken at the shoulder by weakened yet vehement pinning grasps, Yun wasn’t sure if Yuri could accept the answer.

 

  (...You can’t…Yuri.)

 

  “ ...What…?” A cold emptiness flushed through Yuri’s light heart.

 

  (The pain… is part of the Memory…no matter how tormenting, how dreadful and excruciating it is and will become, it is part of the power, Your Power now. It is the strife that eventually makes us stronger, and refusing it out…cutting it out…)

 

  Yun didn’t finish. Yun couldn’t finish. Her means were spoken, and it was Yuri’s part to either accept or deny, which Yuri pondered with great doubt; for dear life.

  “ But Yun… Yuno said–Yuno said it was the poison of Vitas—Vernui, his corruption into Demon kind, Memories of Dark that made me weak…Yun, you mean to say—that this pain, this Memory born out of mine and Vernui’s…is the Power to Go Beyond…?! The power to persevere and endure…But, I can’t see it, Yun!! I can’t see what you are trying to tell me!!!”

 

  ( Then Feel it.)

 

  Hand in hand, close to each other, to calm, to soothe, to rest Yuri’s frenzying distraught with the runes of mending and rejuvenation, Yun whispered.

 

  ( Memory is Light. Memory is Power. It is a nearly impossible occurrence, so rare that few have witnessed the true form of two Memories combined…more so of Light and Dark...of entwining longing of the past…Yuri, to be here—to merely exist is a sign of extreme powers at work, which is the same Energy you now bear. You have gone a long way, it's right there… so close.  You just have to find it, you have to hold on to it— don't give up just now!! …Feel it, Yuri! Feel it… and you will understand…!)

 

  “ But all I feel is pain…!” Yuri tried to fight back and flee the plight, but Yun held her ground.

 

  ( I know…) Yun summoned more Starbreaker runes to cease the growing agony in hopes to alleviate them for Yuri, hugging her in an encouraging embrace.

  ( …I know…)

 

  But there was nothing she could do.

 

  It was a struggle meant for Yuri alone. 

 

  For one to persevere. 

 

  And Yun understood so,

 

  That no words could possibly convey that feeling, that sensation of palpable…Hope, that comes from deep within all that endeavor, deep beneath all the Memories, lost and in shadow, 

 

  First Memories.

 

  Memories that were sealed, for a reason.

 

  ( …I have been there too, Yuri…I know the pain…the struggles…and  I also know what is behind all this…I have seen it…I have touched it…felt it…it's right there...Please…put your trust in someone who had made it so close…so close—)  

  And for a tiny glimpse, a fleeting moment in Yun’s tears, 

 

  Yuri saw light.

 

  Memories of yonder playing before Yuri's eyes in the reflection of the unexpected nature. Greatly amazed Yuri was, and from beneath the harrowing surge of warmth, of comfort slowly thrived.

  Fear no Darkness

  The voice started ringing in her ears.

  FearnoDarkness……

  It is time.

  There's no turning back, shunning away. 

  Yuri closed her eyes in tight determination.

  She was ready to feel, to seek, to confront, 

  to Understand.

………

  

  Time has already been spent in too many futile actions, Neruko warned herself as she slid out of the standstill at last with remarkable agility, and loaded the next round of photon caliber before aiming at the rightful target, charging right at her still.

  Neliya was in the way, and though she was expected to feel remorse, saddened like the distraught children before her, Neruko felt more of the pressure weighing down behind her, from above, from the supervision of her Master. Neruko must finish the task.

  And that mission, came in the form of Lima, charging full speed at her with the searing lightsaber piercing forth.

 

  “ NERUKOOOO!!!!!” Lima shrieked again, straightforwardly aiming the tip of her energy blade towards Neruko’s Light heart, which the cat-eared girl quickly countered with another shot, this time sending the photon bullet right at its presumed course at Lima’s head.

  But before any ammunition could touch a hair on Lima, the girl of the sun, the brave golden pupiled Lima thrashed her weapon, and her blade traversed in light speed before her as the photon bullet was evaporated immediately by the sheer heat.

  The lightsaber didn’t stop there and went down, swinging full length down on Neruko who dashed underneath in unfathomable agility between Lima’s feet, narrowly escaping being chopped vertically in half.

 

  “ You don’t understand…!”

 

  Lima heard the cat-eared girl hiss as her dark silhouette rose. Quickly, Neruko loaded one bullet more and aimed straight forth, to which Lima spun around, her speed gravely slower than the cat-eared one’s moves, and Neruko’s fingers tightened upon the trigger.

 

  But instantly, before any sound of rattling muffled shots could resound, light blood burst out of Neruko’s gun-holding wrist as there appeared out of a flash like pale lightning, is the ferocious fur-coated form of the Wolf cub Elza, sinking its sharp fangs all deep into the thin tiny arm of the menacing girl.

  Dropping the weapon out of her bleeding grasp, Neruko knew her time for assault had been fully spent as she sensed the heat of the lightsaber coming her way. To Retreat is the only thing on her mind now.

  With instant struggle, Neruko raised the wolf, still clinging onto her gashed arm up high to the diving saber which as Neruko expected, would stop Lima’s blade temporarily as she forcefully swung the wolf cub off her hand like vice.

 

  “ You don’t understand…I did this…For Them…!!”

 

  “ NONSENSE!!!!” Neo, seeing his love Neliya being hurt by a former friend and comrade, rushed up front, sword raised with wrath and fury imbued in his woeful strike, charged in between Lima and Neruko and made to slay the latter of the two, only for Neruko to seize a chance to escape by kicking Neo back onto Lima, dashing back to reprieve as Neo and Lima tumbled to a side.

 Seeing that there was no time left to elaborate, Neruko crashed out through the glass corridors from the side, leaping down the slanting ceilings of the palace buildings for the optimal escape route.

 

  Scurrying up after being swung to the wall painfully, Elza the tiny canine regained fervorous posture, barking fiercely at the shattered opening, mustering the courage to take the leap.

  Lima, and Neo too, with their determinations well prepared to meet out justice and eagerness craving to know what Neruko’s words meant, made to take the leap and track Neruko down once and for all, just before Lima halted at the last second, the edge of her eye seeing the bloody scene behind her, reminding the graver circumstances much larger than vengeance.

 

  “ Neo, wait!!” Lima cried to the child leader Neo, who was just a step away from the sharp-edged opening, ready to give chase before Lima pulled him back as he turned around to his mortified crew.

 

  Neliya, covered in her own light blood, lay limply on the floor as Lucky, terrified yet trying to stay calm, ripped parts of her own clothing to bandage and pressure the open wound upon Neliya’s left arm. 

  “ Guys, help me carry Neliya!” Lucky cried as Neo finally let go of revenge and rushed back with the other accompanying children, hoisting Neliya up to safety and heading back to their headquarters, which was a long way ahead.

  Too far away, Lima deducted, Neliya won’t make it!

    “ Neliya needs to be sent to the infirmary as soon as possible. There is one in this palace! I know the place!”

  Lima suggested, meeting with Neo’s instant disapproval.

 

  “ You mean to trust these Androids and the Skylord?!” Neo barked with utter rage.

“ Lima, Neruko turned against us most likely because of the Skylord!!! And now you want me to give Neliya in?!”

 

  “ Neliya will Perish!!!” Lima shouted back, fearing there was no time left for hesitation.

“ Neliya’s wounds…they need immediate tending, Please! Neo!! For Neliya—!!!”

 

  “ We can seek Princess Sora!!” Lucky quickly, with her arms supporting Neliya’s side, edged forth to follow Lima.

  “ Neo, we don’t have the power to save Neliya…but Sora definitely has! Rio said so, and We have to try!!”

 

  Conflicted by the strong hatred towards the Starbreakers and the frenzied urge to rescue his beloved Neliya, Neo, with eventual resolve, followed suit.

  “ You are coming with me.” Lima scooped the wolf cub up and sat it down upon her shoulder.

  “ And you’ll help me find Her, find Neruko.” 

 

  Elza barked twice in strong agreement.

………

  Finishing a dozen sets of weapons for her hearty crew, Feira reached out to construct another when her eyes caught glimpse of her brother Finnir, sickly still yet rushing with a never-before-seen fervor out of the children’s headquarters, with Kai and chunky boi Treize following behind.

 

  Never had Feira seen such fear and distraught in his younger brother’s eyes.

 

  “ Finnir! Come back this instance!” Feira demanded with the superiority of an older sibling and the responsibility of a worried caring sister, only to see Finnir accelerate in his steps with the other two boys accompanying his rush.

 

  “ No can’t do, sister!” Finnir was at the door in no time.

“ Neo and the others in the palace are in grave danger! We have a traitor Among Us!!” 

 

  “ Among us!!!” Treize uttered, anguished by the notion.

 

  “ Then I shall follow!” Feira, as caring of her brother as always, put down her tools and brought with her weapons newly constructed for the great cause and followed Finnir, Kai, and Treize on their audacious rescue mission to save their ill-fated comrades in the Sky Palace.

 

  “ But Finnir, aren’t we going to be in the same dire state as Neo if we rush in without a solid stratagem?” Kai questioned with a sound inquiry.

 

  “ Danger is not from encountering hazard, Kai.” Finnir wisely replied in foreboding.

