Chapter 1 Transmigration
244 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun sat in the west and gently shrouded the old and ruined tribe of the Silver Moon in the darkness, whose land was parched and cracked, the air dry, and the crops dead with little to no water in sight.

 

Farmers walked home with tiny baskets in their hands and hopeless expressions on their faces.

 

"This is no good."

 

"Nearly all of it is damaged."

 

"It's due to the continuous bad weather, I suppose."

 

They peeked into each other's baskets, carefully examining the shrivelled, discoloured vegetables.

 

"Seems like the harvest this year is practically nothing."

 

"Last year's harvest is almost finished."

 

"And we have a pregnant female in our family..."

 

The tribe usually had dinner together in the tribal chief's house, which was the large Minka thrashed hut at the centre of the tribe surrounded by several smaller, scattered huts.

 

Dinner was watery red soup with a single piece of potato and 3 corn kernels, a small piece of pickled carrot, and a loaf of Tortilla. 

 

What was surprising was that there was a piece of roasted meat the size of an adult’s fist with them!!!

 

Everybody in the tribe was pleasantly surprised and hurriedly started to eat their dinner. The hut was filled with a cheerful atmosphere.

 

Inevitably questions arose in their minds, but it was not as important as filling their empty bellies.

 

On another side of the wide hall, the atmosphere wasn't so cheerful.

 

"..ah."

 

"Noah."

 

“Noah? What's the matter with you? The chief is talking to you." There was a somewhat fuzzy sound of a charming voice by his ear. Toward the end, the voice was soft and mild. This woman kept calling Noah's name.

 

Someone gently pushed his shoulder. Noah felt as if his body was burning. It was a blazing pain as his numb limbs regained sensation.

 

Noah instinctively questioned; who was talking to him? Immediately, he fully woke up. Why would there be anyone else in his bedroom in the middle of the night?

 

Was this a robbery? Had another intruder entered his apartment? 

 

Really!! This was already the 3rd time this month!!

 

Startled, Noah endured the dull pain in his head and forcefully opened his eyes. His head felt heavier than usual. 

 

What he saw was — a beautiful face!!

 

A beautiful woman was standing in front of him. She had long brows, droopy doe eyes with a sleepy look, cherry lips, and soft white hair that went past her waist. She was wearing a cream-white animal fur dress. The beauty mark below her left eye, made her look even more refined and pure. The smallest movements of his eyes were charming.

 

It has been a while since he saw such a beautiful face since the advent of the apocalypse. Most pretty women would usually cover their faces in fear of unnecessary trouble. 

 

Behind this beauty, there were a couple of people. They were wearing animal furs of various colours. The group of people was led by a kind-faced old man that was holding a wooden staff.

 

At this moment, they were all staring at him with eager looks as if they were waiting for an answer from him.

 

The kind-faced elder saw Noah's somewhat blank look, so he smiled at him in a comforting way. "Noah, don't be scared."

 

"This chief knows that it's hard for you to accept marrying into a tribe of wandering beastmen. But, the Crimson Amber tribe is willing to pay 5 Gnu and 2 sacks of salt. This chief hopes that you can make your decision based on what's good for the tribe and properly consider it. No matter what, this chief will respect your opinion."

 

After hearing the old man's words, Noah was even more lost.

 

Consider what? marrying into a tribe of wandering beastmen? For the sake of the tribe? 5 Gnu and 2 sacks of salt?

 

Looking at this inexplicably somewhat familiar scene and hearing those familiar lines, Noah suddenly remembered the plot of the novel he had been reading last night —

 

[The Silver Moon tribe had been suffering from drought, and they fell into crisis because they hadn’t been able to save enough food.]

 

[At this critical juncture, the beastmen of the Crimson Ember Tribe came to the Silver Moon tribe and said they would pay 5 Gnu and 2 sacks of salt for each fertile female that would be willing to marry their tribe.]

 

[And so, the Silver Moon tribe's beastmen gathered together in the chief's house to ask the unmated females in the tribe for their opinions on this matter.]

 

Wait... Wasn't this the scene of the supporting male character refusing to marry in that overly dramatic novel he had read last night?

 

It couldn't be that he had transmigrated into a novel, right?

 

When that idea popped up, Noah immediately felt colder. He clenched his fist tighter and fell into a pit of self-doubt.

 

Yesterday, he had seen a novel titled Law of hunting a wife in Ancient Times in a stall. Noah was immediately attracted by the gaudy cover and suggestively titillating title and happily bought the book with a credit point without hesitation. 

 

However, the book had rotten writing.

 

Noah could live with the fact that the novel had a cannon fodder that had the same name as his and wore a halo that reduced his intelligence. But, it was intolerable that this novel didn't have any of the sweet pamperings he had wanted to see. Every page was just the author writing shitty fantasies.

 

The novel was a reverse harem with beastmen in a primitive setting but the main characters were idiots acting as the leaders of their respective groups who don't explain and don't listen. The Female lead was probably one of the stupidest transmigrated protagonists he had ever read about with her mind always in the gutter.

 

She just doesn't question anything. And when she does finally ask questions she doesn't push for any answers. Basically, all her problems started with her. She gave mixed signals to every man she met. Basically wanted everyone's niceness with no payment, taking everything for granted.

 

Noah really hates these types of female leads. He was so annoyed he flung it in the fireplace and went to sleep.

 

Please click the heart button and comment and rate this novel if you like this chapter~~♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓

8