Chapter 39 – Celebrating Eidul fitri
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time move quickly, with my part time jobs, and constant craziness with Mariam who constantly teasing me and Sylvia, while Priscilla joining forces with Mariam. The last day before Eidulfitri, Sylvia father visit us,

“Hey everyone!!” He brought gifts, including some firecrackers.

“Father!!” 😅 he brought Steward as well.

“Looks like you all are going to celebrate Eidulfitri ya?”

“We are waiting for the announcement from the king, its really exciting and nerve racking waiting for their announcement” Amin

“Your dad said to me that they all going to celebrate here in this house tomorrow…”

“Looks like we had lots of work to do…Sylvia, Mariam and Priscilla, I need your help here!!” Mom is calling all the girls including Tama is helping as well.

“Alex could you go out find tell the shop owner buying their bottle drinks, 5 boxes got it!!”

“Okay!!”

“Let me help!!” Amin is offering his help

Mom explain the place to purchase it, because he could delivered it tonight. We ride my bike and reach to the store, where an old man is sitting while taking a smoke.

“Hello?”

“Yes child?”

“I got this order form my mom, could you get it by tonight?”

“Sure…hang on a bit…”

I see firecracker and wanted to buy it as well

“Could I get that fireworks as well?”

“Sure kid, just take it, because you mom have help me a lot, providing my grandchildren proper education is the State..”

Never knew mom contribute that much during her time here. The old man bring the boxes into his van and we rode back home. Once we reach there, I could hear a loud commotion from the house, seems that mom is shouting at everyone

“Get the large pot here Sylvia!! Mariam hurry up with the vegetables!! Priscilla your big I need your help in mixing this curry here!!”

“Your mom is amazing doing all this, preparing the food…”

"well then I need your help is setup the house then…”

“Got it!!”

For Amin is the first time he had to celebrate Eidulfitri from a different house but I get used to it, because when in the states, Natalie help mom preparing the food. Natalie is really good making local chilies and cakes. Just from this I just remember how me and Natalie tried to help mom preparing for Eidulfitri. That is also the first time I saw Natalie wore the local ‘baju kurung’ mom did took the picture of it but I kinda wanted to find it. When we clearing the stuff in the storage room, Amin found something that I was looking for.

“Hey, this is a picture album” its the one that I was looking for and its title Arizona 1999 its recently. I open the album while Amin is looking together. I saw Natalie with me wearing the baju kurung.

“Damn she is beautiful, this was only…”

“14 at that time…”

“You look much dorkier compared right now, I wonder why?”

“Natalie wanted me to look like that…because of my past, she is preventing me to look cool because of girls…”

“Eh…must be something she wanted to prevent you…”

“yep…she did…like a cat…”

I flip over a picture that I never knew mom took, a picture where she kissed me while wearing a baju kurung while I wore the baju melayu.

“Damn man, you are suited to each other…I kinda feel you bro…going on a distant relationship eh?”

“Nah….its an old story but kinda missed that moments…”

“But I do understand why Honey always talk about Natalie and you but the one that I don’t understand is why she would willing to have another third wheeler to the relationship…”
“if you found that answer just tell me will ya, is just that pissing me off…”

“Hey this picture he look familiar, like meeting in the hospital recently…”

“That’s Damien…my best bud…”

My best bud wondering why he suddenly said that. But now moving forward is that I have to wait. I took that picture of me and Natalie, and started to set-up our house for our Eidulfitri celebration. Amin however wanted to try something that he wanted since a kid but because his home is a small apartment quarters he could never do that.

“You see that fire stick really wanted to play magic shot…” yeah I did that when I was with Damien and Matt.

After we’ve done our house preparation I took the fire stick and offer him

“I challenge you to a duel”

“Huh?! We are not 7 year olds!!”

“I’ll wait outside!!” I leave while took the fire stick with me

While waiting outside, waiting in front of the house. Amin went out

“What the hell man!!”

I throw the fire stick

“I really wanted to know you’ve got the balls to be with Mar..” I pointed at him

“You know that I really wanted to be with Mariam…” I lit the candle on both side and I burn it aim the fire stick towards him,

“Hey!! That is dangerous!!”

