Chapter 5: The Hero
98 10 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Bang Bang Bang* 

Outside the King’s study, someone was banging the door aggressively. 

“Stop your banging at once.” Antonius demanded, “The King, His Majesty is inside this room.” 

“Dammit, Who Is it!?” The King asked in irritation. 

“Your Majesty, I bring urgent news!” The person outside replied. 

Antonius looked at the King and the King gave a nod. “Let him in.” Antonius commanded. 

Moments later the door was opened, and a guard rushed inside then kneeled. “Your Majesty, I bring news about-” 

“About the small explosions? Yes, we heard it.” The King cut off the guard mid-sentence. 

“Y-yes, Your Majesty.” The guard stammered, “But that’s not all the- “ 

“There was an intruder? Then deal with it.” The King once again cut him off. 

“Your Majesty, maybe it should be wise to let him finish.” Antonius said, “You, speak quickly.” 

“Yes! Three of the heroes have been injured.” The guard explained. 

“WHAT!? HOW!?” The King asked furiously. “DID THE INTRUDER DO THIS!?” 

“Your Majesty. There was no intruder. The archers on the roof were not briefed yesterday that the heroes have been summoned and thus they apprehended a group of heroes when they went to the rooftop.” The guard explained. 

“WH-!? Give me the name of those Archers! I want them sent to the gallows.” The King demanded. 

“Your Majesty, they’re both dead. One was killed by a hero and the other jumped to his demise.” The guard said. “Furthermore, we retrieved this from the area. We believe that a hero used this to kill the archer.” 

The guard handed over the gun that they retrieved, it was a Colt Model 1911 Semi-Automatic Pistol. The King took the gun and inspected it before handing it over to Antonius. “This thing... It was the one that killed the archer?” The King inquired. 

“Yes, Your Majesty, it is the tool used by the hero to kill the archer. And we believe that it is also the object that caused the small explosion.” The guard said. 

“Who was the hero who used this?” The King asked. 

“I believe it was the hero named Jan, Your Majesty.” The guard answered. 

“I see. You may now take your leave.” The King ordered. 

The Guard bowed once again before leaving the room. Left alone, Antonius and the King continued to inspect the gun. Antonius even used an analysis spell, but he still could not figure it out. The King also tried to take it apart but was also unsuccessful. 

“What is this object!?” The King asked. 

“I have no clue, your Majesty. My analysis spell just told me that it is made out of metal, but it did not tell me what this is used for.” Antonius explained, “But if this is the source of the small explosion, then this must be like the Vulkan Rods of the dwarves, albeit smaller in size and probably power too.” 

“Did he have this item when he was summoned?” The King inquired. 

“No, your Majesty.” Antonius answered. 

“I see, let’s put this matter aside for now. Now, who among the otherworlders is the one named Jan?” The King asked. 

“I believe it is the irregular, your Majesty.” Antonius answered. 

“Hmmm... The one that’s still not under our control.” The King said. “If that irregular can create these weapons, he alone would be much more useful than everyone we summoned combined.” 

“If he is capable of that, then yes.” Antonius added, “Shall I use my spells on him?” 

“No, a succubus’ charm spell already failed on the irregular. I doubt that there are some more spells in your arsenal that has a more potent effect than a succubus’ charm, hm?” The King asked. 

“None, your Majesty. But if I can prepare another domination crystal, then for sure I can get control him.” Antonius responded. 

“’If’ you had one, but you don’t and each of those take up to a month of processing, something that we don’t have right now.” The King said. “For now, I will try to forge some bonds with him.” 

“As you wish, your Majesty.” Antonius replied. 

+ + + + + 

In the infirmary, three men were on the beds. Those men were the beaten up otherworlders, Jan, Carlo, and Kelvin, but among them Jan was the most beat up. Kelvin and Carlo were already sitting up watching their friend. Rika and Cess were also in the room keeping watch. 

“Damn, my guts still hurt from that man’s kick.” Carlo complained. 

“Don’t you go complaining about your guts, bro. Look at Jan’s face, he’s all beat up with some cuts here and there.” Kelvin retorted. 

Carlo looked over at the still unconscious Jan, “Yeah, he got beat up really good.” 

A person in white clothes entered the infirmary as the two friends looked over Jan. The person wore a white dress and a veil to conceal her face, and at the back of the robe, a golden serpent coiled around a cross was embroidered. She stopped by Jan’s bedside and removed her veil. 