“ It’s not knowing to retreat at the right moment, that is most perilous. We need to get them out of the palace before it's too late!”

 

  What if, there is a reason that Neo and the others can’t leave immediately as you ordained, Finnir…? Kai would have asked, but chose to keep his anxieties and speculations at bay as the small escape squad ventured down the fateful path.

………

  Tumbling to the low castle grounds, barely landing upon her agile limbs before crashing into the royal pond in the middle of the courtyard, Neruko rose up, panting, and in agony.

 

  “ No…” sobbing was she, the cat-eared girl with the gun in her trembling grasp, the weapon that she had used to hurt a dear friend of her pack.

 

  She had done the unspeakable, passed the point of no return, but it is a path that must be tread.

 

  “ They don’t understand…they don’t remember…!”

 

  Crawling out of the marble basin, shaking off the dews upon her wet coat and hair, Neruko stood, against the guilt and agony, flames of resolve burning within her thin vertical pupils.

 

  “ They are wrong…and Caesar Skyman…Is Right…!!!”

  Darting like a black comet, up the walls and pillars, Neruko pounced nonstop, rising once more to finish the task, 

 

  to guide them children to the path meant for them from the very start, that they have derailed afar since the beginning.

 

  Too late…it is already too late…!

………

  

  With frail arms hoisting his thin frame, rising atop the golden emblazoned throne, Caesar Skylord adjourned, moving forth one step after another down the pedestal in majestic cadence, closer to the ‘guest’ before him who had her arsenals raised toward him. The Lord’s leggings of armored glass clattered ominously underneath those fluttering exorbitant dazzling white robes of golden linings, like tendrils of their own minds thrashing with zeal.

 

  “ Of all the children of Star I have created,” Caesar Skylord began, like a mellow stringing cello his voice did ring in reverberation across his empty hall.

  “ None of them resembled your face. Yet…you strike deeply into the depth of my memories. You…you resemble someone I know…Someone I seek dearly.”

 

  “ Save your efforts. You won’t possibly know me.” Yuno snapped coldly, stepping one cautious step forth the nearing King, her twin assaulting beam cannon disc pods the size of ship motors hovering close by her shoulders.

  “ But I know who you are. I know every aspect, every possibility of your character. And they all proved to be unworthy of the Power you so pursue.”

 

  “ So…you are related to the Herunis Carna. Splendid.” Caesar Skylord smirked, fully descending his throned podium, pausing, posing a slanting stance with much intimidation and glee. The pale vales like grasping tentacles swaying violently behind his wake.

  “ No wonder…I see her in you. I feel her presence…I See You, Yuri.”

 

  “ Yuri is not here.” Yuno gently raised both arms, sending up her sky pods to attack position from both sides, aiming at the Jojo-posing lord.

  “ But indeed, you are speaking directly to one of its Protectors—of the Herunis Carna!”

 

  And with a wave, the two enormous disc pods let go, buzzing their mourning streams of bursting energy, burning the air and igniting the throne room with much ferocity and zeal, two glorious cyclones of flare and comet dashing down to incinerate the one target that yet stood with much leisure at gunpoint.

 

  “ Oh hoh.” Eyeing the two twisting ending beams coming towards him at his left and right, without any thin sense of concern in that contempt stare, Caesar Skylord smirked.

  “ You approach me with light, young protector? You approach me with the sheer Light that I bequeathed thee all?! You are approaching me with the very power that I giveth to all Life and Meaning?!?!?! The very Essence that I rule?! Your Powers Are Mine!!!!”

 

  And with both arms jetting up out of his cloak, horizontally placing them atop his chest before lo, Caesar Skyman let go, springing both hands out front in one zealous shoot, standing tall and imposing as his whole frame resembled one dominant T pose, as blinding waves of sheer Light the Skylord emitted out of his asserting guise, forming efficient walls of shimmer that repelled the beams Yuno had confidently set afree.

 

  Yuno winced as she fast rolled back, guiding her huge disk pods to defense position as she stood strong, facing the coming wave of swarming light tsunami of fierce bright. And with a clap, reaching her strongly clasped hands together and pointing forth askew, her arms forming like a protruding bow sprit of a ship that cut through the bursting waves, the burning flares, attempting to swallow her, were but deflected by the confident ultramarine glow of her Starbreaker armor. Like an ark in the raging tempest of fire, Yuno stood her ground.

 

  “ I see…I see now. You are someone—no, Something else Entirely!” Caesar Skyman applauded with enlightenment.

  “ Interesting…I have never imagined someone else to reflect the glows of Miracles other than sweet Yuri…but here we are. You must be a byproduct of the Herunis Carna’s calling, an Emissary to answer my prayer!”

 

  “ I am your end.” Yuno calmly replied the senile lord, separating her twin blazing sky pods into three thinner discs, six in total all soaring and spinning out at full speed either as twirling blades or beam shooters, edging to the Skylord’s presence with murderous intent.

 

  Caesar accepted them all with wide arms.

 

  “ Your potentials are staggering, yet all you use are my creations.” Caesar mused, dicing one of the coming disc pods with a powerful hand chop of light force and deflecting another coming beam with his other arm.

  “ These disc-type sky pods are all designed in my youth. These are my weapons, thrown against me in such a crude manner. Interesting…a foreigner like you… unable to exert full potential in this dimension, resorting to mundane combat with possessions of this realm! In a simple say—You are Powerless here!”

 

  Getting his pleasing results through his observant eyes and quick imagination, Caesar Skyman came to the conclusion that this girl, this shrewd Starbreaker before him, is but a weak opponent, a foolish girl coming here to his abode to guide him to the Herunis Carna.

  It is like Christmas…if only anyone understood and remembered what Christmas was…!!

 

  And before Caesar Skyman unleashed his cruel absolute powers unhinged, he felt a hot piercing sensation erupt from behind, burning through his back and sprouting out of his sleek abdomen.

  He traced his fingers down before his eyes followed.

 

  There, protruding out of his left stomach,

 

  bathed in sparkling red-tinged liquidus,

  Was a royal android arm.

  “ You are right. I use only the things you create.”

 

  Yuno spaced forth with light menacing steps toward the shaken lord, pinned to his post by the one ambushing android guard at the back.

 

  “ But that doesn't mean I can’t kill you with your own weapons.”

  “ YOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

  Snarling and coughing blood like a wounded beast, however, Caesar Skyman’s true colors, transparent but vaguely shimmering with many colors, shone at the brink of his full visage, exceeding Yuno’s initial expectations.

 

  The true conflict had just begun.

………

  “ The Skylord is but man.”

 

  Rippling in a queenly manner, Caerlia Lansara Suprima conversed, with two of her crooked lance rifles jutting to a cross before her, locking the neck of the black behemoth looming in place, pressing close with extreme beasthood hostility.

 

  “ A man with want. A man with a lie.

 

  A man with all the power and Memory in the world

 

   yet is never satisfied.”

  “ His want is Beyond.” 

 

  The dark entity hummed forebodingly, lurking its huge mass back from the hovering lances and snaking to the side, the red glowing runes upon its visor beaming upon Caerlia’s proud cheek.

  “ And his want is not of your concern. Nor mine. It is but My MISSION.”

 

  “ Then you are the same to be condemned.” Without flinching, another lance rifle immediately emerged at Caerlia’s bidding, threatening the armored being back from its master.

  “ Light gathered from all, Light from the people, Light from the innocent, Light from my Brothers and Sisters! Collected under the Lord’s wake, waiting for Transcendence that will never come to them. Caesar Skylord—No, Caesar Skyman, is but a selfish man, dragging all into this whirlpool of no return.”

 

  “ There is no need for return.” The dark armored mass that was Starbreaker General Solo replied ominously, backing slightly away from the humming star lance with ease.

  “ The Mission is to Seek, not retrieve. To bring all that is required, to the designated frontier.”

 

  “ Taking them to their utter demise!!” finally, the Exalted one’s rage exceeded its bounds.

“ All the Light, the Memories…of my brothers and sister…!”

 

  “ They are not your siblings.” The metallic voice elaborated, without sentiment.

 

  “ They come from the same blood as Mine!” With a call, all the zigzagging beams, from back and front, from up and down, jolting out of the corners of the luxurious suite to Caerlia’s command, piercing through dimensions and existence all aiming at the one being that stared back at the blazing death with hubris.

 

  “ As were you, from Mine, Caerlia.” 

 

  The runes upon Bradinn’s visor flared and without his body even moving, or flinching, all the searing lightning and stakes of light repelled and rebounded away to infinity, incinerating the room and slicing the tower to pieces, while none of the striking blazes scathed the multi-runed hide.

 

  The suite teetered, as the whole capital rocked with its falling.

………

  “ What was that??” Rio uttered as the floor shuddered and the moaning of breaking cement echoed not far away from the princess’s chambers ominously.

  “ Something just blew up outside!! Must be Demons!!!”

  Rio, already affirming himself as the Princess’s Starbreaker knight, shielded Sora from nothing in particular in the empty hall.

 

  “ Oh no…!” Princess Sora, however, gasped in terror as suddenly her body tilted and faltered to a side, where Rio caught her in his arms just in time.

