chapter 1
398 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stunning.

That's the only word Fiona can think when she sees the dress Abel has sent her. She had been busy all day preparing for the ball at the palace. It's an important event, and her first official social debut, so she just to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible.

Then all of the sudden a maid burst through the door, making Fiona jump in surprise.

"My lady! Master Abel and sir Siegren has returned!"

Hearing that, Fiona wasted no time and hurried down the halls to the main gate. When she was still in the distance her eyes caught a glimpse of a silhouette that she knew all too well.

Even in the distance, Abel is eye-catching. Tall and broad, his silver hair glistens in the sun, and his stern yet handsome face is a sight that no one can advert their eyes from. A man that's fawned by all across the country but he himself doesn't know or is oblivious to the stares and whispers when he walks by.

Fiona slowed down her steps when Abel walked towards her with a grin that she knew all too well, 'I have a bad feeling about this.'

When they met in the middle, Abel had his arms outstretched and Fiona raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're supposed to give me a welcome hug"

"I'm not obliged to do so"

"Daughters usually do so don't they"

"Oh my god stop with that please!"

Fiona stomps away past Abel and towards the carriage. Leaving Abel frozen with his arms still outstretched, the man carrying his stuff just gave him a pat on his back.

Even if their conversations are stale and seemingly distant, they hold a great deal of respect towards each other, though Abel wishes that he can be more of a father figure to Fiona than merely a guardian or caretaker.

Fiona continued her way to the carriage, while also checking her surroundings for a certain someone on the way. Though he finally spotted that person's hair from the window of the carriage. She hurriedly opened the carriage door and sure enough she saw Siegren with his head against the window, his arms crossed, 'he's sleeping.'

She hadn't seen Siegren in a while, but she was glad to finally see her childhood friend again. And at such an important part of the story too. Siegren was to come to the palace and be recognized as a prince, there will be a grand ball where the primary antagonists of the story.

The crown prince, Icarus and the Villainess, Livia of house Priscilla.

Fiona noted that Icarus was just a side antagonist for Siegren, but what she needs to look for is Livia. A fiery beauty that truly deserves the title of the most desirable lady in the land.

Fiona observed Siegren, he had grown more muscular and taller. Albeit she can see some bruises, no doubt from Abel's training's. She smiles a bit, even if Siegren grows to be a skillful swordsman, Abel would still find ways to beat him. She's been in the world of her own creation for years, it's nice to know that some things wouldn't change.

While lamenting, Fiona outstretched her hand to touch Siegren's hair. Unfortunately, Siegren grasped her hand and glared at her before his eyes softened when he realized that it's Fiona.

"It's you..."

"It's me."

"Siegren"

"Fiona"

Siegren smiled when he said Fiona's name so tenderly, it made Fiona blush a bit. Especially with how undeniably close they were at the moment inside the dark carriage with almost no one around. If someone were to see them at the moment it would definitely cause some misunderstandings.

Of course, the world likes to play pranks on it's creator, as not even a minute later, a stern and loud cough was heard causing them to turn their heads to the carriage door where a pissed off Abel stood.

He was smiling, but it was menacing, his hand gripped the side of the carriage so tightly that Fiona is sure it'll crack.

"You two. Outside. Now."

11