9.3 – Familiarity
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once again, words that only Wyliame himself could see began appearing in front of him.

 

<A god-bearer has been discovered!>

<><><><><><>

[Thosthar, the God of Dragons]

+

[Onas Elvaris, the Last Draconic Warrior]

<><><><><><>

 

Onas walked over to the bed and took a seat. “So? Why don’t you tell me who you’ve contracted to, boy? And don’t try to lie to me. I already know that you’re a god-bearer. That’s why I poisoned your food. It was to see whether or not you’d notice,” 

Mya’s eyes became wide and her mouth drooped open. “Y-you really tried to poison Wyliame?!”

“Don’t worry, I would’ve stopped him if he were to actually eat it. I was just confirming whether or not he was really a god-bearer.

Yris, what should I do? Wyliame asked. Should I tell him?

<”He already knows that you’re a god-bearer. Just do as he says.”>

Wyliame took a deep breath, looking at Onas. “I’ve contracted to Yris, the goddess of darkness and destruction.”

Hearing that, Onas’s face lit up with a hefty smile. “Wow! You’re pretty talented, boy! I’ve never ever seen a child contract with a god before…”

“So…” Wyliame continued. “You’re not gonna kill me…?”

Onas tilted his head in confusion, then exploded into laughter, thrashing his body all over Mya’s bed. “Hahahaha! What the hell? Why would I kill you? What do you take me for, boy?!”

Um… because you tried to poison me…? But I guess that’s beside the point…

“Well,” Onas continued with a heavier tone of voice. “It’s Thosthar who wants to kill you, not me. The god I’ve contracted to always wants me to kill all of the god-bearers that we come across, but ultimately, I’m the one in control here. You’ll be okay, I promise.”

Wyliame let out a sigh of relief. “Thank god…”

His body, which had been tense throughout the entire conversation, was then able to relax after understanding that Onas was not a threat. 

“Does Thosthar speak in your head too?” Wyliame asked. “Ever since I contracted with Yris, I’ve been hearing this annoying voice in my head all day long…”

<”Shut up, idiot.”> Yris voiced angrily.

“Yeah, I do,” Onas replied. “As a matter of fact, Thosthar’s talking to me right now.”

<”Kill him. Kill that god-bearer. Kill that boy. He’s weak. Kill him”> Thosthar mumbled from Onas’s head, although he was being completely ignored by Onas.

“Um…” Mya began. “How are you a god-bearer so young, Wyliame?”

The boy stayed silent. He couldn’t tell her that he was reincarnated from another world into a body that didn’t belong to him and that he just happened to meet a god-bearer that had a contract with the previous owner of his body.

“Anyways!” Onas announced loudly, noticing that Wyliame wasn’t comfortable with answering Mya’s question. “I’m just glad that you’re on our side, Wyliame. It’s always nice to have more brawn around the house!”

He then stood up from the bed and began walking out of the room. But, suddenly, Wyliame blurted out,

“Actually, can I ask you a few questions?”

Onas turned around in curiosity, shrugged, and jumped right back onto the bed with open ears. “What is it, boy?”

“What benefit do we humans get out of contracting with gods?”

<”Huh? You could’ve just asked me that yourself, Wyliame.”> Yris said.

I’d rather get that information from another human. You might be biased.

<”...”>

“Well…” Onas began, laying his head on the pillow. “It depends on whether or not you have a Fallen God or a Pure God. God-bearers who’ve contracted with Pure Gods can only borrow a god’s power to a certain extent, while god-bearers who’ve contracted with fallen gods can have their gods act upon the real world.”

“...act upon the real world…?”

“Yes. They take physical manifestations and use their divine powers to harm, change, or fix the world.”

That makes sense… Yris shattered an entire timeline and she has a physical form. 

“But fallen gods are called fallen gods for a reason.” Onas continued, staring at the ceiling. “They’re often malicious and make contracts with mortals for a reason, and more often than not, for bad ones.”

“Then what about you? Is Thosthar a fallen god?” Wyliame asked.

“He isn’t… although he sure acts like one. You’d think that a god with only murder on his mind would be a fallen god, but surprisingly, he’s never done anything bad. Yet.”

Suddenly, beside Wyliame, a purple aura began forming from thin air, collecting together to manifest into a humanoid shape. Yris was beginning to take her form.

“Y-Yris…?” Wyliame let out. “What’re you do-”

But before Wyliame could finish his sentence, she had fully transformed beside him.

”Hello, everybody,” Yris began, pulling the sides of her skirt upwards as she bowed.

“O-oh my god…” 

Mya stood up from her chair with glittering eyes and immediately ran over to the goddess’s side, clutching onto her arm.

”W-what’re you doing, you elf-”

“You’re so beautiful!”

Though she didn’t show it, Yris blushed slightly and let out a smile toward Mya. ”Oh, thank you…”

Onas chuckled, sitting upright from his bed. “Ah, so you’ve got a fallen god. What sins have you committed, Yris?”

The goddess glanced at Onas. ”I’m not a sinner-”

“She shattered an entire timeline for the sake of saving my life,” Wyliame blurted out.

Everybody in the room turned toward Wyliame. Mya had her mouth drooped open while Yris stared at Wyliame, stunned at what he just said. Onas simply stayed silent, anticipating the boy to continue explaining.

Wyliame took a deep breath. “Tomorrow, the Kingdom of Sapphire will declare war on us. Originally, Onas and I were supposed to go hunting, but then we met a few people named Rose, Jil, and Ryan on the way there. That was when the King of the Amber Kingdom declared that we were under attack by the Sapphire Kingdom.”

The boy paused to look around the room. Mya and Onas stared at him in disbelief.

“He’s telling the truth,” Yris nodded. “I destroyed a timeline to save his life. He’s from the future.”

“Rose, Jil, Ryan, and I were attacked by Zilnus the Immortal Giant,” Wyliame continued. “Chief Commander Rayder came by, but we still lost the battle, and eventually, I sacrificed myself to the Guerre Teleporter so that Zilnus could march all of the captured men toward the Sapphire Kingdom.”

The room became silent. Mya tugged on Yris’s arm with a heavier emphasis, while Wyliame stayed still, waiting for a response.

Eventually, Onas stood up from the bed and began walking toward the door. “Let’s go for a walk outside, Wyliame. I wanna discuss some things with you.”

1