 

  “ Sora, what’s wrong?! What do you need me do?! Tell me and I shall do and accomplish!”

 

  “ It’s father…!” Sora panted in distress, her body trembling all over.

“ Lord father…he is in danger!”

  Rio stopped short, petrified by the imminent conflict that came sooner than he expected.

 

  He wished to cease Sora’s tears, worries, and qualms and save her father, but her father was none other than the notorious Skylord! He who had captured Finnir before and imprisoned millions of Light souls in his dominion. He who threatens their pack, his family and friends!

 

  Rio remained still, trying to stay calm, aching for a solution to either satisfy Sora, or not let his fellowship down. But there was none. Either way, one side had to yield.

 

  And it was up to him, Rio, to choose a side.

  Fists clenched, with hardened resolve, Rio made his choice.

 

  


“ Sora…you lead, I follow.”

  

………

  Bending his knees and crouching his trembling stance, Caesar made to make a dive for it, palms glowing with light when at the exact moment of his strife, another sharp delicate arm of a royal guard droid pierced out the other side of his blood-smeared abdomen, hindering his dash to an obscene vomiting of sparkling crimson blood. 

 

  Placidly Eyeing the broken man before her, Yuno looked down, aloof and disdainful, not fully invested in witnessing an end of a dynasty. 

 

  “ Gathering all those memories, the light souls and all, only to use them…to flee from this dying earth...Predictable, actually. ”

  Yuno muttered coldly, guiding one last sky pod to end the wretched Lord’s unsavory skulking. 

  “ That's why you are unworthy, of the powers to save the World...of Mother’s Blessings…”

 

  And Yuno raised the thin metallic disc pod high as a blade, aiming at the Skylord’s nape.

  “ Am I...Wrong…?”

  The blade stopped mid-air. 

  “ Am I wrong…?” Caesar Skyman asked again, spitting one last patch of blood to his scorched majestic mat with a thin sadistic sneer. 

  “ To use my creations…for my own will…? Is it wrong… to govern upon my Children, of whom I have created?!?!?!”

  With a heave, Caesar ripped the piercing droid arm out of his stomach, leaving one grotesque orifice upon his clean flesh,

  That slowly started to heal under sparkles of Light, before Yuno’s wide behelding eyes. 

  

………

  “ You were the first Starbreaker ever to be successful, Caerlia.” Solo’s distorted voice echoed in the crumbling cascade all around Caerlia, who quickly summoned her golden Starbreaker armor and twin-antlered helm to her presence, elevating from the descending avalanche of wreck with her lance rifles circling and shielding her with utmost loyalty.

  Solo’s voice cooly remained within the chaos.

  “ With my Power over the Physical Realm, and the Light Blood Formula of Caesar Skyman, you were born as proof of the success of the first step. And from you, came Starbreakers and Light-Hearted revitalized kind, spreading the Light Source and increasing the population, that is step two of the mission. Now, is step three. The time for usage has come.”

 

  “ Not Under My Watch!!!” With senses that exceed sight, Caerlia fired three of her Lance rifles forth into the crumbling debris, only to be denied by the true burgeoning powers of the Bradinn that too exceed Caerlia’s expectations.

  “ No, they will not be used or destroyed in your plans and missions…! They shall truly transcend, under my command! Under my leige of the Herunis Carna!!!”

 

  So declaring, Caerlia Lansara Suprima gripped two of her four hovering star lances and leapt down through the air to strike, engaging the now transcended Solo in one on one Starbreaker combat in the air, among the precipitating wreak and debris of the falling tower.

  Clashing upon the enormous hardened fists of the dark immense being, while letting the other two lances support her with proliferating spear beams from the side, Caerlia incarnated into a cyclone, a hurricane of flurry and destruction, sending lightning across to her bidding and calling upon the flames of the stars, with all that burns and melts now her allies, each strike and slash carved canyons and craters upon the earth of old.

  But even with thunderous machinations and empowering works, Solo was still as the start—unfazed, unscathed, unbreakable.

 

  “ I see…you seek the Herunis Carna, for you assume your intentions justifiable.” Solo blocked a penetrating lance blow with but a stare of his flaring eyes of alien color, glowing underneath his visor.

  “ Then you are no different from the Skylord you so accuse.”

 

  “ At least I won’t forsake my own kind.” Spinning her twin lances, Ag-Likhan and Fe-Pilias, as the two sprouted lightning and scourge upon the opponent, Caerlia pursued as if from all sides, speeding in formidable acceleration unlike any other, forcing Solo into defense.

  “ I don’t lie. I promise Transcendence, so Shall come Transcendence!! I shall bring the Herunis Carna to all, as I, Lansara Suprima wills it!!!” 

  “ Wills it…?” 

  Mocked the entity of grand proportions.

 

  “ What will is there existing in the minds of the fabricated?”

  “ You—”

 

  But before Caerlia could return her answer in the form of a devastating strike, Solo parried the blow and his voice did echo.

 

  “ All you think you are, all that you believe, is The Will of Caesar Skyman. The will to be, was never yours, never for those of Light Heart!”

  And for one split second, one minuscule moment amongst all the flurry and battle, Solo found his chance and grabbed it tight, retaliating at long last with his gigantic armored fist—

………

  

  “ I bequeath…” snarling as the Skylord’s one hand yanked off the other droid arm penetrating his other side with much-irritated effort.

  “ So shall I taketh…!! What wrong is there?! What wrong can you, mere senseless mannequins dancing to my play judge the holy script of my well-orchestrated designs?!”

 

  And with each scar exposed, light, sheer golden sparkling stars flakes emerged, kissing the bleeding scars and fissures as they sutured together to form a complete, smooth, pearly set of skin anew, clean and uninterrupted, as pale as a newborn.

  Not soon enough did Yuno realize the wounds upon the Skylord were not the only things that had recovered. The thin frail physique of this man, this engineer of mystery, had long gone, dissipated with the stardust that cleansed his exposed flesh, and what revealed and took place of the weakling, was a robust, sinewy well-built man of his prime, muscles finely chiseled and bulging, distinctively elongated and stretching with might upon that slanting wide back vaguely yet surely visible under the fluttering glowing robes, that are as if so deliberately lacerated in such expanding and revealing fashion, magnifying his facade and doubling the threatening animosity.

  Runes, seals, and carvings of flaring majestic Light glowed with reverence upon the robust muscles of the tyrannus Lord. 

  And his visage, no more of sickened mal nutritious repulsion, but teeming with life, twinkling with charm while his hair now strands of slashing light protruding up, and eyes beacons in the midst that only did accentuate his godly new form.

 

  Gingerly, Yuno stepped back, ushering her arsenals secretly to her aid as she prepared a second clash.

 

  The newly rejuvenated lord of Sky posed menacingly, pointing a finger that stretched out from the obliquely twisted arm, glaring with grave intensity, determined to settle the unwelcomed intrusion once and for all.

  “ Emissary of Herunis Carna, your coming here to stop me has already proven of my worth, of your disparity to finish me lest I unveil and take away all that you hide from me! And from your technicaless moves and folly I have realized of your incompetence to hinder my bright trail—Yield now, or I shall pursue thee, By Force!!!!”

 

  “ Your size poses no shock to me.” Yuno volleyed, firmly sound as she confidently summoned more droids and sky pods to engage.

  “ Cleaning your skin only provides me more choices to puncture your defenseless body!”

 

  “ Oh hoh, then it is yourself to blame, young one, for the Memories that burn at my disposal.”

  

  An apparent frown deepened between Yuno’s brow as the Skylord cackled, circling the hall disconcertingly.

 

  “ Alas, you see, but do not comprehend. Accept this enlightenment as mercy, child.” 

And without warning, Caesar Skyman ran his own wrist against the hovering disk sky pod behind him, slicing the root of his hand upon the sharp circular edge as his limb flew off in severance. The hand dropped before Yuno’s feet in a meaty slop.

  And again, as all wounds upon the Skylord had undergone, under the grace of sparks and twinkling of yellowish divine light, the hand grew back, fresh and pure like ivory sculpture.

 

  “ All this Light you see, all that heals me and grants me Eternal Genesis, are from the Memories, the Light Souls that thee Starbreakers and Captains have gathered for me…! Yes…with each slash, each wound or scar you reckon upon my perfect flesh, I take one Light Soul and exhort their purpose as I so marvelously rendered. You, Emissary, are exhausting Memories as we speak…!!!!!”

 

  Shaking with rage, fists clenched, knuckles blanching, Yuno immediately halted her assault reluctantly, enduring the taunts and jeers of the nearing lord as his frame grew larger and larger as he approached.

 

  “ Do not sadden, no. Now is the time to rejoice.” Caesar Skylord lulled as he stood at the center of the throne room, beams of light focusing on his towering existence as his arms spread wide open.

  “ These Memories, the Light of all these faithful believers, they are the cornerstones of the grand feat, my ultimus crescendo, My…saving grace…! Glory be to Light, Excellence be to those who are willing to pay the price! That is I…Caesar Skyman—Caesar Skylord that shall do the deed! With greater power, comes greater resolution! With greater sacrifice, comes divine accomplishments!! Lights of all, Memories I so forged, To Me!!!

