Chapter 45 – Ms Weekend challenge
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sylvia is starting to take Tama to a church in which she is having Sunday prayers at a church close to my home. Amin and Mariam have been our newest members of the house, as well as they regularly visit us. Not without Siti, who is now one of our newest household members, Uncle Usman decides to send Siti to our house on weekend days. Mom directed Amin and me to clear some items from the storage room in order to organise everything. It's so full of stuff that I can't believe my mum has this much things.

"Is mum a hoarder, with all these piles of junk? Having so much bizarre stuff "Mariam decides to join us in order to assist us, while Hana looks after Sam. We gradually took things out of the storage room, sorting them into packs. Mariam is taken aback by the musical instrument that her mother is holding. Amin notices something that takes his breath away.

"Dude, your mother is really daring," he said, pointing to her bikini and rather nice outfit. That she used to wear. Mariam had a wild idea for how we should spend our weekend.

"Hey guys, I've got an idea, how about we have a runway show here?"

“Huh? "Aren't we supposed to clean this place?!" I'm not interested in that sort of thing, especially with Natalie's unrelenting ramblings about how to dress and how it should look.

"How about it, guys? Honey?” Mariam looks at Amin with puppy eyes, pleading with him to help her. Amin is in the midst of this as I look at him and say to him.

"Whatever, but I'm not in this, but hey!" I see what appears to be a hammock, but nothing beats a peaceful night's sleep on a weekend. Mom appeared from nowhere and agreed with Mariam.

"That is an interesting idea, Mariam, since my stuff is about to be thrown away anyway, I let you handle the stuff" I have a feeling this isn't going to end well for my mental wellbeing. Why can't I get some peace and tranquility this weekend? We were able to clear out some of the things that Mom had kept in the storage unit. While Mariam was rather keen in this, I plan to avoid it and wanted to run from it. Someone tried to hold my shoulder and smile at me as I slowly pull away from them, heading out to my bike to escape.

"Darling," that's Sylvia, and she's staring at me right now. I really don’t care anymore as I jump off and started the bike, while Sylvia tried to stop me, and instantly kick my motorbike. Holy shit!! Its her legs is made of steel?! My bike were thrown off, while Sylvia looking at me like wanted to murder me.

"Don't run away, darling..." Sylvia glared at me while Mariam was with her as she tapped her foot and kicked my head while I was thrown against the wall.

"Good girl, babe, this asshole always runs away when we're supposed to be having fun together."

"Just kill me...asshole..." I just surrender to them while closing my eyes, and they really tie me with a rope while Amin and Hana prepare for the fashion show, and Mom looks at me and explains to me.

"Since you befriended them, our house has become much more lively than before; just get along with them, okay son?" No way in hell am I interested in this stuff again!! The last time I went through the nguduk ngadau, I had a bad dream!!

“Bullshit!! I'm not doing it again!!" I struggled to remove my bind from the chair as my mind went blank. When I awoke again, the place was already set up for the fashion show, and this time Zuan and others were present while I was in a bind. I was wondering what had happened when Zuan spoke to me.

"Dude, you were sleeping while everything was getting ready," I asked of Zuan.

"Hey, dude, what time is it?"

"It's already 4 p.m." I was shocked and horrified, as well as confused. What happened to me in the last four hours? I asked Steward, who was present.

"Hey, Steward?"

"Yeah, big brother Alex?"

"I'm wondering, what happened?"

"Your mother knocked you out." Damn, my own mother did this to me? What the hell is the point of doing this for fun? While they preparing Amin is the emcee and he announce

"Welcome to the weekend fashion show; this is also a gift to those who are interested in purchasing the clothing!!" When I look at them, I'm not sure if this is a fashion show or an auction. While I'm tied to a chair. "Kukuku, don't run away bro, guys help me will ya?" Mariam said as she approached me. Habeeb and Zuan, who were also present, attempted to carry me while Amin spoke to everyone.

"Today's fashion show judges are Alex, Habeeb, and Puan Mas!!" Amin, I'm not interested in this, will you please stop? I was about to say something to everyone when Mariam told me to cover my mouth with a tape.

"Shut up and watch!!" Mariam means business. While I was forced to view and judge. "This little girl wore the cute dress that Alex once wore when her mum wanted him to be a girl," Amin said of the first contestant.

What the fuck since when I wanted that!! Then mom explain to everyone

"Well, when he was only 7 years old, I'd always wanted to have a daughter, so for fun, I forced Alex to wear that cute dress, and he looks soo cute in that dress" mum giggles, go die mom!! What the hell is going on?

Everyone laughed, and mum suddenly showed a photo of me wearing the same dress as Hana, and it was definitely me!! What the heck is happening to my brain?

"Alex looks adorable in a girls' dress!!" Mariam is laughing at me, while the other boys are laughing loudly while holding their stomachs.