“Die!!”

While I shoot at him, seems like he forgot that he is the one that wanted to play this. But he slowly realise it

“Sonava bitch!! I’m serious with Mar!!!” I shoot at him while he is dodging it. For a moment we had fun but it ended with Mariam went out bringing a whip.

“Since you guys are having much fun, maybe I could have some fun…” oh shit she looked pissed

“uhh….honey, maybe you could put away the whip..?” He is trying to negotiate with an angry tiger

“Kukuku….seems that I have been tortured with cooking and preparing food while you guys here are having much fun eh.🥰💢”

“Darling….💢”

“So this is what are you been doing eh?💢”

Never seen the trio is being in a yandere expression, the only thing that I could do right now is taking the shot and escape. I took the fire stick and shoot at them. Mariam instantly parried the fireball with her whip, I never seen anything like that in my life. Amin is the first one and manage to escape. That asshole, but I don’t see Mariam at all in an instant she took out Amin first. This is like a scene in a horror movie, what the hell!!? My legs suddenly turn back and run towards the gate. But behind me Priscilla manage to captured me, and Sylvia tied me with a rope.

“I’ve got a live one here…” shit they manage to captured me. Sylvia villainous laugh is terrifying. I’m struggling to escape, but the one that scared the shit out of me is when Mariam brought the unconscious Amin while dragging him from the ground.

“run…..bro…..” Oh shit I jump out from them and make the run for it. While I run my vision suddenly blank. NOT AGAIN!! When i wake up, Tama explain to me that Hana knock me out. Amin is still unconscious and Hazlan just arrived from terawih with his father.

“Well, well…still doing crazy things eh?”

“Uh…what happen?”

“You could see your surrounding…”

Seems like they modified it, to their suiting. The house is even extravagant, that means a lot of cleaning😓. I wonder who’s idea was this?

“Get up!! I need your help!!💢” Mariam is shouting at me but I could see her messy look, while preparing the curry while Sylvia and Priscilla is preparing for the ketupat and pulut for the celebrations. Mom is really squeezing them out. Mom is calling us to help her with the table arrangements, I woke Amin and we head straight to set the table. Once its done, Mom said to us

“Okay seems everything in order, I’ve got some baju kurung that I have from my storage room, but for Priscilla your dad seems have arrange for your clothing.”

“uh…father…😨…”

Amin turn on the celebration music, a P. Ramlee music. Priscilla’s maid arrived and sent her the traditional Johor dress a kebaya, a type of a malay sexy dress that is almost fit to the body. Amin realise something and said to me

“Don’t you nosebleed when Pris wear that got it?”

“Huh?”

“Don’t you know kebaya right?”

“Yeah its kinda normal to me”

“Don’t tell me….”

“Yeah Nat wore that before…let me check again the album”

I took the old album that mom kept but this time mom is with me

“Ahh you found it….hey!! Everyone want to see Alex when he is young!!” What!!! Don’t mom!!

Everyone look at the album while mom explain about it.

“You took one of the picture right?”

“Eh….don’t know?”

“fine then….here is Natalie…”

The one that Natalie wore is a Kebaya dress that she design her own

“She has immense talents in fashion…”

Sylvia and Priscilla is impressed

“Wow she is cute in that traditional dress…”

“She made it herself” Mom is really proud of her eh

“My best bud…she did make a dress for me if not mistaken she is an apprentice of Luca Dolores”

“LUCA DOLORES!!!!” Priscilla know her?

“She is like the legendary designer!! Like my father even asked her for his clothes!!”

“Yep…well then let us prepare ourself for tomorrows celebrations let us rest owh..Sylvia, Mariam follow me to my room because I’ve got some some dress for tomorrows day.. since the boys need to be at the mosque…”

“Okay!!” Everyone

Sylvia, Tama, Mariam and Priscilla including Hana went into mom’s room, while me and Amin prepare our clothes for tomorrow celebration. Oh shit, I forgot I didn’t bought a new clothe because I’m getting taller. The last clothes is shorter.

“Amin….”

“Yeah?”