 

  I shall Kindle to thy last spec, and reach—To The Stars—!!!!!!!!!”

  To all witness, Caesar Skylord glowed and flashed, with bloom and brilliance, the utter dazzling of his luminescence pushing Yuno back three feet. And through the blinding shafts could Yuno barely see the pallid frame of the complete man, pure white of silhouette, point one prominent forefinger in her direction.

 

  And that was all the Skylord needed, 

 

  to project a devastating beam of extreme amalgamations, searing and tumultuous, hallowing and divine, crashing out of the throne room, out of the palace, out through the capital buildings and skyscrapers, a streaming comet of utmost Light absorbing all visible sight and focus onto its unstoppable wake, dimming the rest until it eventually dissipated, leaving a deep melted trail three football courts wide and length exceeding thrice the capital’s radius.

 

  Scorched stench and smoke filled the air as visibility returned to all, only to reveal the lands  bleak and forlorn.

 

  Yuno climbed out of her mound of countless disc blade sky pods that were all expended and pulverized to ash and scrap metal before her eyes. 

  There, at the bare palace grounds, Yuno looked up, 

 

  to see the half-naked muscular Lord of Light float out in holy visage, halos in dozens, radiating around him gracefully as Caesar the Unleashed looked down upon his works of marvel,

 

  as the world despaired.

  “ Bring me Yuri!!!!”

  Caesar Skylord demanded, his call echoing miles around the earth in majestic grandeur.

  “ And Grant me Entry to thy Herunis Carna—!!!!!”

  

 

  Despite all that transpire before her, 

  Yuno replied so.

  “ —Over my Dead Body—!!!!”

………

  The shudder from afar, like a yanking grab,  pulled Yuri back from her focus. Eyes open to see her presence still resided in the darkened room, her lonesome lodging.

  Continuous rumbling followed and unease ensued as the world outside slowly plummeted into disarray.

 

  Imminent danger did Yuri’s senses urgently alarm, yet she was not yet there, not yet ready to traverse the Memory Realm, to confront and face the Powers inside her.

 

  ( Yuno…) 

 

  Yun was at the window, eyeing through the thin cleavage between the drapes at the origin of the constant shudder of the capital, lights and flare reflecting upon her pale worried face.

 

  Yuri realized immediately, 

 

  There’s not much time.

  “ Yun, I might know a way to help myself remember…to truly feel and grasp the power inside me!”

 

  Yuri managed to crawl out of bed as fast as possible and fumbled restlessly to the lounge, where Yuka was, as usual, building Starbreaker tech.

 

  “ Yuri…! What are you—”

 

  “ I need ‘Chocolate’!” Yuri cried out, dashing to the kitchen side of the hall.

“ Or any food here that can give rise to the Memories in my head!”

 

   And through Memory, through reminiscence, somehow she could return to the subconscious state—where her mind can link with the Herunis Carna altogether!

 

  ( It might work!) Yun flew into the kitchen at a drifting light pace to Yuri’s presence.

( The main energy sustenance in this Capital are Memory Inducers, particles that stimulate Memory and thus boost Light Power as a whole.)

 

  So that wasn’t food at all…Yuri thought to herself as Yun quickly prepared the ingredients before Yuka stepped in to stop them at once.

 

  “ Wait ho!” Yuka hollered next to the other two.

“ Remember what Caesar Skylord did when Yuri’s linked to the Herunis Carna the night before?! He can just suck all the codes and Memories from Yuri whenever the connection is advent! Yuri, your linking with The Memories now is unsafe! And will risk everything, like what Yuno said!”

 

  “ Hiding forever from those who seek my Power is not the way.” Yuri panted, stepping forth, trembling weakly yet with much resolve.

  “ I’d rather fight back... Fighting back is the only way to stop them, to become Stronger, to fully protect Mother’s Memory—The Herunis Carna’s Memory!”

 

  “ But you are risking the whole Herunis Carna by doing so!”

  Yuka, doubtful still, wasn't sure Yuri knew of the consequences of her linking at the moment.

  “ Yun, are you sure about this?!”

 

  Yun, though her concerns palpable through her frown is unease, nodded still in confirmation. 

 

  Yuka turned back to Yuri, as the two Starbreaker locked in riveting gazes for an intense momentary silence. 

 

  “ … the Skylord will not stop to get what he wants. You know that, Yuri…”

 

  “ I know... ” Yuri staggered to a stand, both arms supporting herself at the counter. 

  “ But I also want to know… What I am capable of! I want to know if I can do it… I want to know where this Memory leads, who I really am!... I don't want to be like this anymore…

 

  …I Want To Try…!

 

  …I Have To Try—!!”

 Ready to speak against Yuri out loud, Yuka stopped short at the last second. 

 

  Those eyes, 

 

  Yuri's eyes, shimmering, dazzling, reflecting not the world around them, but of Star, of Light, of Determination, 

 

  of Hope.

 

  Those were the eyes of a challenger.

 

  A powerful gaze yonder to a firm destination sworn to achieve; one not devoid of fear still, but not of the fear of herself, but for the fear of others that needed her, tarry she cared for, longed for. 

 

  It was a strong determined gaze that Yuka thought was lost forever in herself, but found in Yuri. 

  And Yuka knew, then and there, that Yuri was the One. 

  “ ...Alright alright alright! I have been craving a good battle since the start anyways!”

  Yuka swung her pack of fully loaded, newly designed weaponry into the middle of the lounge. 

  “ Who cares? Whoever dares hurt us will have a good ass kicking, am I right ?!”

 

  “ We are not ass-kicking anyone just yet, Yuka.” Yuri suggested in reply, and as soon as she finished, Yun handed Yuri a bowl of Starbreaker sustenance, the Light Memory Inducer, and Yuri swallowed it with one gulp without hesitance.

 

  All three girls waited for what was about to come.

  “...well…?” Yuka asked doubtfully.

“ Are you linked to the Herunis Carna yet?”

 

  With eyes shut, brows wrinkled to a deep frown, Yuri shook her head.

 

  “ Not enough…I need something stronger. Like the first time I tasted that chocolate way back—something that can brighten my mind, show me my past…!”

 

  Yuri then grabbed the whole can of Light Memory Inducer ingredients and downed the insides whole in gulps, despite Yun and Yuka’s shocked disapproval that came too late.

  Slamming the can down, panting, Yuri closed her eyes to Feel, to dive down, deeper into the Memories’ embrace—only to find herself standing in the kitchen, feeling nauseous.

 

  “...It’s not working…” Yuri blanched in a whisper, her veins running cold.

 

  Her friends, now in imminent peril, her captain and crew mates in jeopardy, and Yuno, clashing against the Skylord herself…Now is the time for her to help yet all she could do, could think of wasn’t enough. The Memories were not with her in the times' Yuri needed them the most!

 

  ( There must be another way…) Yun hurriedly looked for medical supplements in her midst pouch frantically, while Yuka, despite her rash hasty attitude during most endeavors, was now engaged in silent cohesive brooding.

 

  “...Yeah...There is another way you could link with the Herunis Carna…aside from eating…” Yuka suddenly seemed to grasp a solid idea in mind as Yuri and Yun stared wide-eyed at the most unlikely candidate to come up with sound advice.

 

  “ Remember how you linked with It, the night before?” Yuka asked Yuri in a grave ominous undertone.

 

  Yuri hesitated in thought.

 

  “ That was…while I was on my way to find Grandpapa Bradson, Lima, and the others…after I was attacked by this… this overpowering Starbreaker knight. Then—”

  “ —Exactly.” Yuka answered, and without warning, 

  she hurtled a quick solid punch at Yuri’s face, straight through the nose, 

  knocking Yuri flat to the floor.

  Yun screamed in distraught, flying to hold Yuri back up with much hassle.

 

  ( YUKA!!! What have you…)

 

  But before Yun could strike down her audacious sister, the glow in her arms stopped her mid-sentence, as it grew brighter and brighter, enveloping the whole lounge in a blooming gentle blue luminance.

  Yuri, fully unconscious and overdosed on Memory Inducer Supplements,

 

  had successfully reached the Herunis Carna once again.

 

  Though methods do be more unorthodox than expected.

  “ Hey, they don’t call me genius Yuka for nothing, you know?” Yuka chuckled, rubbing her nose proudly while Yun pinched her belly hard, glaring in silence. 

 

  Instantly, as Yuri’s full bloom had just begun to excel, 

 

  the alarms of their hiding place started to flicker and shout in urgent rattle as Yun and Yuka looked up, sensing their surroundings and summoning their Starbreaker armor to action.

 

  ( The Skylord…he sensed Yuri!) Yun, with the unconscious glowing Yuri she carried behind her back, conjured several runes around the perimeter, summoning midsts and fog in hopes to conceal their whereabouts, yet the alarms went on ringing at top pitch.

 

  “ Not just the Skylord…!!!”

  Yuka pointed at the skies behind Yun and there, darting and zooming in electric velocity, 

 

  were two lance rifles of the Lansara Suprima, 

 

  her Exaltedness’ calamitous fangs that were already there, hovering across the capital skylines, waiting to strike when the time is ripe.