“Shit!! This is bloody hilarious." Arie grabbed my shoulder unexpectedly.

"I had no idea you had it in you, bro" shut up asshole, just die already will ya!!

This time I'm really annoyed.

Habeeb raised 10, Mom raised 10, and everyone looked at me. Mom said to me, "Used your legs, we attached it to you already." Holy shit, it's only number 10, how am I supposed to change then? They really forced me to do this on purpose!? I had no choice but to raise the number ten.

"Wow, Hana gets a perfect 10!" Hana beams with delight as she strikes a cute V-sign pose. That is very cute. Amin called the next contestant as she exited the stage.

"This lady is on the lookout for ways to make men bleed." This time it's Priscilla, and she's dressed in a really sexy red dress that belonged to her mother. Habeeb is really into it, and Mom is impressed. Priscilla looks great in her dress. I don't give a shit about it because I'm really pissed off about what they're doing. Mom kicked my legs and forced me to give the result, Habeeb 10, while Mom is 9. When I checked below, I didn't realise someone had changed my points and it was a 9, so I looked at my mom, who was smiling at me. I couldn't help but raise to 9.

"Wow, not bad, it appears the other guys here are losing their minds," I know their carnal desire is burning brightly. Amin called the other contestant, and this time it's Siti, who is dressed properly in a malay dress, which must be my mom's extra dress that she didn't want or care about. Habeeb immediately raises a ten, while Mom raises a 9.5. Amin and the others looked at me, curious about the outcome of the vote. Habeeb suddenly kicked me and said to me

"I'll give you that you're really stuck in the middle of all this..." I couldn't send him a message because my mouth and hand were tied. There is something really wrong with this situation because neither of them notices I'm tied to a chair right now. This time it didn't change, and I gave her a 9.

"It appears that we have some stiff competition here!!" Amin is really thrilled to be an emcee; there is loud music playing while Amin announces while standing in a striking pose.

"Now for the next contestant, the incredible, coolest, and most amazing lady who excites us all!!”

Mariam took the stage while dancing in a hip hop style dress, with glossy lips and sparkling makeup. It's just glitter, stupid!! With her exaggerated dance moves, shorts, and sport shoes, she's basically cute. I'm curious if Natalie will be interested in this if she sees it. Amin is publicising for her.

"This is a simple design with only makeup and that's it!!" What the hell is that statement? You wanted to spotlight her or something?

Arie then kicked my legs and said, "Today is not your lucky day!!" Habeeb then showed a 9.5, while Mom gave her a 10. What in the world is that? This is getting serious, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I suddenly noticed something on my legs, and it's an 8.5. Hey!! You really wanted to use me as cannon fodder here!? I had no choice but to raise the 8.5. Mariam glared at me, and Amin gave me the middle finger. Shit, this is getting serious. As I attempted to escape, Hazlan grabbed my shoulder and said, "Hey, don't run away bro, next is another girl, just sit still got it!?" Hazlan is really into it, but when has Hazlan been here?

"Next is another girl from Long Pasia's deep forest, and she claimed that even jungle girls are cute.”

Tama took the stage, wearing a strip socks and a mini skirt with a rock t shirt that I had previously purchased, but it was something mum had previously worn. There is something wrong with this. Mom gave a ten, Habeeb was forced by Hazlan and Zuan to give a ten, and Miranda kicked my leg.

"You'd better be ready..." Oh shit, this is getting scary. Another ten when I check my legs, what the hell is this? Who in the world did this? Everyone was staring at me and glaring at me. Arie gives me a friendly smile. While one of them was saying to me, "Just raise it..." What a jackass!!

While Amin and others are staring at me, I raise a ten.

"Hey, asshole!!"

"Calm down, everyone!! Let the judge have the final say in this.

Amin then called the final contestant for the show, this time Sylvia, and when she entered, everyone was in awe because she was dressed in the traditional Lun Bawang dress, which made me feel nostalgic. It's funny because when she wore this dress, it reminded me of Frederica when she was alive. Why is it that something about Sylvia reminds me of Natalie and Frederica this time? Mom gives it a 10 while Habeeb gives it a 9. I don't want to know who the hell is kicking or forcing me; I already know the answer and it's a 10, and the show ended while I was being carried to a room with Habeeb and mum. While I was being lifted from the chair, both of them gave me a serious look.

"It appears that your son already has that look at the last contestant..." Habeeb told Mom about my behaviour and reactions to different girls.

"I just want to know Alex, because among all the girls, Sylvia is the one on whom you've always had a crush." "Mom is really into this, what's the point of it all?" It's okay for now, because I haven't had this much fun in a long time, but it appears that I'm already within my expectations, at least I'm happy that now you have two girls in your mind." Does mom want my life to be miserable? "Mom, I'm still young, and I just wanted friends with whom I could talk. This whole wedding or marriage thing is still not what I wanted."