“do you have any backup clothes?”

“uh….no…”

“Okay…”

“Don’t tell you that….”

“Yeah what you imagine…”
Amin laugh out loud, and asked me to wear it. It does not fit.

“Shit man!!, there isn’t a single shop open right now!!”

Suddenly a phone ring, wondering who is calling in this middle of the night. I answered the phone and its Uncle Usman.

“Alex is it okay for you to come to my house now?”

“uh…what happen uncle?”

“You could say something personal and urgent”

“i hope not something that will lead me to another hospital…” yeah everytime with this family I ended up in a hospital

“uh…hahahahaha nothing of sorts but it’s really important for you to come here”

“uh…fine…it is okay for me to bring my friend here…?”

“uh…I prefer to be personal but its okay…”

“Bro…could you follow me now?”

“Huh?”

“something personal….”

“uh…okay…fine….but I gotta tell Honey about it…”

“just tell them that my uncle Usman is calling me”

Amin inform to Mariam and she allowed him

“At least with Honey with him, I’m at least at ease…”

We head towards to Uncle Usman’s House which is 15 mins from my house. Once reach there, seems to be bright as ever. But I wonder what is going on. Amin waited outside but been called by Aunt Salina

“Just bring your friend here…”

“Uh..its okay I’ll wait here…”

“Nope…” she drags him into the house. Uncle Usman is sitting at the couch with Siti!!! What the hell here?

“uh….can I go back now?”

“Uh no… because you need to be here for a while”

Siti suddenly hold my arms while Amin look at me😒

“Dude, you going to have a short life after this man…”

“could you help me…”

“uh….I don’t think Alex have the time to handle this….” Thanks bro!!🥲

“No can do!! He has been hiding from me ever since the festival’s”

“You see Alex there is also someone that I wanted to meet…”

Please i don’t want any surprises any more tomorrow is supposed to be a celebration not another problem. Mr Rahman is here as well. What else does he want now?

“Well,well now our basketball MVP is here what a pleasant surprise eh is that Amin is see there?”

“Uh…hi Mr Rahman…”

“Well then you see this girl is interested in joining SIGMA for the next semester. Her academics is good and will be in 2 Catsy.” uh…..Sylvia’s class, I wonder how she would react this😓

Siti looked at me and wondered what have I’ve been doing, but seems Uncle Usman have other plans just like mom. Aunt Salina prepared drinks but I wondered why Siti’s parents is not around.

“Her parents had a new business offer to move to oversea, and they could not manage to handle with children first. Oh and one thing, Siti is Aunt Salina far cousin’s grandchildren.” Never know that Siti is part of Aunt Salina’s family.

“So here is what I’m going to propose, like I ask your mom before. She is one of the candidate for you..😁” 😶 me and Amin is now speechless, Amin looked at me and said “you know, first Natalie then Sylvia and now her?”

“No man, I did not agreed to any of it bro…”

“This is getting crazier than usual already bro, if honey hears this…”

“yeah…there more the merrier she will said, the more fun she will think…”

“Oh ya tomorrow, we will visit your house for the Eid celebration…”

“uh..ok…” this is not going end well. Shit but she had another sibling wonder what happen.

“Uh..Siti what about your younger sibling?”

“Oh they are here, sleep though because my parents had move to Australia because of a new business offer they had.”

“ah…” migrating huh..

After a while with them. We decide to return back and Uncle Usman said to me something really personal

“Did your dad meet you?”

“Nope…”

“I expect that, he had move to KL because of his work, and he did not tell me about it..”

“huh…well…I can’t say much about it…”

“I know you hate your dad but during this celebration is all about forgiveness…”

This Ramadan and syawal is suppose to be the day where people forgive each other, I hope in my heart Allah will find ways to let myself to forgive him, but he did not return back. I could not answered his question and return back home. Siti however smiling at me, and did not said anything. Once we almost reach home, I ask Amin not to tell what have happen not even Mariam.