 

………

  Caerlia sneered as the gigantic metallic fist emerged from yonder, blocking the world aside and heralding an instant demise in that overwhelming stroke diving straight towards her presence while the Lancer Starbreaker goddess simply grabbed one of her trusty weapons, and spun it full rotation before the upcoming blow.

 

  Like a turbine at maximum output, the lance rifle twirled and spun, and as it did, lightning stakes of sheer light spurted out of its flaming tip, throwing spears and flurries of hellfire that warped and pivoted symmetrically, as each light spear gave birth to another, one splitting into two, and in but seconds, what was but a small whirlpool of light, evolved into a grand tempest of lightning and storm, star fire and comet ablaze, striking the blasting fist of Solo back and throwing the enormous Starbreaker General down with the cascading wreak and boulders of the shattered tower citadel altogether before uniting one last time into Caerlia Lansara Suprima’s palm to form one bizarre grand red and white and gold bolt of demolishing, its zapping tip pointing straight at Solo’s Bradinn armored chest.

 

  Not good. Solo quickly slammed his two robust gauntlets to catch the glorious bolt blooming larger and deadlier in his wake.

  The Herunis Carna…it has resurfaced at the most untimely moment—Caerlia, she has only four of her six rifles here! She knew…She had been stalling!!!!

 

  Solo’s visor erupted with millions of crimson blaring runes as his shoulder and armor leggings huddled together fully, shrinking and reconstructing his silver-black frame into a spiked jagged boulder, right at the last moment, 

 

  when the bolt of Light was unleashed.

  “ Azornir Incarna—!!!!!!!!!!”

  Caerlia shouted the grand incantation of the amalgamation of Light spears, like a rose bursting did the great bolt lashed out of its master’s grasp, a flaming comet, shooting out asteroids as it traversed, splicing milky ways and penetrating even the largest of planets, straight diving through the mess and chaos in its own sentient hostility, all its means to demolish the one its Master had aimed and directed to wipe out from the face of the earth.

  Buzzing the horn of catastrophe, flaring the fires of ending, Azornir traveled and struck tip-first at Solo’s rolled-up defense, piercing with its own fierce and might, as if Caerlia was there herself gashing the magnificent energy weapon down on the Bradinn mail.

 

  Useless. I Have the Physical Realm on my side, nothing in this plane can penetrate my Will!

  With both robust gauntlets at full burst can Solo surely keep the blooming Astra spear at bay, and through the edge of his visor Solo saw that Caerlia was doing the same, fixed at her aerial position planting the great light upon him.

 

  Both Starbreaker champions of the first generation, interlocked in an unrelenting standstill, neither side showing signs of faltering even if time permits their royal conflict to last ages on and on. 

 

  But the Herunis Carna… It has risen…!

 

  Right at hand's reach!

 

  I must break out of this… If so…

 

  …there leaves only one resort, 

 

 To unbind my seals…!

  Beneath the red Rune-covered visor, Solo's eyes stared forth but watching he was not, as codes, numbers, symbols, and incantations, flowed down the surface of his red dimming eyeballs. 

  For Caesar Skyman…

 

  For Humanity…!

 

  I Have To Do What I Must!

  Focusing all her essence and strength down upon her striking Azornir Incantation, Caerlia sensed a gradual disturbance rippled from the tip of her grand Lance, as if the opponent beneath had changed, matter solidifying and energy erupting. 

 

  “ Just a little longer…”

 

  Caerlia pressed harder, feeling the force opposite her slowly raising her Astra against her.

 

  “ The Herunis Carna… Is In My Grasp...!!”

  As her eyes and focus remained on the sight of the crumbled tower of her former suite, her other senses were onto her two loyal envoys, 

 

  Her two Lance rifles Ti-Tanaro and Pt-Retura, 

 

  soaring across the Skyworld heavens, pursuing the emerging link of the Blessed Realm of Light, of Memory out in the open once again. 

………

  “ They are already close by, Yun! They already are looking forward to Yuri linking to the core of Herunis Carna!” Yuka hastily ushered all the defense mechanisms to place, raising laser turrets resting atop their lodgings to fight against the two approaching zigzagging rifles of doom. 

 

  (Then we have to fight back. )

 

  With arms spread and runes of fog and mist laid on all sides of the headquarters, Yun stared at the lance rifles with nothing but flaming courage radiating out of her brave gaze, one that Yuka was willing to put her trust upon.

 

  (For the world… for Mother… for Yuri...!)

 

  “ Ahh, that's what we are here for after all. ” Yuka approved, adjusting her cannons' aims to coordinate with her visor's sight. 

  “ Go, my children!! Now is our time to shine!!”

 

  Like shooting stars meant for the skies, the photon cannon turrets lined at the rooftops erupted in unison, balls of sheer light and energy dashing out vigorously at the lance rifles that had sensed their arrival. 

 

  In agile reaction, the two lance rifles parted ways in the sky, Ti-Tanaro to the right and Pt-Retura to the left. As if wielded by Caerlia herself unseen, the two lance rifles began to twirl, twist, and pierce in all ways marvelous and prestige, parrying all the photon balls and cannon beams with ease and flourish even without their master's dominating command. 

  “ I wish I had those. ” Yuka gulped, loading her next round of ammo as the spinning lance rifles fought their way down with menacing fervor. 

………

  Trying hard to ignore the chaos raging outside the castle hallways, Neo and the children rushed as fast as their legs could take them, following Elza the wolf cub, who had already been with Rio one time in and out of the palace grounds, well versed in the secret paths and Rio’s whereabouts, spending less time than they expected to finally arrive at Princess Sora’s chambers, where Rio was supposed to be.

 

  “ Rio!!” Neo shouted at the top of his lungs, meeting with no answer.

“ Rio!!! Help us! Neliya needs Princess Sora!!! Help! Anyone!!!”

 

  But to the children’s utter surprise, not even the royal droids were present to acknowledge their intrusion.

 

  The royal chamber was empty, as if abandoned from the very start.

 

  With his rage and fury unable to contain any second further, Neo roared in beastly fervor, slamming a delicate vase of high quality and masterwork to the ground with sheer anger. The porcelain pieces flew all about like his hopes shattered.

 

  Neliya’s panting increased in speed but weakened so.

 

  Rio, when his pack needed him the most, he was absent.

 

  “ …Rio may have been captured, Neo!” Lucky tried to convince them to move on in dreary haste.

  “ Even Princess Sora’s not here!”

 

  “ Guys!! Follow Elza! Quick!!” Lima, noticing at once that the tiny wolf cub wasn’t done yet, ushered for all to follow up a secret passage behind a large pillar which Elza nudged open with its tightly dark brown nose and barked bright hopeful barks.

  “ Rio headed this way! Go on, Elza!”

 

  “ Woof!” And the pack and the resourceful canine raced on, up the secret path that lead steeply upwards, towards the main halls to the throne room.

………

  “ Alas, Exalted Star of Reverance!” Solo’s deep distorted voice echoed from beneath the grand bolt of flame and calamity.

  “ Misguided by nonexistent will! You are lost, Caerlia. Lost in the Sentiment that befuddled your loyalty to the Lord!”

 

  “ My loyalty was never to this Caesar Skyman …!” Caerlia hissed from far above, pressing harder and harder as the pressure against her at the depth rose perceptibly.

  “ I serve…The Light of my people…! The Light souls and Memories of those that are born from my excellence! My Brothers! My Sisters! They are the ones that deserve to join in the promised land…The Blessed Realm…! But you lied…Caesar Skyman lied! I shall not stand idle while he uses those Memories—as Fuel to his own desire!!”

 

  “ That Is Your Fate!!!” Solo roared with monstrous fervor, his form aggregating, his true powers of the Bradinn rank emerging.

  “ That is all you Light-Hearted kinds’ sole purpose…! Know your place, and theirs, Caerlia! Those Memories your so-called siblings bear…the ones that you think you possess…are all but false grace bestowed upon thee to keep your consciousness intact.”

 

  And with a mighty heave, Solo raised the bolt of Azornir high with both gigantic arms, up above his head.

 

 “ All your Memories are Forged! All your Memories are tales to astonish! Fables to make believe!!! Your pasts are long gone, your personalities insignificant! Serve and Blaze the trail for the one remaining Human on this Earth—Caesar Skyman, thee children of Light, Starbreakers bound for Doom!”

 

  “ NO!” Caerlia heaved a punch, sending immense ripples sinking her grand bolt deep down once more and rains of light spears and flaming asteroids all colliding upon the ravaged earth, to which the Starbreaker General withstood all the blows like an immovable rock, like an unbreakable titan of sheer will.

  “ Forged or wrought, insignificant or not…There is truth within that Light! Truth within these Memories…! They are there, they are surely there…within our First Memories!!!!”

 

  First Memory…!!

 

  Solo felt the gravity weighing down upon his shoulders as ominous flashes traced around his surroundings.

 

  It’s the four Star lances rifles, Ag-Likhan, Fe-Pilias, Au-Reliad, and Cu-Sanatoi, soaring to four sides, humming as their tips glowed with grave power of demolition, aiming all at Solo’s bolt-holding frame.

 

  First Memory…The Last thing they remembered before coming to this World anew

 

  So not all of them have forgotten, certainly, some lucky ones have their unspliced reminiscence remaining…!

 

  Caerlia…What have you remembered…?!