When we examine the ratings results,

Hana 10, 10 ,10

Siti 10, 9.5, 9

Priscilla 10, 9, 9

Mariam 9.5, 10, 8.5

Tama 9,10,10

Sylvia 9 ,10,10

We decide to categories the section so it will be fair for everyone

For sports and Casual design

Hana Tama Mariam

For dress design

Sylvia Priscilla Siti

When that's done, Habeeb approaches me and says, "Hey Alex, you are one lucky bastard, I hope you survived the night because the guys outside are really going for blood." Habeeb is sneering at me, but Mom is smiling.

"The other girls really aren't going to be satisfied. Mom is engrossed in some interaction. I was able to escape while we were out together. I was unable to ride my bike, so I had to walk and leave my house. I leave for the bush, a place where I can be myself. I sat in the tree that Sylvia and I had climbed before. I felt completely out of place, as if I didn't deserve it. And sat there on the tree branch, gazing up at the sky. I just wanted to see Natalie again. I could hear a loud uproar coming from my house, and some of the boys appear to be looking for me. I realised I was extremely sleepy and fell asleep on a tree branch.

I had a strange dream in which Natalie was walking with a guy and Naomi was walking with another girl. It must be Mika because Naomi told me about having a little sister when I was with Damien, but this is a strange dream, as if it wanted me to do something about it. Darrel will then speak with me.

"When are you going to make a decision, kid?" I was unable to communicate with him; I'm not sure why.

"Always the silent kid eh, not many kids could call themselves homies, especially in Compton," I couldn't interact, but I tried to approach him.

"I'll lend you a bit of what I gave you kid, but please forgive of me, got it?" I just nodded at him as he began to walk into the light.

This time I'm looking at a familiar location: Long Pasia, the lake where I'm residing with Frederica. I stand there gazing at the lake's reflection and I'm the same, but someone called me that I always yearn for.

"Are you still the loud-mouthed monkey?" It's Frederica!! I wanted to hug her as tears streamed down my cheeks, but she smiled and pushed me away.

"Uh uh, did you promise me? You say you'll show me the world." Her smile shaken my heart, and she suddenly pointed to it.

"This heartbeat, this blood that flows is my gift to you, don't lose it." I wanted to talk to her, but all I could do was listen. I was curious whether she knew all of this was going to happen, as she wrote in her diary.

"Family idiot!! You've got a family!! "Take care of your family!!" Frederica smiled at me, and I was pushed away as I noticed her dancing in the empty space. When I open my eyes, it's already sunset, and I realise it was all a dream, a rather strange dream to say the least. I make my way down from the tree, hoping that the stupid festival will be over soon. When I arrived, there was no one there, and everything was quiet as if nothing had happened. I look around, but there is no one here. The house is still empty, as it was before. I sat there, staring up at the sky, wondering what had happened. Then another voice addressed me.

"Do you still believe you've woken up, stupid?" Is this still a nightmare? Is it possible that I'm still sleeping? "Come'ere, you idiot!!" laughs Frederica as she waves at me. I followed her as she showed me something from my house, but it wasn't from here, but from Long Pasia. Where I saw a younger version of myself. I was playing with my parents, and someone from behind my house, Frederica, was staring at me, wondering what was going on.

I suddenly realise that this is the time when I remember how I get along with people, when my once bright self was laughing and talking to them as if nothing else mattered. I was the cheerful one, the one who embraces my goofy side. The vision then abruptly shifts to a time when I was killed by a buffalo, and Frederica collapses from the ground as mum gathers her with me.

“Frederica…”

"I'm dying anyway, so please save Alex for me." When I look inside the hospital, I notice Frederica crying in her bed. Queen Elizabeth Hospital is the name. After that, horrified myself, her own body was mutilated in order to transfer to my body. I, like Frankenstein, couldn't believe it. Frederica died at that precise moment.

I kneel, begin to cry, and Frederica places her hand on my shoulder, only smiling and saying to me.

"You'd come a long way, just wake up and stop being stupid for a change!!" When I awoke, I was still at the tree, and it was still daytime. I could hear noises coming from the house, so I went downstairs and slowly entered my house. I had the strangest dream, and it could have been about Frederica's past. When I get to the back of my house. While Mom is waiting for me, they have yet to announce the winner. Did I fall asleep for a second? I could have convinced myself that I had slept for at least an hour.

"Are you finally coming back, Alex?" Mom appears to have learned something from me.

"We're waiting for the winners' results.”

Amin is about to make an announcement, and all of the contestants are gathered at the podium.

Hana won best casual dress, and Sylvia won best dress. Everyone is rooting for them, so Mom invited everyone to dinner. Since I met all of them, my mother has always hosted this type of social gathering, that was not something I particularly liked.