“Yeah…but I worried about Honey though, she is going to ask deep what worst she had a knack finding the truth…in mysterious ways, gotta teach her that kind of things is not a muslim way…”

“Yeah, I do agree with that but slowly bro, because she had been like that since kids, I’m pretty sure she never learn a lot about being a muslim…inshallah”

“yeah…” once we arrived at home, Mariam is waiting outside with mom but seems like they knew something that we don’t know.

“Kukuku…..seems Aunt Mas spot’s on…” huh how the hell?

“yeah…that sneaky old man…” even mom knew

“Ooo…this is getting bloody soon…” Mariam instantly knew it

“I’ve got a feeling about this son, because before this Uncle Usman said to me that you need to have a different perspective about girls especially in our faith as muslim.”

“At least honey is there with him, I’m really relief about it” I wonder why mom is with Mariam

“Oh because Mariam is the grandniece of my best friend during my rock band days, goodness its been years I haven’t met them especially Katina really wanted to meet her in Perth. One of these day I wanted to visit Australia later on, would you be interested going there.?”

Me and Amin had a premonition that this is not going to end well.

“Yeah honey we’ll go there as well!!”

“uh..okay?”

“Yeah it should be fine because I heard from Sarah that she is had make an arrangement with Amin’s mother that they already confirm for the two to be in an engagement. So not a problem..” Huh that was quick. Both of them blushed, yeah die you two at least, both of you won’t have any problem what I’m going to face soon.

“Next is about my son here, seems Uncle Usman had make another arrangement and its 2 against 1 hopefully son don’t die on me okay?” Huh? Die? Is this another of your jokes mom? This is not funny!!

“uh…mom….you know that I want some peace and quiet as well….”

“Yeah, I believed that you could handle that..”

“Then I believed this not just one thing you both discuss right?”

“uh..yeah..Mariam could you explain?”

“Aunt Mas wanted to know which girl you really into…”

“What if not interested?”

“Bullshit…because we both see what is going on…” this is getting complicated by the minute.

“Alex seems like everyone love you like you never expected to be…”

“Uh…mom…I just need my family….” I’ve got feeling that there is more to this so I wanted to ask a bit more.

“Yeah, kinda wonder what is Natalie is doing now anyway?”

“uh…yeah….” Spots on😅

“uh….yeah kind of…” I just saw Mariam’s phone right there and I got a feeling that they have made a phone call. I wonder conversation they did.

“Must be the new guy huh?” Their eye brows flinch and seems I’ve been spot on again.

“Alex..I going to be straight with you, because I’ve always going to be on Nat’s side no matter what but there is something that I can’t explain first..”

I’m really curious about this because it something about Natalie with them, especially them. Whatever I rather not going to know now. We both left back home, and rest for the next day. Oh shit I forgot that I don’t have any dress for the next day.

The next morning, we woke up, everyone is in a hurry preparing for the celebration and for us guys we head to the mosque, Hazlan’s and Amin’s dad is already here brought their families into mom’s house. Hazlan’s mom and dad went to the mosque while bringing Arman together. Mariam and Sylvia is preparing the food for the celebrations, while the others is preparing themselves for the big celebration, Amin’s dad is calling us. The only problem now is that I don’t have any clothes or pants that is big enough for me to wear. The only way is that I had to pants and whatever baju melayu that I could wear. When I went out Amin and Hazlan is already look dashing with his full set dress. Amin look at me

“Well at least you don’t look funny while praying later on” he is holding his laugh that bastard. But Hazlan said to me

“As long you went to the mosque to pray is enough rather than showing off.” Ouch that is direct towards Amin we carpool with Uncle Haqib and Habeeb, with his mom. Arriving the mosque.

For muslim this one of the most important day for muslim after Ramadan during the fasting month, where they celebrate the success of an ordeal. Luckily during my months did not happen anything crazy only basketball matches.

After the prayers, Amin is with her parents taking pictures together, while Hazlan is together with their parents as well. Wondering if our family is like that, Zuan approach me and said to me

“Yo!!”

“yo..”

“My dad just bugged out asking me to walk straight home…” maybe I could follow him back

“Yo Amin, I’ll follow Zuan here meet you back at home…”

We walk straight back and he took a cigarette, and offer me. We slowly walk back and he started to chat.