  For what Caerlia sees, what the Lansara Suprima reminiscences, were of the barren lands, of a dark putrefied wreak, of two souls in departure, 

 

  one in light, one in dark, 

 

  grasping hands reaching out, to hold one another, 

 

  but in vain—

………

  While Caerlia the Starbreaker Lance Queen was engaging in a grand battle of sheer intensity and tantamount gravity, her two Star lance rifles on the other side of the capital were having a rather easier time than their master at the moment, parrying moves and striking the two active Emissaries of Herunis Carna with their proliferating bolts that shattered towers and evaporated buildings.

 

  All of Yuka’s defense units were deemed useless upon the all-blocking, unstoppable sentient lance rifles with speed as lightning and strength of dashing starships.

  And there are two of them weapons at once.

 

  “ Yun!! Escort Yuri and our base as far as you can!!” Yuka shouted command as her last set of cannons were pulverized by a flurry of expanding light spears from the dashing rifles above.

  “ We must separate the two rifles, or we’ll get cooked!”

 

  Without wasting any second more, Yun engulfed the whole floating headquarters into her all-repelling incantations of fog as she sailed the levitating lodging away across the city skylines, along with the wind, gliding over boulevards and the heads of dumbstruck Starbreakers.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6e536154593066387536565f48513d3d2d313331303333333235372e313733656139353563613335653137663539323730383135393636302e6a7067

(Above: The grey one is Ti-Tanaro, and the blue one is Pt-Retura. For referance.)

  Both lance rifles, Ti-Tanaro and Pt-Retura, redirected their trajectories and sped forth in a frenzied chase after Yun and Yuri when suddenly, a chain of sharp needle-shaped blades shot out from below and curled all over Ti-Tanaro, separating it with its sister rifle as the Starbreaker chains yanked the sentient weapon back from hot pursuit.

 

  “ Gatcha!!!” Yuka cheered with utmost excitement as if she had caught an ultra-rare character in a gatcha game.

  “ Now you are mine! I will build an army of sentient flying rifles out of you—wait wait wait!! WAIT!!!!!”

 

  But little did Yuka know of the force of the elite weapon infused with the strongest of Runes by the Starbreaker champion herself, which is able to unroot even the largest centipede Demons twice the length of a Betelgeuse class Airship with its sheer physical force, not mentioning the devastating energy damage it possesses.

  And with Yuka attached, the Starbreaker lance rifle dashed off at regular speed toward its target, slamming poor Yuka across walls of glass, cement, metal, and edifices large and small.

  Yet all Starbreaker armors are designed to help their bearers to withstand crashes even from higher than the atmosphere from perishing, so even though the pain may not be fully alleviated, Yuka’s life was far from diminished, which one may consider lucky.

 

  “ No, this is not lucky! This is dumb!” Yuka quickly shot out from her other arm another needle-blade chain which miraculously broke through a window of a skyscraper and circled around the innermost pillar of firm cement, stopping Ti-Tanaro to an abrupt halt that nearly broke both Yuka’s arms.

 

  “ Damn it…! Should have thought of that…” Yuka whined, persevering through the torture of her ripping biceps as she forced all her strength to pull, to heave the star rifle back, which fought against Yuka’s grip with a stubborn will so strong and unbreakable that Yuka felt her bones might shatter first.

  But on the contrary, it was not her humerus that broke first, but the central pillar of the tall building that her other chain so coiled, fracturing at the next second into pieces and pebbles as the whole skyscraper teetered by the ripping force, before slamming down onto the building to the side, and the building to it’s right, and the next, and the next, all into a devastating avalanche that shook the whole capital in ways that could have flipped the steel platter-shaped city one-eighty already if it were not the Skylord’s safe industrial designs.

  Still, it was undoubtedly a massive disaster never-before-seen on the surface of proud Skyworld.

 

  “ Sorry~~~” Yuka wailed as the unrelenting Ti-Tanaro sped on toward its target, pulling the unfortunate Starbreaker along its tumultuous trail.

 

  

………

  Caesar Skylord’s gaze panned across the tilted, fractured skylines, positioning his marvelous stature in the air above all, stopping his focus on the faint but gradual glow of blessed blue light shimmering afar, darting behind towers and buildings in the sky within the fog of Starbreaker-runed veil.

 

  “ There she is…” The Skylord smiled with satisfaction, raising his palm as the city, the whole of Skyworld, answered his silent command, humming in activation as the rim of the grand capital lit up with grave ornate runes of power, beaming with light as the city, the magnificence of the heavens began to drain the Powers, the Memories of the Herunis Carna into the Skylord’s grasp.

 

  Disc blades of sky pods flew in from all directions the moment Caesar began to converse and imbibe the Blessed essence, only to meet with an overpowering aegis that shattered the Beyblades with but one stare of the Skylord.

 

  “ Futile, Emissary!” Caesar Skyman exclaimed, hovering higher like his feet were stepping sheer air like ascending a ladder.

  “ I have prepared for this day, this fine moment for the entirety of my struggles. It is destiny, it is fate! None of you could stop my gravity! My Resolve!”

 

  Despite the lord’s vigorous hollers of victory that is yet to come, Yuno fired and tossed as many sky pods and beams at the Skylord, only to be deflected one after the other by the omniscient presence of the liege of Light drifting affably above all. 

  Snidely accepting all the lasers and strikes upon him, Caesar Skyman waited cheerily for Yuno to exhaust her every move. No Starbreaker existing is able to halt his pursuit now.

 

  For he is the one dominant.

 

  The one, with all the Light and Memories of the World by his side—!

  And with a deafening great shout, Caesar Skyman emitted a supernova of sheer strength, parrying all skypods, beams, and droids upon him, rebounding all curbing matters thousands of miles away, like a newborn sun was he, liege of Sky, shafting lasers and shooting stars at his disposal. 

 

  Zigzagging with outstanding agility, Yuno dashed and darted across the burning castle grounds, leaping onto a larger oval sky pod of her conjuring before leaping to the next, and higher and higher, in floating droids and disk pods Yuno evaded to the skies just miles below Caesar’s levitated self, not a single strike of the Skylord touching her armor. 

 

  No wonder she is an Emissary of the Herunis Carna! Caesar’s sneer widened as again, he pointed his finger down onto Yuno's nearing presence, as the tip gathered light and sound, blaze and humming, before erupting a jet stream of extreme force, extending and penetrating downwards through even the basis of capital itself, tilting his grand city with that one blow that directly struck upon Yuno's tiny frame. 

 

  “ I pity thee, young Emissary pledged yet Misguided!”

  Caesar Skyman hollered, caressing his smoking hot finger of emission gleefully. 

  “ We could have joined forces together, for a greater cause, for a brighter future! For all of us… For Salvation…What did you get from all this?! What did you achieve aside from this insignificant end?!”

  “ Your head on a platter, perhaps?”

  Caesar Skyman didn't even have time to utter a cry of shock at the silky voice hissed right behind his nape, where a sharp disc blade pod was already pressuring down upon his excellent flesh. 

 

  “ How did you…?!?! You Think!!!!!!”

 

  The Skylord slapped the air out of haste, out of wrath and emotional outburst, seeking to smite a pest in his view, raising a welling wave of fierce light and a burning sea of star fire that swept through the heavens behind him. But his eyes sure did see, sure sis witness at the last second, the silhouette of the Emissary Starbreaker, vanishing into thin air from the waist up before his horrifying waves of doom could catch her.

  As if entering a hole, a portal to the unknown, Yuno disappeared, right before Caesar Skyman’s wide furious eyes.

  Gnashing his teeth, Caesar spun back and forth in frenzied search.

  “ Impossible—! How can this be? My Powers of Light and Memory—”

 

  “ —Are what made you blind, Caesar Skyman!”

 

  And there was a flash, a flash that the lord of Sky never would expect nor anticipate to emerge out right in from of his eyes. Not ambush, no surprise, but a straight-up attack, coming out from a ripping fissure breaking out from the thin air right before his disbelieving eyes. And the portal in the air widened and out came a wave, the very same wave of light and fire that burst out from within the pale orifice, blasting his royal presence and sending Caesar Skyman down full speed, crashing back into his torn exposed throne room.

  An explosion of smoke and dust, and soon after, all went silent.

  The only thing Yuno could hear, was her own panting underneath her Starbreaker visor.

………

  Both elite ones, clashed between lightning and scourge, felt the abrupt silence after the hollow blow from the center of the palace few miles away.

 

  Hallowing was the silence, not just of sound, but also of power, and energy.

 

  “ Can it be…!” a smile nearly formed upon Caerlia’s lips.

 

  While Solo, pushing the striking Astra against him, listened to the silence quietly. 

 

  It was but calm.

  The calm before the Storm.

  

………

“ Father—!” Rushing out of the secret path just in time, Princess Sora stopped, her wide frantic eyes riveted at the tremendous scene ensuing three layers above, where the lord of Sky had fallen, in a ball of ashen midst and smog.

  Struck speechless by the battle in the sky he had witnessed a fragment of, awed of such drastic deviations in power levels, Rio could but stare, mouth wide and agape at the Skylord’s fall, wishing that all the conflicts could be resolved. 

  With the Skylord gone, He will be the only person Princess Sora would look upon!