Tama tells Slyvia that she will not follow any religion because she is unsure of what she believes. What is this feeling I get when Sylvia starts talking to people around her? Am I starting to feel envious? During this big commotion, I suddenly felt pressured not to get involved, Mariam and Amin are having a good time. What exactly is this sensation? It disgusts me greatly. Is it because I didn't care about it before I had that strange dream that I started to recognise my surroundings? Dammit, just stop it!! While they were chatting to each other, I realised that I was the one who didn't want to talk to them.

That's it, I don't want to feel this way; the only person I could ask is Mr Hawk himself. I meet with Mom and request about her phone.

"What exactly is going on?" Mom ponders, and I explain that I need to speak with Mr Hawk.

I took the phone, and thankfully, Mom had saved Mr Hawk's phone number. I dialled his number until he answered.

"It's been a while, Puan Mas!"

"Hello, Mr Hawk, this is Alex."

"Alex!!, do you want to talk to Nat?"

"Maybe later because I need to speak with Mr Hawk about something."

"All right...is it something personal?"

"Yeah" "Nat, I need to get some fresh air"

"Got it, dad," Natalie is always close by. I'm also going somewhere private.

"Alright, Alex, what's going on?"

"Mr Hawk, you did explain about dreams and visions before."

“Yeah?”

"What if I saw something from someone else's memory?"

Mr Hawk did not respond right away and began humming to himself.

“Ummm…

Did you see something that made you yearn for someone?"

“Yeah…”

"Tell me, Alex.”

I tell you about Frederica and my story from the time I first met her until her death, including the dreams I had just now. Mr Hawk fell silent again, this time in an odd way. Only to hear him murmur, "Don't tell me, Puan Mas..." I swear he said something about mom.

"Mr Hawk?" I swear he's keeping something from me again.

“Ah!! It's nothing to do with the dream, Alex; this is just my own observation based on your story. Remember the spirit of the souls? If a lingering spirit wants something before passing on, it will stay until you are worthy of its spirit. It appears to be heretical because of your own faith, but it appears that as your own spirit weakens, it will trigger and either protect or abuse you. But this is only one theory; I will send you a dreamcatcher to hang on your own bed, Alex, and if you could change your normal room and find a new place for you to sleep." That sounds insightful because of Mr Hawk's knowledge.

“Alex… "It appears that the name I gave you, Cheveyo, is exactly right, kid."

"Uh, yeah... seems so."

"I heard from Nat that you were a playboy, eh?" oh shit!! Mr Hawk is going to be upset.

"Nah, don't worry about it because I know you'll get through this until you 're older; in the meantime, just be a kid, okay?"

"Got it"

"Treat it like a vision, kid, and don't take it seriously."

"Thank you, Mr Hawk."

"Would you like to talk with Nat?"

“yeah”

He yelled at Natalie and handed her the phone, saying, "Hello?"

"Love you..."

“Alex? What exactly is going on? "Are you all right?”

"Yeah, I just wanted to ask your father a question about native Americans." I had to keep it to myself because I didn't want Natalie to have another nervous breakdown.

"Are you having a good time?"

“Huh?” She must believe that I enjoy talking to girls.

"I mean, Mar told me about a lot of things you did in school, especially with the girls."

"uh...yeah, but I don't really care because I just wanted friends, not just girls."

"Yeah, I realised something, when my heart started racing and I had this strong uneasy feeling, I either got a call or I'm going to call."

"Yeah, pretty strange, huh..hahahaha"

"At least I know you have feelings for me; I thought you were seeing other girls?”

"I don't want to think like that because receiving that kind of treatment would've been self centred of myself."

"Alex, do you remember what I said about not being alone?"

“Yeah?”

"If you do something crazy or stupid again, I will definitely take you back under my watchful eye because I can't bear the thought of you getting hurt again."

“Hey!! I've got it!! Don't worry about anything, okay?"

"All right, fine, I had to hang up due to being too busy with my research."

"Yeah, see you later, Nat."

“Alex…?”

“Yeah?”

"I miss you." Nat, you have no idea how much I miss you.

"Yeah, me too," she said as she hung up, and I realised that every time I talk to her, I feel a lot better. My true happiness is always with her. When I return back and handed over the phone to mom, she suddenly asked me.

“Did you manage to talk to Mr Hawk?” I had to lie to her about what have happen, I don’t want her to find out that there is something wrong with me.

“Yeah I did, just wanted to asked about native Americans”

“Oh really that is something”

Mariam suddenly hold my shoulder and drag me out with them, while having fun with them. Sylvia is hanging around with Steward while Siti is having a challenge with Priscilla. Maybe this is what family is all about when Frederica talk about it. 

0