“Kinda bored living here, missed living in Canada. Montreal the place, close to New York… always hanging around that damn place”

“yeah me too, living in Arizona…”

He explain that Geoffrey is going to his place to celebrate. I explain that I’m not going to be active in the basketball game.

“I heard from Arie about it, at least the team’s firepower will drop so the era of super aces ended there as well….”

“Not interested in that kind of passion…just love to play that is all”

“well you did transform the team into a title contender….kinda miss that kind of excitement though…”

“Well then captain of Saturn just beat my team then without me this time…”

He push me aside “cocky asshole!!” He is smiling while we walking

“Hey do you have plans to return back to America?”

“yeah…I do….”

“Well then have fun then, but for me I’ll just stuck here for a while because this is my home…”

Home that meaning is nothing here, because my meaning of a home is my own family and Natalie. We almost reach at my house where we wave goodbye, seems Amin and Hazlan have return back earlier. Once I reach there, it really topsy-turvy in the house where mom and Mariam is like a mad-person.

“Hey Honey help me out!!” Never expected that she is capable handling housework, Sylvia is usual handling the kitchen work while Priscilla helping Hana and Sam preparing themselves. Amin’s parents called me

“About time you arrived, hurry up will ya!!” Mr Faruq

Amin also rushing to prepare the places. Where Mariam build a Photo Booth for taking photos. I help mom in preparing the drinks. Sylvia called me

“Darling!! Help me carry this rice and beef curry to the dining downstairs!!”

‘Got it!!” I carried it, while Arman and Steward is helping the arrangements. Mom then told that Mariam’s parents is coming as well. I understand why, because of the celebrations

“HEY!! MARIAM’S PARENTS have arrived!!” Amin greeted them while mom explain she is honoured that this house is being a place where they celebrate Eid. Mariam then greeted her parents

“Hey mom!! Hey Dad!!”

“Hey!! Did you help them?”

“Yeah I did!!”

“Wow!! Never knew my daughter is wearing a traditional dress. I’ve got to thank Puan Mas for this!!” Her mother head straight to the kitchen while I prepare the dining table. Nothing like a big gathering for celebration eid, even we are not related but we are like family. Mariam then called me because of a phone call.

“Hey Alex, someone wanted to talk to you…”

“Huh?”

“Just go somewhere private got it!!?”

“fine…” I took her phone and head behind the house where mom planted all her plants there.

“Helo?”

“……….” it just silent, I wonder who is it?

“Helo….gonna hang up…..”

“Are you mad at me….?” Its Nat? What the hell?

“uh…no….but kinda feel jealous a bit….” Yeah when I found out from Damien about it.

“uh…yeah….its kinda my fault though…but you ain’t any different…”

Damn straight…she just shoot me back because of Sylvia. But its like she is looking for faults but I wanted to enjoy the moment when I wanted to talk to her.

“hey…Nat….do you remember the time you wore that Malaysian dress?”

“Yeah…I remember it…miss it a lot…”

“You okay?”

“Mar said something that really scared me…”

“About?”

“You went to hospital….because of argument between your family?”

“yeah…kinda pissed me off because you’re not there….”

“I know, I don’t know what the hell Mar is thinking now….if I get my hands on her…”

I just wanted to say this to her for a long time.

“Nat…you know that I really loved you….I understand everything you doing even the crazy things…”

“Gee…don’t be…because I’m the one that is really miss you a lot, its getting me crazy because of it…especially a third wheeler”

“Aren’t you any different?”

“Huh?”

“Damien told me things…”

“Do you believed him?”

“Don’t know because I’m also guilty as well…”

“You don’t know what really happen here…because a lot of things but I can’t rely on you babe..because you know that I’m going to cry again. Not this time..”

Shit, I kinda really wanted to take that open ticket and flies off to see her now.

“Nat…that’s what really frustrate me…”

“I know….I’m the same as well…but I had to protect my family as well…and my honour”

“I know you could handle it well…”

“yeah but Mar said differently because….”

“Of what?”

“I being a stiff that what she said to me….” Gah….

“Hahaahahaha what the Mar is thinking…!!”