 

    Yet, Rio’s daydreaming was unexpectedly cut short by the sudden vengeful holler from behind, that belonged to none other than Neo, his strict, raging brother.

 

  “ RIOOOO!!!!!!”

 

  Rio winced as the face of Neo shook him to the core. Such a face, of wrath, of hatred, of despair.

 

  “ What are you doing here?! Where is the Sky Princess?! Have you got her?!” Neo roared, three questions at once.

 

  “ Chill, Neo! Sora’s there!” Lucky pointed yonder and sure, indeed, the princess was there, a few steps ahead. But something seemed off. The young Princess’s gaze seemed to trace far, her conscious acres away from them children, but on to her father, onto where the Skylord has descended.

 

  “ Sora! Princess Sora!” Lucky shouted urgently.

“ Sora, Neliya needs your help! Please, Sora…?!”

 

  Irritated Neo was by the sudden aloofness the Sky Princess displayed of failed hospitality and stormed forth, carrying poor stressed Neliya in his arms as he neared.

 

  “ Sora! Why did you not hear?! What is your deal? Are you—?!”

 

  “ Neo, wait!!!” Lima rushed forth before Neo could make one more step further towards the Princess’s presence, which upon closer inspection, was glowing in transparency as if an invisible shroud was enveloping her highness.

 

  “ What the…?! What is happening to Her?!” Rio rushed forth rashly but was pulled back at the back of his shirt by Lima in haste.

 

  “ Something’s not right…” Lima eyed with all her focus upon the Sky Princess’s unnatural features, trying hard to understand from what beheld her perplexed eyes.

 

  Eyes wide and blank, thin arms slowly rising and spreading to both sides as the transparent glow slowly gained color of all matters, colors that ever did exist and never could be discerned shimmered all over her presence, as Sora began to ascend, and levitate in front of the shocked children’s eyes.

 

  “ SORA!” Rio fought fiercely to break free from Lima’s grasp, only for her to grab even tighter, in fear that Princess Sora was, 

 

  no longer the Princess Sora Rio knew and trusted.

 

  “ But Neliya…!!!” Neo uttered in anguish and despair at the sight of the only person that could save his love flying off to god knows where.

“ Rio…! You said Princess Sora could be trusted! What is happening right now?!?!?!”

 

  “ I don’t know! Let me go!!!” Rio cursed aloud, but Lima wouldn’t let go.

  “ Lima!!! Unhand me this instance!!!!!”

 

  “ She…She is not Sora…!” Lima managed to utter after Rio’s unstoppable struggles, in a voice shaking with fear, but trying to remain brave and calm.

  “ She…She has all the Light inside of her…!”

 

  “ What are you talking about, Lima?! Let Rio go and get Sora back!!” Neo demanded as Rio nodded vehemently in agreement.

 

  But Lima refused still.

 

  “ Can’t you see…all that Light she has in her…?!” Lima’s voice rose as she tried to explain, to the others, and to herself.

  “ Those are the Lights…from all the Light Souls the Starbreakers had collected from the People under Slylord’s rule…! She is not just Sora now…She is Everything…Everyone…She Is The Skyworld—!!!!!”

………

  Only when the debris and smoke slowly part did Yuno clearly see the humongous swirling sphere of blazing lights floating out from yonder, approaching where the Skylord crashed.

 

  Yuno’s nerves tinged as her muscles tensed at the sight of all that blinding shimmer ominously glowing from miles below. It has finally appeared.

  Caesar Skyman’s true colors, the amalgamation of all the Light at his disposal, gathered in one vessel, one humanoid representative of his greatest creation—

 

  —Sora Skyworld.

  Before Yuno could transport herself down to the palace quarters to smite the princess, 

 

  her ears were filled with the familiar piercing cackle, 

  Of Caesar Skyman himself.

  “ I CAN FEEL IT ! ! !”

  The triumphant laugh echoed throughout the heavens as the broad immaculate physique of Caesar Skylord emerged out of ash and dust, his vibrant sinew body rising magically without effort as if wires are attached to his torso, looming up to the air with grace and menace. The open wounds and scorched scars upon him healed with specs of Light as his sneer broadened more and more.

 Accompanying him was his daughter Sora, who now floated right beside him, eyes pale and abright, senses deprived.

 

  “ I Can Feel your Fear, your desperation! I see you, I see You All…! And I will have it All—!!!!!!”

 

  With a grand howl of power and valor, Caesar Skylord’s exploded with Light, like storm, like The End, bursting with his all and might as a pillar of blaze and shine towered at where he stood afloat above all, reaching the heavens. 

    In both hands, of light, and Memory, the Souls of those he collected and stored in his ultimate vessel Sora Skyworld, Caesar inflamed them and fueled his wrath, imbuing himself with energies surpassing any form or entity on the face of the current Earth.

 

  Yuno, halted in the skies, her ultramarine silhouette perched in front of her portal of sheer pale light, looking down at this insane lord that bears nothing but ill will, frowning as she planned quickly for a way to prevail, or at least to withstand what kind of unsavory force the Skylord is about to produce.

 

  Taking a deep breath, Yuno made one last glance back at her two sisters, engaged in fierce battle far behind in the skies before turning back to face her own task, drawing out twin circular weapons of Light the shape of hollow rings, blades spinning like chainsaws at the exterior rim. 

 

  For the Herunis Carna, for Yuri…!

  For Mother…! 

  “ I shall leave nothing behind,” Yuno whispered, as if in prayer.

 

  “ Caesar Skyman, You must die, here, 

  Now!”

  Sneering with wide arms, Caesar Skyman accepted her challenge.

  “ I mean it when I say I have seen it all!”  Caesar exclaimed gleefully.

  To his right, he could see the tower that belonged to Caerlia had fallen and both she and His trusted General ‘Solo’ had been battling since the start of noon. Excellent, Caesar mused, for Caerlia has become more and more a threat than a simple pawn he used to harness. Solo shall do the honors and deal with the thorn that is Caerlia.

  To his left, right under his left foot, were the desperate children Castiel Bradson had hidden from him that had managed to sneak into his abode. How foolish and naive they are. Not me, but their own fear and discourse will bring upon their doom.

  

  And far away at the center above his crafted capital, the warm gentle lights of the Herunis Carna bloomed before him. There you are…Yuri. Dwelling still in a sweet dream.

  Soon, I shall be a part of your reminiscence. 

  Soon, I shall read thy Memories, and gain hold of thy Grand Miracles—

 

  —After I defeat this Annoyance!!!!!!

 

  Caesar Skyman then focused his powerful gaze, his main sight tracing the growing shape of Yuno’s dashing combat stance. And as soon as his eyes discerned, Caesar understood. 

  His Powers over Memory have granted him unfathomable amounts of Insight.

  I see there is flow around thee, Emissary, Caesar thought as if he was taunting Yuno in person. A force that holds and guides. You do not possess the powers to actually control my weapons. You simply harness that force to your bidding to grab hold of my creations! This means—without any objects close by, your powers of flow are nothing but a sham!

  That is why Caesar had shouted, emitting enough force to sweep away anything that Yuno could possibly use against him. Not a droid, sky pod, or flying saucer in sight.

 

  But that is not all.

 

  “ It seems that you are approaching me.” Caesar Skylord finally spake aloud as the tip of Yuno’s hooped Light blades reached just inches away from his nose.

 “ But I have already with mercy and benefaction told you that I see you all. I see even the things that you are unable to fathom!!!!”

 

  And with his bare hands jutting out at the last second, Caesar Skyman grabbed hold of Yuno’s ringed blade with his full grasp, stopping the weapon just a millimeter away from his skin.

  But Yuno didn’t stop there, but accelerated her whole body, spinning like a top while the ringed blade in Caesar’s arms as her axis. And she kicked. Her leg traced horizontally right through The Skylord’s neck, and when Yuno finally stopped, 

 

  Caesar Skyman saw that underneath the sole of Yuno’s foot, 

 

  was also a ringed blade of Light.

 

  A searing warmth throbbed at the root of Caesar’s neck.

  “ Sorry to interrupt, but you were saying?” Yuno asked placidly, knowing that a second later the Skylord’s head will drop, and as soon as his head leave his throat, Yuno will strike again, destroying his brain utterly and thus ceasing any possibilities of healing for the utter man.

 

  It was finished.

 

  A checkmate.

 

  “ You have gone for the head…” Caesar Skyman appraised as his gaze teetered backward, his head rolling off to his rear.

  “ Good…good…”

 

  “ …Because That is what I have seen, through your amateur moves!!!!!!”

 

  Yuno spun around in sheer shock, face to face with what seemed to her disbelief, a Second Caesar Skyman, levitating right behind her and with a punch of a speeding hand chop, the Skylord aimed at the middle of Yuno’s chest.

 

  Had Yuno evaded one second too late, the hand chop would have penetrated her Light Heart.

 

  It instead shattered the left side of her chest, breaking six of her ribs and pulverizing almost half of Yuno’s lungs.

 

  The first decapitated Caesar Skyman evaporated into Stardust and Light Memory as it all swam and joined the second coming of the omnipotent Skylord, posing menacingly, with parts of Yuno’s lungs still stained between his yellowish bloody fingers.