Underneath her veil lay the girl’s fine features, she examined Jan from head to toe before clasping her hands together and recited a chant in a singsong manner. Light emanated from her hands as she continued her chant, and when she was finally over, she spread her hands on top of Jan and the light clung to him and began to sink in as if being absorbed. The whole thing lasted for a few minutes until the last of the light particles were absorbed by Jan’s body. 

The woman turned to Carlo and said, “That should be enough for now, he should be stable and should wake up by himself after a few hours of rest.” 

“Uh- okay-” Carlo replied, at a lost at the woman’s beauty. 

“Do you also require healing, sir hero?” The woman asked. 

“Uhm- No need, I can deal with the pain.” Carlo answered. 

“You sure about that?” Kelvin said teasingly, “You were telling us how painful your guts are, right?” 

“Man, shut up.” Carlo retorted, “I’m fine, totally fine. I’m feeling so good that I can take on that man now.” 

 “Oh really? Tell that to the man behind you.” Kelvin said as he pointed behind Carlo. 

Carlo quickly turned around, “What the fuck!? Oh, hell nah man, don’t scare me like that.” 

“See!? You can’t take that man right now.” Kelvin justified. 

“Yeah, you’re right. I can’t, not right now but someday.” Carlo said. 

“Are you perhaps talking about the man that assaulted you, sir heroes?” The woman asked. “If so, then that man’s already dead.” 

“” Wait what? How!? “” Carlo and Kelvin asked in tandem. 

“From what I heard; he fell to his death.” The woman replied, “It seems like both of you are fine, as for your friend, just let him rest and he will wake up on his own. I’ll excuse myself for now, heroes.” 

The woman bowed before covering her face with the veil and leaving the room. Carlo’s eyes were glued to her until she was out of the room. 

“Dude! Too much staring.” Kelvin said. 

“Shut up!” Carlo retorted and hid under the sheets. 

+ + + + + 

A few hours later, Marvin finally decided to get out of his room. He put on his clothes and looked at the mess that he made. The whole room was a mess, the maids’ clothes were scattered on the floor, sheets and pillows were also scattered across the room, the mattress was damp, and the two maids lay on the bed, their skins glistening with all the sweat clinging to their skin. 

“Not a bad job, I if do say so myself.” Marvin muttered before turning around and heading out. “I wonder what’s in store for my new life today?” 

Marvin hailed the nearest servant and asked them for some food. The servant offered to have his food delivered to his room, but he said no. 

“I’ll have my food in the dining area where we ate last night.” Marvin said. 

“Of course, sir hero.” The servant said with a bow, “Please follow me then.” 

Marvin followed the servant through the castle halls and went down several floors before arriving at the great hall. Marvin took a seat and waited for his food. This’ll be my new life then. He thought to himself. I can get girls, all the food, and heck I’m at least important here. You can kiss my ass goodbye Earth! Goodbye boring ass Earth, Hello Fantasy world. 

He continued his fantasizing and daydreaming as he waited for his food. Minutes later food was served in front of him, since it was already late in the afternoon only bread and some meats were served along with a cup of ale. 

As he was going through his plate a maid passed by him. Damn, she looks gorgeous. He grabbed her and forced her to sit on his lap. “Come here, sit with me.” He said with a lecherous grin. 

“Hyaah, please don’t, sir hero.” The maid pleaded, but it fell on deaf ears as Marvin continued to harass her, “No, please not there! I’m married.” 

“Oh, shut up, married or not, I’m the hero and you’re in my strike zone.” Marvin said before kissing the maid to shut her up. 

“Mmmph-” The maid tried to pry Marvin off of her, but to no avail so she decided to bite him on the lips. 

Marvin immediately reeled away from the maid, “Dumb bitch! Look what you did.” He said as he covered his bleeding lip. 

The maid stood up and tried to hurry out of the room, but Marvin grabbed her skirt causing her to trip and hit her face on the floor. Marvin grabbed her and made her face him before ripping her dress apart. 

“Please, sir hero, no!” The maid pleaded, but just like a feral animal, Marvin ignored her pleading and ripped her clothes. “NOOO!” 

The maid tried to cover her chest with her hands, but Marvin pinned them to the ground. And when she tried to cross her legs, Marvin just spread them apart anyways. “Hahaha! Rejoice, for you will bear the hero’s seed.” Marvin cackled and had his way with the maid. 

The maid kept on yelling for help, but no one would come to help her. Even when some of her coworkers can clearly hear her pleas. None would dare to get on the hero’s way for a hero to them was somewhat like a messenger of the gods, summoned from other worlds with the protection and blessing of the gods. 

