Volume 1 Chapter 9: Troublesome Shizuka
67 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saying and thinking all that, I turned back to Shizuka, whose current expression is a mixture of shock, surprise, disbelief, acceptance, and a little bit of jealousy which is surprisingly directed at Saeko and not me.
Giving Shizuka some time to digest all that, I clapped my hands gathering both of their attention on me.
"Okay, now that we have collected everything of importance here," I said looking at the bag on Saeko's shoulder, containing the lightweight medical supplies I asked her to gather. I continued, "Now, it's time to leave. But before that, we need to arrange a vehicle as we will be needing it to get out of here."
Hearing my question, Saeko has a thinking look on her face while Shizuka has a cheeky smile on her as she said, "Hehe, how about my car?"
Not knowing how Shizuka's car is, I turned to Saeko who was looking at Shizuka with a thinking face as she asked Shizuka, "Miss Shizuka, is your car large enough to fit the three of us?"
"Hmm, now that you mention it. No, it isn't." Shizuka said with a realizing look on her face as she let out her tongue in a childish manner, trying to play as an airhead.
"Okay. So, do we have any other option?" I asked them.
Thinking a little, Saeko asked Shizuka, "How about the school bus that school sports clubs use to travel to the game venues?"
"Hmm," Shizuka hummed in thinking.
"It is large enough to carry a group of thirty people. But the only problem is the key." Saeko said and then looked at Shizuka. At this, both of us looked at Shizuka, who blinked her eyes in surprise upon noting us looking at her.
"Miss Shizuka, do you know the school bus’s key location?" Saeko pressed her for answers.
"Ah! The key to the school bus. Yes, I know. They should be in the staff room if I remember correctly." Shizuka replied after thinking hard.
"Okay, then. Our next goal is the staff room. After taking the school bus keys, we will get out of this school as soon as possible while saving as many trusted people as possible." I told them and received two nods in return.
"Saeko, you will be in front of me on your right. You will guide us to the staff room." I said to Saeko, taking the bag from her. Then turning to Shizuka I continued, "Shizuka, you will be in the middle, protected by both of us as you will be carrying this bag, and don't worry it only contains the light stuff so as not to hinder your speed." I assured her.
Giving them some time to prepare, I said, "Ready?"
"Hmm"
"Ready."
"Okay, Saeko, if you please," I asked Saeko. To which she replied with a nod and then the three of us left the infirmary with the staff room being our next destination.
Getting out of the infirmary, we didn't find any still-alive zombies; only dead zombies were there, which I killed earlier. The three of us didn't even bat an eye at the gore scene and left the place under Saeko's guidance.
On our way, we met a lot of inactive zombies, zombies that were doing nothing, just standing there not even moving. As I looked at them, their behavior reminded me of the zombies from the movie series called Resident Evil. In those movies, the zombies were the result of a bio-weapon created by a biotech company named Umbrella. The early-generation zombies that were shown in those movies only react to sound and when there is no sound they tend to go into an inactive mode, not moving or doing anything else to preserve their energy so that they can survive for the longest time possible.
Thinking about this, I decided to do something to test my theory. I picked up a pair of shoes that I found laying on the floor. Picking it up, I looked at the girls who were looking at me with question marks on their faces. I replied with my finger on my lips, gesturing to them not to create any sound.
Receiving nods from them, I looked into the classroom through a door a little in front of us. Checking it out, as I didn't see any survivor in them I threw the shoes in it, aiming at a chair.
With my throw, the shoes entered the class and collided with the chair creating a crashing sound that echoed in the empty hallway. The moment the inactive zombies heard the crashing sound, their demeanor took a 180° turn, they all started to growl like hungry animals and run in the direction of the crashed site.
Setting things in motion, I gestured to Saeko and Shizuka to observe my next action. Getting a nod from them, I got ready and a zombie was about to rush past us. I deliberately crossed its path as I focused on not creating any sound as I did that. The results were as I expected, the zombies didn't even notice me crossing its path as it continued running in the direction of the sound.