 

  Tumbling out of the other side of a light portal conjured at the last moment of imminent doom, Yuno coughed out blood, gasping for air as she perched at the shining rim, trying to regain her stance but in vain.

 

  It was too detrimental a blow that her carelessness had thus caused.

 

  “ Now that you have the moment to stop and listen, I will thus tell you now.” Caesar Skyman spoke, with triumph and epicness.

  “ I could have destroyed you here and now, but I gave you a reprieve. I gave you time to gasp your last breath because I know that I HAVE ALREADY WON!!!!”

 

  Yuno, unable to speak albeit the pain, could but listen as Caesar Skyman raised his one hand, showing his palm to Yuno’s glaring stare that widened with terror and shock the moment she saw the sigil blazing upon the Skylord’s palm.

 

  “ Yes, indeed.” Caesar Skyman chuckled snidely, turning his palm back to himself to marvel at the round elaborate rune, shaped as a disc with stars and milky ways drawn ornately upon the elliptical surface.

 

  It was that rune, that one mysterious drawing, 

 

  that had appeared on a sheet of documents on Bradson Captain’s desk,

 

  within one of the pages of Sensei’s Book of magnificence,

 

  The one Mark that stands for all that Yuno and Caesar, and all that Light souls that seek truth and Salvation—

  “ The Rune of the Herunis Carna—Is In My Grasp—!!!!!”

  “ You…!!!!” Yuno sputtered, rage empowering her to speak.

 

  “ I, have already linked with Yuri, with the Herunis Carna, right before you even raised your blade!”

Caesar Skyman laughed tremendously, turning to his sweet daughter Sora drifting on the third floor of his palace alone in a deep trance.

  “ My goal was never to defeat you. I seek only one thing in this strife, and that Goal is accomplished! I have the Herunis Carna!!! I have the Power of Miracles on My Side!!!!!

  All I have to do now—Is make Yuri remember its whereabouts, and Fulfill My Promise—!!!!! So Long, Failing World! I come to you Now Cl—”

  And before Caesar Skyman could finish his last uttering word, the Skylord stopped short in such abruption, as if a switch was flipped in his head.

 

  There, the ruler of Sky floated, his corporal self drifting freely, while his Sentient Mind was afar, 

 

  Far far, 

 

  beyond dimensions and perception’s reach.

    

………

……………

.

.

.

  “ ……Y…..Yu…Yu…ri…”

  Caesar Skyman’s eyes lit up the moment the familiar voice whispered near his presence.

 

  He saw nothing at first, not even himself, his human flesh now but a culmination of Light flakes, residing in a room that slowly emerged out of the vast white, a chamber clearly contoured, fashioned with devices and screens attached to monitors and computer engines laid upon wires across the narrow parameter.

  A desk shrouded with papers, documents, and papyrus filled with algorithms and equations written upon them, stood at the very center. And slumped grumpily upon that mess of a writing stand, 

  Was Yuri.

  Young, infant, Yuri.

  If he could weep, Caesar would have drowned in his own tears. He had succeeded. He had traversed into the Zone of Memory, Through the Stream of the Herunis Carna, into the age before Starbreakers, before even the School was built, Before…Everything.

 

  This is where everything started.

 

  This was where Yuri was…

 

  …with her Mother…! 

  His Benefactor…! 

 

  Darting his gaze left to right, Caesar tried to look for his Mentor, the woman that started it all, The mother of the Child that bore her Secrets to save teh World—

 

  —The Creator of the Herunis Carna! 

 

  Where are you—Teacher? My Sensei?!

  “ Yuri, what’s the matter?”

  Caesar panned vigorously his gaze to where he thought the woman’s voice came from, only to see a vague form enveloped in light entering the room, joining the young infant sitting at the desk.

  “ I want to go outside.” the younger version of Yuri whined in dismay, arms crossed before her chest.

  “ I don’t like it here. It’s cold…”

 

  “ This is our home.” 

  The woman gently replied, her voice like warm nectar to the ears.

  “ But soon, one day we will build a new one. We will build a beautiful new home, that is warm, full of sunlight…”

 

  “ Will Papa be there too?” 

 

  Yuri’s voice cut the woman short.

 

  Caesar found himself eager to listen more than he himself expected.

  “ Your father is always with us, Yuri.” The Woman finally sat down, caressing her daughter close in her loving embrace of light and warmth.

 

  “ Do you want to hear a story?”

  Caesar, in astral form, jolted as he felt his stardust insides swirling faster in anticipation.

  “ What Story?” Yuri asked curiously.

 

  “ A Story about the Stars.” Her mother answered tenderly.

“ About the Mother of All Stars.”

 

  “ Tell me tell me!” Yuri bobbed her head cheerfully.

 

  Yes…Caesar panted in his thoughts. This is what he is here for, this is what it’s all about—The Secret to the Herunis Carna—!

  The story of the mother of Star must depict the Core of Light, the center of the Power that Yuri’s mother so created! Finally…It is here…!!!!

  “ Once in a forgotten time, among Stardusts and Galaxies, 

 

  There was ZeOrudea. She was the Mother of All Stars,

 

  And All stars have their color.

  The mother, the inventor, the mentor began to recite the tale, the secrets behind it all.

 

  And Caesar Skyman listened with the young child and with his all.

  “ ZeOrudea loved her children, 

 

   and they loved her back, and the Colors from every part of their Mother.

 

  So Once, every alignment night, 

 

  the Stars would blaze and shine, 

 

  with pride and divine, 

 

  and then, they would give birth to their own Stars.

  Wondering where this tale was leading to, Caesar Skyman couldn’t help but started to doubt if this was the secret he was seeking all this time.

  Is it just a fairy tale…??

  No, This ZeOrudea…I have heard it somewhere before…It meant something…If only I have my notes with me—

  “ Get out.”

  Nani?

 

  Caesar Skyman looked up in surprise at the mother and daughter before him, who were both absorbed in their joyful storytelling.

 

  Who could possibly allege such a rude remark all of a sudden? Out of the blue?

  “ I said, Get Out.”

  The voice was adamant and apparently angered. But…certainly not onto me, Caesar denied. Must be someone existing in this Memory. I am but a watcher, watching a very important Memory taking place that marks the whereabouts of the Herunis Carna! Nothing could possibly stop me—

  And then and there, Caesar felt his arm dragged back by force, by a tightening grip that held him like vice.

 

  Caesar Skyman looked back. 

  His once sparkling, stardust-like form, now had an arm. And clinging to that new arm of his, 

  Was Yuri.

  The Yuri.

  The bearer of the Memory herself,

  now face to face with the seeker of her secrets, her extinguished antagonist—

 

  

  Caesar Skyman.

  “ Ahh,” Caesar chuckled, with much contempt, his corporal flesh regaining form as his eyes met with the glaring blue eye of Yuri that shone bravely with flashing starlight. 

 

  “ Hello.”

  “ Get out…of my Memory…Skylord!!!!!” Yuri demanded, pulling harder at the grown man’s arm, who stood firmly like a rock even amongst the Memory plane.

  

  The room started to shatter and dissolve, and the Memory of the mother and child slowly dissipated into shards like broken glass, revealing the grand scale beyond,

 

  the tremendous stream of pure gold and white sparkles dazzling in the grand void.

  They were standing, right above the river of Light,

  the trail, of the Herunis Carna.

  “ I have earned my entrance here.” Caesar Skyman’s broad affable frame refused to budge before Yuri’s struggle.

  “ And I presume not even you understand of the Gravity of your past, The Grandness of your Mother’s work! Step Aside, and let the wise grownups do their business.”

 

  And Caesar swung his arm back, motioning further towards the stream of Light.

 

  “ Wait!” Yuri, with a loud vehement cry, clinged onto the Skylord’s arm still.

“ You are in My Memory, and you are taking what is Mine, and mine alone! I not only deserve an explanation…I also have the Right to Fight Back!!!”

 

  And from Yuri’s other hand, her Starbreaker armor rose up from beneath, enveloping her as her old Sword rifle burst out upon Yuri’s summoning upon Memory, as she swung the blade down upon the disrespectful Lord, who with his uncaptured arm, parried the blow with a violent elbow strike.

  Still not letting go, Yuri swung and slashed at Caesar as many times as the Skylord blocked and defended the blows, either side ever to compromise.

 

  “ Upon second thought, you speak reason, Yuri.” Caesar Skyman spoke effortlessly as his one arm parried the Starbreaker weapon again and again flawlessly.

  “ I see that you are in pain, even in this realm. You are inflicted with a handicap…You are infected by a demon…no, Demons. So it seems, that you will never have the power to harness the Herunis Carna. I pity thee, child.”

 

  And with that said, Caesar Skyman grabbed hold of Yuri’s sword, stopping her perpetual slashes, and locked with the angered Starbreaker girl at an intense unrelenting standstill.

  Thus spake Caesar Skyman, with grand resolve and glory—

  “ To show mercy upon a child of my former Mentor, to show you that I HAVE ALREADY WON, I shall share my perspective and motive with thee. Listen well, Yuri, child of My Benefactor—Child of Hoshino Sensei, 

  I need the Herunis Carna, to seek back my Claudia… 

 …My Love.”

[......to be continued………]

0