Chapter 009
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Peter was baffled by what the Green Goblin had just revealed. The environment turned up by a few degrees and Peter couldn't help but open his mouth to ask the raging questions in his mind.

"What- How would you-"

"I realized that clones are unviable. I prepared an organic body, made using your DNA, and that of a mutant with limitless potential, Rogue, or Anna Marie." the green goblin mouthed out, making it harder for Peter to listen.

"What are you even talking about?" Peter asked, totally taken back from his words.

"Yeah, well, let me explain to you better. That, my naïve old friend, is basically a clone that has your DNA running in its genes. The extra set of DNA proved vital to stabilize Miles Warren's cloning process. D'you know what the kicker is? All I had to do, to get your daughter captured, was dangling her new baby brother in front of her face, and she folded like a house of cards." Green Goblin said and let out a deep throaty laugh.

Peter's mouth remained shut as he took all of it in.

"Can't you see what I did with just this little trick? The odds are exactly as they were back then with poor innocent little Gwen!" He laughed heartily, which made Peter clench his fists.

A few seconds of intense silence passed between them before the green goblin started to talk again. The whole time, his scary yellow eyes were focused on everyone including Peter's daughter, Peter, and the little environment they were on.

"Might as well move on to the encore, seeing as there's no quippy little comeback from you this time, you can work right now to save your daughter, which would mean that I'd possess an innocent child's body, using Ol' Otto's ingenious little invention. Or you can save your son, which would also mean that your daughter's life would no longer have any purpose, either way, I get to take one member of your family from you again! First Gwen, then your precious Wife, and now either of your children! HaHaHaha!" Green Goblin said and shrugged as if it was no big deal.

Spider-Girl nudged closer to Peter by a few inches, and whispered, "Dad! Trust me and go for the boy. I know what you're thinking dad, and trust me, it is the right thing to do. If you selected me and you saved my life today, I wouldn't feel any better than I'd have been if you selected… my brother. I will find a way out of this," her voice was almost inaudible, but Peter figured out what she was saying.

Peter reluctantly walked away to save his—child. He couldn't believe that he was in this position, and saving a kid that he just got to know was his.

'This has got to be the worst kind of prank to ever fucking exist' he thought as he started to walk away from what was happening.

"You do know Norman, nothing will come between me and you after this. And this time, I will not hesitate in taking your life. Your days are numbered." Peter threatened as he stared through the bug lenses of his mask, at his greatest foe.

He knew after he gave the word, that it was too late for him to change anything or save his daughter.

"Oh, I am counting on it." Norman chuckled "Now, scram! I have your daughter to kill. You may want to watch this though, it's going to be a rush of nostalgia for you!"

Right when he started walking away, the green goblin let out an evil laugh. Loud and sorrowful.

"You made your decision, Parker!" he said while pressing the button which was basically connected to what May was hanging on.

With the shock collar attached to her, she fell off the bridge and kept falling and falling down into the water.

Peter looked back to see his daughter falling. Flashbacks hit him like sharp knives stabbed into his gut. It looked just like how Gwen had fallen off so many years ago.

'This is not the end. I trust her. She's Spider-Girl. She will be alright!' Peter chanted, as he forced his almost lead-like feet to move away from the horrifyingly familiar scene behind him.

Peter kept looking at how she hit the water, and his eyes wandered around the spot she drowned in—his heart throbbed. There was no sign of her coming out of it.

Just as the entire scenario happened in front of his face, the Norman clone at the bridge melted, showing the volatile nature of clones. They melt when the time expires—and just like that, the monster was gone out of Peter's sight too.

With one last glance at the calm waters below, in which he'd seen the figure of his daughter fall, Spider-Man rushed in the direction of the lab where he knew Norman was holding his son.

-

[In the lab]

Peter walked inside the lab furiously. Rage of sadness and stress covered his mind, and he threw whatever obstacle was on his way to get inside the lab.

Inside, there was no one other than the old and frail figure of Norman Osborn working tediously, as he adjusted the readings of the gauge on the mechanism in which the body of the almost childlike son of Peter Parker was kept. The tube in which he was held, was labelled Spider 17, and behind him was a line of other tubes, some broken, some still filled with green goo. Each of them held what Peter could discern were dead embryos in various stages of incubation. One of which was an almost lifelike human body, that showed no signs of life.

"What you did… Norman, you better know that I will kill you for this" Peter's voice echoed through the lab and the old Norman Osborn laughed hysterically.

