Chapter 4
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter 4]

            As they came upon the thickening trees the air temperature plummeted. Otto could see Anders ahead of him on the path shivering lightly. He felt a tinge of guilt not ensuring his friend had a warmer coat, but then again Anders was the one who knew what they where doing. Otto was just better at preparing.

            In an attempt to break the odd silence between them Otto brought up conversation on Anders favorite topics. Women, hair, muscles and well he didn’t really know any more of Anders interests. In all their time as friends Anders has had a bit of a one-track mind, most of which Otto had very little in common with. Anders kept quiet, every once in awhile looking over his shoulder with a puzzled look. Almost shocked to see his friend just a few feet behind him.

            As the men come up to the first clearing Otto decides to trot up beside his friend. Suddenly Arrow seems startled and prances away a few feet with a shocked Anders on her back. “You two, okay?” Otto asks, confused as to what could have spooked the horse so. “Yes, what were you doing back there?” Anders replies, strong irritation in his voice and eyebrows wrinkled in anger. “What do you mean? We were on the path behind you. I tried to strike conversation but you seemed very determined to ignore me. If you’re so set on me coming along for whatever this scheme is, you should correct your manners.” Otto spouted back, equally annoyed at his friend’s odd behavior. Anders face turns from anger to confusion. “You weren’t there. I kept looking back to see where you had gone but you didn’t follow us in. I would have turned around to get you but the path was too tight for Arrow. And now you some how come popping out of the forest trying to scare us. What games are you playing? I asked you to join me so you can get out of that boring life of yours. Living in soot, banging away at metal, hoping some hunk of a man is going to come by and whisk you away.” Otto gasped in shock. Not knowing what part to dissect first. Anders couldn’t see him that entire time? He thinks his life is pathetic? He knows?! Before he could come up with a retort a loud bang could be heard echoing across the clearing. Atlas and Arrow take off with their riders holding on desperately toward the North. Anders and Otto don’t even have the opportunity to see what was happening. 

0