A few moments later, after all the zombies entered the class and the hallway became empty. I moved near the girls, both of whom had shocked faces on their faces at what they just saw.
"Did you notice that?" I asked them. Both of them nodded, and then Shizuka said, "These zombies only react to sound, and when there is no sound they tend to go into inactive mode."
Shizuka has a serious thinking expression as she said all this. But when she ended her monologue and noticed us looking at her, she started to act like an air-head showing us an innocent face.
Looking at her, I smiled as I said, "Yes, your conclusion is right. I am impressed that you deducted all that with that simple demonstration of mine."
"Hehe, It was just a fluke,” Shizuka said, not admitting how smart she is.
“It’s okay. I understand that you don’t trust me, which is understandable as it hasn’t been an hour since we met each other for the first time.” I said, giving her an assuring smile. Then I continued, “take your time, I will not pressure you in any way. But I hope that one day, you can put your full trust in me. Allowing me to see the real you.” I said the last part in a low voice, only high enough for her to hear me. This is apparent as her eyes widened in surprise for a second before going back to how they were before.
“Let’s go,” I said and then we resumed our walk to the staff room. Then as we continue walking, the number of zombies we encounter starts increasing. So not having any other way available, we start killing them to make a way for ourselves to walk through them. I covered the right as Saeko covered the left and both of us covered Shizuka from both sides, as we made quick work of the zombies by using sharp & quick trust to their heads and necks that ended their lives quickly.
After killing twenty more zombies, we reached a gate leading to the school grounds, which also works as a shortcut to the other end of the building which is of U shape. We are currently in the middle of one side of the U while the staff room is on the other end of the U. Thus we need to cross the school ground to reach the entrance on the other side of the building.
"There are two problems in front of us," I said, attracting the attention of the two girls. "The first one is that the school grounds are filled with a lot of zombies," I said as I looked at them.
"But it is not as much of a problem as the second one, right?" Saeko asked me. I nodded, but Shizuka has a genuine question mark on her face as she has no idea about the second problem we are talking about.
At this, both Saeko and I looked at her as I said, " Shizuka, our second problem is you-"
"What? How can I be a problem?!"
Shizuka panicked on hearing my starting words and cut me off mid-sentence. Sighing at her acting, I looked at her and said in a serious voice, "Shizuka."
At this, Shizuka straightened her back on hearing my serious voice. Noticing that I have her attention, I continued, "Just like I said before, I understand that you don't trust me. But can you please stop with your acting? it is going overboard, and you don't need to act in front of two of us as we already know that you are acting to be air-head, only to protect yourself from the people with malicious intentions towards you. which you don't need to, at least when one of us is with you. As you already know we have no malicious intentions toward you as we already have our chance back at the infirmary to do whatever we wanted to do with you. So, be at ease as both of us have no intention of harming and abandoning you. Nod your head if you understand." I asked her, she nodded her head.

Hi readers, I found some time today. So, here is the chapter.

Also, Two new audiobook video is coming up a few minutes after this chapter is released. One will of this book and other one will of the Harry Potter Fanfic.

Again, I have uploaded the Prologue of the new version of this story on my Patreon.

Go and check it out if you want to see it in advance, as it will only be available here & on Scribblehub after I have uploaded all the chapters of book.

Patreon link is given at the end of the chapter.

Youtube channels link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGkTP84VTswUKdggIUGbJ2Q

Chapter-wise - Journey of Void Survivor Playlist Link - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc3us9StiaOlTVDv-1bbIbna0fhCBoKWv

I have also stacked up some chapters, check them out on my Patr eon.

15+ Advance chapters for 15💲of this book alone on my Patreon: If you are interested, then check my Pat reon:

Pat reon link -> https://www.patr eon.com/Iekami_Sama_1126

Just don't forget to remove the space before using it.

Lastly, Thank you *Siddarth Ravi* for becoming a Patreon.

[/author ]

4