“yeah….when I get my hands on her…”

“Did you know that she has a boyfriend?”

“Huh!? She didn’t told about it?”

“Yeah….a guy that had the same mindset like her, loved music and dance as well..”

“I’m pretty sure she had a lot prospect here rather than there…”

“Strange right?”

“yeah…at least babe you give me another point for me to tease her again…thanks babe…I could kiss you again if you here…”

“Just because of that?”

“NO!! You idiot because I could not touch you!! Plus I could not celebrate eid with you, making sure any girls tried to take you away from me!!”

Gee now, I had to set a shield to prevent me from having girl trouble….”

“Mar showed me her picture of her, she is beautiful….do you like her?” Oh shit this is the crazy part where she is testing me. How the hell am I suppose to answered that if I silent about it, its a simple yes.

“To me she is like a little sister to me, yeah I do like her but not her looks but something she has something in common…”

“Crazy like me?”
“nope..is just that I felt something within my heart that no matter what I don’t think that will fit me in the future..plus I don’t think something like love or relationship is something for her yet, but her talents in singing is something though”

“U huh….so you telling me that I’m bad at singing…” damn it, see told it myself this is trap question.

“But the funny thing is, every time I look at her, I remember you…”

“………” I could hear her crying must be spot on

“Damn it!! DAD!! Get me a flight ticket!!!”

“NAT!! You’ve got class tomorrow and a thesis soon!! Sorry Alex, she is a bit of a nut at the moment…” seems Mr Hawk is handling her. Yeah its the truth because the more girls is at me the more I felt hurt within myself because of how much I really love Natalie.

“Babe…sorry just suddenly calling you..and…did Mar told you that I spoke to Sylvia?”

“Yeah…”

“We had a little cat fight in the phone…”

“Word jousting huh…”

“Something….that she said…..struck me….” I wonder what would that be

“She…she…said to me that she is not a replacement for her, but an equal to her where babe is going to decide it…” that answered is not hard but its really going to hurt someone else because its always Natalie

“You know me right?”

“yeah…I don’t like it because I don’t want to hurt her as well…”

“Yeah…”

“Babe…when are you going to save me then?” She must have been into trouble again

“What happen?”

“You could say….something about me and dad…”

“Shit…must be really deep…”

“Ah…never mind about it!!! Because I want to tell you that I really, madly in love with you got it!! And I’m not going to let anyone beat me or take you from me got it!!”

“ah hahahah…that…is either flattering or scaring me…”

She giggle and said to me

“Just you wait, because when you see me again, you going to completely loved me again”

Damn that make my heart feel light again.

“But I heard from Mar that you have been using a gun again right?” Shit she told me about that!! Maybe I need to tell her that will make Natalie having a heart attack again.

“Uh…yeah…but I never anyone with it, I rather beat them…”

“Promise me…don’t do it again…okay…because if it happen again…I’m not going to let you out of my sight again…promise me…because we far apart now…”

“yeah…Shanay..I promise…”

“….I sure hope so because I don’t want that darkness consume you again…Mar told me scaring things that happen…with doing hero stuff again…please don’t push yourself too hard not when I’m not around close to you…”

“Yeah…I promise…” I started to cry..

“Okay babe…please..I beg of you…just wait okay…” I could not tell her about my plans to visit LA. but I plan not to meet her because of what I’m going to do plus Damien never did told me the truth.

“Nat?”

“Yeah…?”

“I’ve got a picture someone kissing you…you been forced or you did it yourself?”

“…that is my own battle to settle…to protect my dad, just trust me on this…okay babe…”

“Yeah…I trust you…plus I got a surprised to you as well…”

“Huh?”

I took a deep breath and shouted

“I’M CRAZY ABOUT YOU!!!”

“You dummy!! Everyone will hear that!!! Even dad hear it “yes, Cheveyo!!! I understand that feeling!! See Nat!! He is in loved with you!!”

“Shut up dad!! You idiot!! If Mar hear that, god knows what she will said to me”

Only suddenly Mariam is behind me.

“Yeah…told ya Nat, Alex is not someone is easily sway away by some girl…kukuku”

“Babe!! She is with you!!”

