Chapter 7 & 8
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter 7]

            Cilla starts to prep the meat for dinner, she can hear her father banging away upstairs. He doesn’t sit still well and is probably fixing something that doesn’t need fixing. Magnus knows with the birds littering the streets no one will be occupied with coming to the shop today unless it is to ask Magnus’ opinion on the birds. He likes to not have opinions on such things, finding that when he shares his thoughts most people become upset with what he has to say. Cilla ponders to herself if the boys will be home for dinner. She often wondered how her mother seemed to have the perfect amount of delicious food for anyone who happened to drop by, especially Anders. Who much like her brother could eat non-stop. If Cilla didn’t make enough, she was often left hungry but too much and it would spoil. They weren’t poor but for sure were not waste food rich. Her mother would sometimes even bring their scraps to families she knew where struggling around town. Mother was somewhat of a socialite. She knew everyone and everything but not in a gossipy way. Never judged, just tried to help. Cilla thinks that’s why Anders was always at the house and friends with Otto. Mother couldn’t leave that cold boy outside to sleep in the barn like his family did. It upset Cilla how unaffected Anders seemed after the passing of mother. Otto was clearly trying to keep it together but still had emotions. Anders just acted like it was another day. Until then Cilla actually had a bit of a crush on the boy but could no longer be bothered with his personality. Before she’d often have dreams of his anatomy. Some of the books she read from Agnetha described shape size and even usage of a man’s body. It stirred something in Cilla she didn’t fully understand but often found herself looking at Anders bulge wondering if it looked like the pictures drawn along the edges of the text descriptions.

            She was day dreaming of the phallus belonging to different men she knew, running her hand along the meat she was preparing, not really paying mind to anything around her when Magnus startled her. “Oh! What? Why are you in here?” she accidently shouted at her father. Confused Magnus wrinkled his forehead in frustration for being questioned entering his own kitchen. “Oh, sorry father. My mind wandered.” Cilla said softly bowing her head low to try and hide how red in the face she had become. Magnus noticed the ruby on the edges of her ears and felt it best to ignore whatever had just happened. “How long until dinner will be ready? I have some errands I need to run if the shop is going to be closed.” Magnus asked to break the awkward tension in the room but already knew the answer. Dinner was at the same time every day, no point in truly questioning the timing. “I just have the meat to cook and the potatoes to scrub so it’ll come along soon. You have time.” Cilla answered, relieved her father ignored her embarrassment. “Okay, I will return. Do me a favor, don’t answer the door. Even if it’s for an order. Just keep to yourself and cook. Understood.” Magnus stood in the door way awaiting for some kind of acknowledgment of his instructions. “Umm… uh, okay? Why?” Cilla looked up at her father in confusion. He’s never told her to ignore a possible customer before, in fact he’s scolded her in the past for being too caught up in books to notice potential sales in the past. “I instructed you. That is enough explanation.” Magnus seemed annoyed at his daughter questioning him. “Okay, sorry.” Cilla lowered her head again, feeling sheepish for asking.

[Chapter 8]

            Knocking of the steel door in the shop sounded into the kitchen. Cilla took a step forward but remembered what her father said and ignored it; continuing to wash the potatoes. Suddenly there was knocking coming from the window above her. Cilla jumped and looked up. Ivor was staring back at her bothered. He waved some herbs wrapped in cloth at her and held up a loaf of Rye bread with the other hand. Cilla had forgotten she had demanded he come before dinner. Cilla opened the window and reached out for the items but Ivor pulled back. “Well?” He stared at her. “I haven’t seen Agnetha yet so I won’t have an answer for you but I’ll get it from her when I deliver the herbs.” Cilla said holding out her hands impatiently. “You better, it’s important.” Ivor instructed as he placed the items in her hands. Touching his fingers to hers in doing so and holding her gaze. Cilla shivered; Ivor seemed so odd in his attempts to flirt with her. But found her eyes wander down. Ivor stood to close to the building so she looked back up, pulled the items into the house. “Okay, thank you. I will let you know in the morning.” She attempted to close the window but Ivor put out his hand. “You’re not going now?” Cilla paused for a moment. “No. I have dinner to make and then I have to clean up. I go in the mornings to not be seen and I will continue to do so.” She pushed the window panes some more, slightly agitated on being questioned. “No. These have to be delivered tonight. If you’re not going to do this then give them back. You’re not the only wannabe witch around here you know?” Ivor was angry with Cillas refusal. Caught off guard Cilla agreed to go. Magnus was out running errands anyways. She could put the meat and potatoes on to cook, run over there and be back in time if she hurried. “Fine. But this better be the best Rye bread ever.” She said, again attempting to sound fierce but coming off as childish in her tone. Ivor laughed and his lips curled up at the corners. Cilla really didn’t know if she was comfortable with him. 

0