Chapter 5 Not too shabby
206 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Have you packed your belongings? Where is it?" Ava asked Noah, just when they exit the hut.

 

"Ah, yes. I forgot. Wait a minute. I'll be back." Noah awkwardly scratched his head and ran back inside, Ava could only shake his head and look at Noah's back like a hopeless child, following behind him. She directly snatched the sack from Noah's hands and flipped it over, spilling all its contents on the ground.

 

"WHAT IS THIS? Why haven't you packed any clothes? and what about your jewellery? Cloud flower? Soapberries? There's nothing here! Do you think only one pair of clothes is enough? You! All you ever think about is these herbs!"

 

"Owowowowowowowowowowowo!!!!"

 

Noah was nagged by her again but this time Ava even twisted his ear harshly! He really never felt this Ashamed!! Not even his own mother had ever spoken to him in this way!!

 

Utterly Humiliated and having nothing more for him to live for, Noah crouched in a corner and drew circles in the soil, a bunch of mushrooms growing on his head while Ava repacked his sack.

 

Besides the tribal chief's house, there was a giant banyan tree where the tribal elders usually held important meetings. Right now, below the tree sat the tribal chief and the tribe elders stared admiringly at the six beautiful females in front of them, sitting on the ground side by side. Especially at the most beautiful one, the goat female at the end of the line. Almost all the few 100 members of the tribe were gathered around them in a circle.

 

There were all kinds of gazes directing their way - jealous, infatuated, prideful. But when they remembered why they were here, only regret and indignation were left.

 

They received all kinds of pitying looks as the ritual to send them off started. Since the witch doctor passed away, the ritual was performed by his first apprentice, Alice, a sheep male. Also the new witch doctor. Since the witch doctors were responsible for the welfare of the whole tribe, they were not allowed to mate. Since having their own families would distract them. So obviously they would not allow their precious females to become a witch doctor.

 

The mortality rate of the females is particularly high, that's why every Beastman cherishes their females to the point of spoiling them. Because females were rare and fragile, in this world they can be considered more precious than diamonds and were doted on by others their whole lives. Thus, most of their attitudes are very arrogant and willful. They were unbearable because of their rude and unreasonable attitudes. 

 

Due to the great disparity between the number of males and females. Females would usually mate with several males at the same time, so more males could have the chance to have a female.

 

But although they were favoured by the males, in Noah's eyes they were nothing more than caged birds. A beloved pet. You would love it, spoiling it to an unreasonable point, granting every demand but at the same time, they had no real power. At the critical moments, they had no authority. An example of this was how females couldn't become witch doctors even if they wanted to.

 

But life is fair.

 

Although females were powerless, had a numerical and physical disadvantage, Males could only have one female in their lifetime. Because males could only form a bond once in their life, if they are abandoned by their female, they will be inflicted by the backlash. This is called lovesickness. Most beastman couldn't survive the aftermath and died within the year those who did survive had to go through excruciating pain and couldn't have another female. Not that any female would accept an abandoned male.

 

Alice wore a bulky headgear with feathers and a traditional-looking animal fur dress. Her neck, hands, and ankles were adorned with jewellery made from animal teeth and shiny stones. A leather belt was wrapped around her waist. On one hand, she held a large feather fan while, on the other, she had a great staff. The small hand-carved wooden bell jingled on her ankles as she repeatedly jumped and spun in mid-air. to the side, a middle-aged beastman started to beat a crud-looking drum.

 

"Hooooololololololololo~~~"

 

Alice made a weird loud noise and the crowd started to clap and sing in sync. For a brief moment, everyone just enjoyed the festive music, losing themselves to the rhythm, loudly singing along and even starting to dance.

 

Of course, calling the dance 'awkward and wild' was an understatement. But their good mood was perceived by Noah.

 

If you are worrying about tomorrow, you can't possibly enjoy today. So going by this, Noah threw all his problems and worries to the back of his mind, enjoying the weird songs and dancing of the tribespeople. As if he was here to enjoy the foreign culture.

 

The other females were dressed in animal furs and adorned with flowers. They spun and twirled in circles around the sitting females, tossing fists full of flowers and blessing the females to the best of their vocabulary.

 

The wind-rustled wide sleeves revealed slender hands, reaching out as several petals landed on his palm. He relished the joyful atmosphere thinking to himself that his wedding wasn't as miserable as he thought it would be.

 

"Not too shabby."

 

Yeah, right.

 

Sorry for the late update. ๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ 

But I'm really confused about the original Female Lead's character. Please help me out by responding to the Poll. The poll will end after 10 days.

Please click the heart button and comment and rate this novel if you like this chapter~~♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓

Should the original Female Lead, Sophia, be.....
  • Antagonist: Green tea
  • Antagonist: Idealist
  • Antagonist: Stupid and Innocent
  • Mob: Non existent
  • SideKick: Follower
  • SideKick: BFF
  • SideKick: Likes MC
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on Dec 9, 2022 06:55 PM.
6