Around a quarter of an hour passed and Marvin was reaching his climax. “OH! YES! TAKE IT ALL!” 

“HYAAAH!? PLEASE NOT INSIDE!!” The maid pleaded. “HAAAAH!?” 

Once he was done, Marvin sat at the table again as if nothing happened. He left the maid on the floor drenched in sweat and in his fluids. “That looks better.” Marvin said, “A little present for you and your husband, yeah?” 

Marvin continued his unfinished meal as he admired his ‘work’, but he was interrupted when the doors opened. 

“OHY! What the fuck do you think you’re doing!?” 

“Oh? You want to have your turn too? Go right ahead, she’s still a bit wet and tired though.” Marvin said with a snicker. 

+ + + Jan + + + 

Urgh! What happened!? I asked myself as I sat up. 

“JAAAN!” Cess screamed as she ran towards me and jumped to hug me causing me to fall back to the bed. 

“Ouch!” I yelped. “Please get off of me for now, Cess.” 

“Oh sorry.’ Cess said before letting go of me. 

“Man, you scared the crap out of me when I saw your beat-up face.” Kelvin said sarcastically. 

Beat-up? OH SHIT! I was beaten up by that archer. I touched my face, but there was nothing hurting there. “I don’t feel anything wrong with my face though?” I asked. 

“Get this, a hot lady came here and healed your injuries with magic!” Kelvin said with a wave of his hand, “It was like, some lights were coming out of her palms and healed you up instantly. And get this, Carlo has a crush on that lady.” 

“I do not!” Carlo cut in. “Good to see you back in the mortal realm brother.” 

“What the hell man, I did not die, okay?” I retorted. 

“Tell that to Cess and Rika, I bet they were crying as they watched you get beaten.” Carlo said. 

I turned to Rika and Cess and saw that they were nodding, “I’m back guys!” I said to them with a smile to show them how fine I am. 

Rika came closer and smacked me lightly on my forehead, “Silly! We thought we were going to lose you a while ago.” Sh said before finally hugging me. 

“Yeah, we were angry at ourselves for not being able to do anything but watch you.” Cess added. 

“Don’t be, it’s not your fault anyways.” I assured them. “Come 'ere and let’s have a group hug.” I called all my friends and pulled them into a hug, but in that heartwarming scene something disturbed us. 

*Guuuuurg~* 

My stomach growled loudly destroying the once heartwarming mood. 

“Dammit bro, we had a mood going on here and your stomach suddenly decided to barge in?” Kelvin said and laughed. 

One by one we started laughing, “Glad to be back.” I told them. 

“” Yeah “” They replied. 

“Let’s get you some food for now.” Rika suggested, “I’m getting hungry myself too.” 

We got out of the infirmary and asked a guard for directions to the dining area. We talked on the way just like when we were going home from school. That thought suddenly brought back memories, just yesterday we were in our classroom preparing to go home and enjoy our summer breaks, but now here we are. In another world full of uncertainties. It got me thinking, will we ever go back to our old lives? 

“Just take a right here and we should be in front of a big door.” Rika said as she led us through the castle halls. 

“What happened to the archers?” Kelvin asked, “I instantly passed out when I got socked in the guts, so I don’t know what happened.” 

As Kelvin asked his question, I suddenly remembered what had transpired. The archer was aiming at me when a gun materialized in my hands, and I pulled the trigger. I also remember seeing the archer fall to the ground as I hit him. I-I killed a man. I stop dead in my tracks as I remember everything. 

“I prefer not to talk about it.” Rika said as she pointed at the door, “Oh look, that’s the door leading to the dining hall. Why are there a bunch of servants gathered there tough?” 

I looked at where Rika was pointing at and saw a group of servants huddled and peeking inside. I can also hear some faint screaming coming from inside the room. I unconsciously made my way to the door and asked a maid what was happening, but before she could even answer I heard another loud scream. 

Without missing a beat, I shoved the servants aside and made my way inside. I kicked the doors open, but since they were heavy and large, all I managed to do was push them open, slowly. Inside, I saw Marvin eating his meal and nothing was wrong with that. But on the floor was a naked lady panting on the ground. 

“OHY! What the fuck do you think you’re doing!?” I yelled at him. 

“Oh? You want to have your turn too? Go right ahead, she’s still a bit wet and tired though.” Marvin said with a lecherous grin. 

3