Peter saved no time as he moved himself to the front to fight the man who made things hell for him all this time.

He swung in Norman's lab, hitting his webs to places so that he could reach the old man and give him what he deserves. With every swing he came across, Norman had activated traps.

*Boom!" A loud noise erupted, and Spider-Man's spidey sense blared to life, yet he wasn't quick enough to react as he went crashing into the large glass doors of the cupboard that stood straight in the lab.

*cough! cough!*

It was a gas bomb. If he hadn't known any better, the gas that erupted might have blinded his vision.

With almost no noise Peter landed on the ground with his hands on the floor and his legs extended from the landing.

He walked further inside the lab to reach for where all the noise was coming from. It was finally he saw how Norman Osborn was hurriedly working his way to activate the clone.

The clone was genetically the son of Peter Parker, but for how quickly Norman was working, it seemed that he hadn't expected him to arrive so quickly.

"I am not letting this happen!" Peter yelled across the lab, With two swift movements, he was right behind the doctor, and his Spidey sense blared alive again, and he narrowly dodged another trap that tried to zap him.

Another blare from the Spidey sense, and Peter was on the roof, as he was too late to dodge the strike from the traps that Norman had set around him,

*Swooooooooosh* The doors of the two chambers that connected the bodies of Norman and his son closed.

With the loud noise, getting angry with every passing second, Norman successfully activated the possession transference.

"Stop it!" Peter said, and yet only a creepy loud laugh echoed in the entire lab.

"Stay still, just a little longer old boy, I will kill you using your son's own two hands!" Norman taunted him from behind the glass tube.

Spider-Man tried punching the glass walls of either tube, yet they wouldn't budge even after the massive amounts of Force he used to try and break them.

"Do you take me for a fool, Peter?" Norman chuckled, as the wires attached to his body. Spider-Man could see his son convulsing in the other chamber. "I know your limits from back when we were young, no matter how much you try, that glass is not breaking!"

Giving up on using brute force, Peter moved to the computers and started entering things into the massive board of keys. Sweat started forming on his forehead, as he still kept going on while clicking everything possible.

"You're forgetting Norman, between you and me, I was the smarter one," Peter commented as his fingers typed at break-neck speed, as he tried to break the Kernel code in the computer's operating system. "Surfing the web, is kind of my thing."

That was right at that instant when he saw the red light which possibly could be a way to stop the entire body possessing process.

Without thinking, he clicked it and the entire engine came to halt.

-

Peter didn't know what happened, but things had already taken quite a turn even before he arrived.

Cosmic forces had decided to meddle in even this chapter of his life. Forces so powerful decided to imbue the body of Peter's son with a consciousness not of the very multiverse, in an effort to thwart the imminent destruction of the multiverse itself.

"I-Is he dead?!" Peter yelled while his son was unresponsive in his arms.

"Hahahha! Hahahaha!" the laugh of an annoying bastard came from behind Peter.

"You killed your son… and your daughter! Just as I promised," Norman's voice came out weekly. Evidently having his soul nearly ripped out for transfer put a lot of strain on his already dying body. "I killed your wife, your daughter, and now you killed your son! I won, I avenged my ….. my son!"

Those were the last words that came out of Norman Osborne's mouth, as his soul finally gave out.

Peter's heart clenched yet again, as Norman's words kept repeating in his mind. He was alone, all over again.

Yet, miracles shined even on the tortured Spider, as the body in Peter's arms started shaking, and signs of life returned to it.

The body that was in his hands, as he was on his knees started to shake slightly. Peter felt the heavy feeling slowly going away. Peter stood up and let the kid put his entire body on the table that was behind him.

-

His head was throbbing as if it was ready to blast into millions of pieces.

He finally gathered a little ounce of energy to open his eyes. He squinted his eyes to adjust the lights in the room.

He couldn't say anything as he saw the entire room–the lab was a mess. The lights were dangling and there were electric cables everywhere. A part of the lab reeked out of the smoke, and the other part was filled with test tubes and other scientific things, and green goo.

Finally, his eyes focused on the man whose eyes were also focused on him. As soon as he saw his eyes, the little guy's focus shifted to the suit that the man was wearing.

As his eyes fell on the symbol on the chest of the man in front of him, memories poured forth in his brain, as he clutched it tightly in an effort to retain consciousness.

'Owww!' he hissed in pain as he tried to stand up.

2