“No!!”

“Kukuku, luckily that I’m the only one that hear that but I kinda felt relief about it though…” she activated the loud speaker mode and both of us hear from her.

“Babe…I heard from Mar that you have someone that dear to you before me…”

“Yeah when I was young, but I got to thank Mar for it because I could have a nervous breakdown if she and Amin wasn’t there.”

“Ha..that’s a relief, thanks Mar…for being there for me..”

“Alex is not just a friend he is like a brother to me…don’t worry about a thing Nat, just that you need to take care yourself there..”

“Nat..about Damien…just tell me what is really going on?”

“he…he…”

“Oh the kid, yeah he met me last week, something about a personal settlement for his brother, but the look in him, is really when he was like you, a dead eye.”

shit…he lied to me…now I can’t wait to see LA, Mariam hold my thought and whispered to me

“Just a keep this a secret because if Nat finds out you coming to LA, she will not allowed you to go there got it…because to protect you..”

“yeah thanks…”

“Maybe he is just tired then Mr Hawk…”

“Yeah maybe, don’t worry about Nat, but look after yourself, I heard a lot of awful things happen to you, even Damien told me about it.”

“Dad you didn’t tell me that Damien explain to you…”

“uh….yeah…”

“Please Mr Hawk don’t need to tell her about it…”

“is a secret between men Nat…so don’t worry about it…” Mr Hawk is also an idiot 🤦🏻

“Dad….”

“Never mind see ya Alex”

“okay…”

“we’ll continue next time…in the mean time I’m going to interrogate dad first”

“Yeah..see ya…”

“Bye Babe talk you later okay..”

“Bye miss ya Mar, Alex….”

She hung up. Mariam look at me and said to me in relief

“at least I’m not going to worry what going to happen next this time.”

“uh huh…but she is going strong you know…”

“Just go with the flow…come on we ready..”

“Yeah…”

We head back to the house where everyone is ready for the celebrations, but for me that deep unsettling feeling had been blown away just by talking to Natalie. She is really my light, we went there Sylvia wear the traditional kurung, she does look hot though, with her boobs really pop. Mariam look at me and smiling at me

“I’m pretty sure…Nat doesn’t have that rack though..”

“uh….” Just looking at her, her vision of Natalie is going to kill me appeared.

“darling….” She just look at me in a seductive way

“babe…” Priscilla is really sexy even in her kebaya. Amin, Hazlan and Habeeb is really flattered looking at her. Mariam ended it, with a really hard pinch to his butt. Mom called all of us to feast together. Everyone is here, including Sylvia and Priscilla parents as well. Mr George introduce himself but Mr Faruq tease him

“Hey hurry up, we’re hungry here!!”

Then someone is calling outside, its Uncle Usman family including Siti. Shit this is going to be bloody. Instantly Siti jumps at me and hugged me they only thing in my mind now is avoiding being hit by someone and I gently push her aside, I just saw Hana doing a drop kick while I avoiding it.

“Bad girl!! Grr!! Get away from big brother!!”

Next trouble girl is pulling me away and cover my face with her boobs and that is Sylvia, which is slowly pull away then Priscilla pull me back and her boobs is at my head. I slowly move away while avoiding that, only to see Siti approach them

“Who are you doing to my darling here?”

Looks like they glaring at each other now. Mariam is getting fired up and setting it even worst.

“Now, now ladies because we are celebrating here how about we hang around because Alex is not around now…” Mariam is signalling me to escape. The only place that I could run now is the roof which another secret part of this house. I went up and head to the roof of the house because I going to setup something here, a large fireworks for tonights event, which I bought from the old uncle. Then I went back they still at it, glaring at each other making sure they don’t make a move to me. At least for me, I’m pretty safe from their troubles. I meet Uncle Usman personally.

“Salam Uncle…”

“Salam….how are you child?”

“Yeah…but I wonder out of nowhere, Siti is with uncle?”

“ummm..because she was surprised that you are my nephew. And she suddenly wanted to be close to you”

“uh…”

“Just be friends with her child, because she is also not close with her friends in school..she is also being bullied by her friends for being a loner…”

“Ah…” do I look like a baby sitter here or a counselling service for uncle in helping her?

“Plus she is cute you know…”

“ummm…yeah she is but is not like I had to”

“Well, I know she’s in good care if you are around when she moved to SIGMA”

“Huh…fine…”

“Good son, I could count on you”

“okay…fine so long that is not related to marital or marriage got it?”

“Yeah…” he is hiding something from me again

Once I sat there, Mariam approach me and asked me

“Seems like you other girlfriend in other school is here….”

“yeah…seems like that she is my far cousin”

“Wow, what a small world”

“Yeah never realise that”

“So now what are you going to do about it?”

“Just like you said, go with the flow…”

“Yeah, just go with it don’t worry we’ll back you up”

“yeah…I just hope you will though…”

“But not saving you got it…Nat will kick my ass if I do that”

“Is that the reason of you not doing it?”

“kukuku….i just hope that you know how much Nat loved you….”

“Yeah”

We celebrate until the night where I head to the attic where I ask Mariam to call everyone outside. I started the fireworks and it run straight down. Where they look at it, the sparks of colours that glitters the skies, where everyone enjoys. Sylvia hugged her brother where Mr George smile, Amin and Mariam smiles while his family laughing with joy. Mariam’s parents called me.

“Thanks for being Mariam’s friend, she always talk about you…”

“Yeah..she is a fun friend and a really good friend that I could rely on…”

“please be her friend then okay…”

“yes..”

“Well then tomorrow we will make an open house in our place and Mariam will make the arrangements”

“Huh?! Dad!! Mom!!”

“You have experience from Puan Mas, so don’t make us lose face then…”

“Grrr….Honey!! Alex you’ve got to help me!!”

Looks like we will have some work then. Everyone left the place, where Mom, me, Hana, Tama and Sam is left from the house. With that I started to clean the place, and Mom were resting at the living room. Hana help me does the cleaning. She suddenly started to talk to me.

“Even without dad, we could still enjoy this celebration right?”

“yep..”

“I’m not feeling alone any longer as long Big brother is here…I really wish Big sis is here as well…”

“Well….” I wanted to make another phone call to Natalie and asked mom about it, she only allowed a few moments. And I make the call again to Natalie

“Helo…?”

“This is Mr Hawk, is this Puan Mas?”

“Nope its me Alex…”

“Ah!! Alex good timing!!” Must be something going on

“Nat!! Alex here!!”

“Wait!! Ah!!” Something fell drop. And I could hear commotions from Natalie

“Don’t just jump out from the ladder!! Hey get this phone!!”

“Ouch!! Okay dad!!”

“Babe!! What is going on?”

“Someone wanted to talk to you badly…” I pass the phone to Hana where she is smiling. I could hear their conversation. One of them really scared me the most

“Big brother is getting bad, lots of bad girls trying to steal big brother!! When will big sis coming here!!! Wa!!!” Hey don’t make me feel bad!!

“Uh…uh… okay!! I promise to make sure Big brother doesn’t get into trouble again….yep….he is stupid….I really miss you big sis” She giggle.

“Here big brother, big sis wanted to talk to you…” she is smiling

Once I put my head on the speaker, a full lecture from Natalie clears my ears and the only thing I could hear from her.

“If I could get my hands on the girls…and making sure you on the leash again babe!!” Shit she is really mad right now😅

“uh…hahaha….”

“That Mar when till I get my hands on her…anyway babe…don’t be naughty….I got my eyes on you babe…miss you…” she makes a kissing sound from the phone, shit if her lips could reach me everything heals me back.

We hung up and Hana look at me and convince me

“For now I will not let anyone married big brother other than big sis…”

“you know that is the simplest answer, yep I definitely choose big sis…”

“Good!! Love ya big brother!!” She hug me. Once we clean the place, we rest back at home. Looking at my computer, and email. I saw another message from Mr Hawk

“Here is a picture for you”

A picture of Natalie studying hard with her big glasses. She look really cute with her messy hair from constant studying. She is getting beautiful by the second I look at her. What a day to remember with a new family that I’m going through but I wonder what is dad doing now?

0