Laros 01: – New World
333 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Will sighed, feeling uncomfortable after another tiring day at work- He had just taken a warm bath to relax his tired muscles, his blond hair was still wet when he turned to look at his phone- A new game was recently released and he was interested in playing! He bought it and already had it installed on his pod, he just ate something before lying on it- 

[Welcome-]

"Skip." He didn't want to have an introduction to all this, he'll make a character and think about what he wants to do before exploring this world's history and lore. He went ready into the character creation and began looking through the available races... They were all really interesting, but he chose the [Human] race because out the +5 to all stats, +10 to a stat he wanted, and an extra skill from a class that he wanted. "Now... Classes." He quickly read through a guide on the net and learned that you could get basic classes from the starting city of Avakty of the Human Empire of X'yalith, these starting classes could be upgraded into more advanced ones... Interesting. 

He pondered for a moment which classes he liked to play- Mages and Clerics, so he'll go with them. Magic is something fun that he likes to work with, so he'll do just that! Healing is also essential, he isn't that good with combat but he learned the art of the fighting cleric that can keep healing itself and fighting, which is crazily funny to play around with. As the light shone upon his eyes, he blinked and found himself in the only starting great city- Avakty. It was a large and beautiful city, full of life, laugh, and love in the air... His character name was a simple Laros, which is an anagram of his mother's mother name, Rosal, which he dearly loved. 'Hm...' he didn't change much of his appearence, so it was stil the same plain golden hair and blue eyes, he was still on his tall 6'3, broad shoulders and muscular frame.

He liked his body.

"Now... Where's the temple at..." From the community posts that the players spread, he learned that to become a Mage, you'd need first to go through apprenticeship with a Mage NPC and do some quests before unlocking the class, while the starting [Acolyte] class was easily gotten, just go to any temple and ask to join- Now, about the Gods, there were some. The big ones were:

Bryn, God of Sight and Righteousness.

Analphym, God of Potential and Uncertainty.

Evayne, Goddess of Relief and Reincarnation.

Cuvialtevve, Goddess of the Skies and Storms.

Ageaphyk, Goddess of Nature and Life.

Seanus, God of the Sea and Love.

Dwarn, Goddess of Creativity and Invention.

Everlight, God of Light and Time.

And Gran-Hörfax, God of Protection and Duty.

You could potentially become a priest for any of these Gods, but as an [Acolyte] you start with basic spells, two in fact, the [Minor Heal] and [Light Bolt], the first can heal a small amount of HP while the second one deals Radiant damage to an enemy while marking them with a light, once the enemy is hit again by an attack, that light explodes and deals an extra amount of damage! Laros smiled when he got the [Acolyte] class, to upgrafe this class to the classic [Priest] he had to heal a bunch of people and do church work, but as a priest he'd get access to the Church's library where he can learn more spells and skills that will help him! He quickly went to the starter leveling grounds of Avakty, where slimes could be found. He, thankfully, had gottem a [Identifying Glass] from the NPC at the church as his starting gear- in fact, he looked at his stats: 

Name: Laros Lovelight
Age: 20
Race: Human 
Class: [Acolyte lvl 1]
Lvl: 01
Titles: 

[HP: 25/25] (Con 5×)
[SP: 25/25] (End 5×)
[MP: 75/75] (Int 5×)

Equipment: 
Head: Acolyte Headband (+1 Magical Defense)
Chest: Acolyte Garb (+2 Physical Defense)
Legs: Starting Adventurer Leggings (+2 Physical Defense)
Feet: Starting Adventurer Boots (+1 Physical Defense)
Main Weapon: Acolyte Staff (+5 Wisdom)
Second Weapon: Starting Adventurer Dagger (+2 Dexterity, Basic Damage)

Money: 
Copper: 100
Silver: 
Gold: 
Platinum: 

Stats: 
(+5 All: Human)
Extra Stat Points: 0 - (+5 Per lvl)

Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Constitution: 5
Dexterity: 5 (+2)
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 5 (+5)
Charisma: 5
Willpower: 5
Luck: 5
Perception: 5

Skill List: 

Racial Skills: 
[Racial Bonus: +10% EXP, +5 in all stats, +10 on chosen Stat.]
[Human Ingenuity]: You can learn a skill from a different class than your own, however, it must be from the same category. 
(Acolyte - Caster Category)

Active Skills:
[Minor Heal lvl 1: Restoration 
Heals minor wounds - Maximum heal of 50 HP
Cost: 10 MP
Cooldown: 10 Seconds]

[Light Bolt lvl 1: Destruction 
Deals 50 [(Wis ×5) to a max of 50] of Radiant Damage and marks enemy, upon a second attack, the mark is consumed and an additional 50.
Cost: 20 MP
Cooldown: 1 Minute]

Passive Skills:
[Human Language lvl Max]

See? Basic stuff, at least his damaging skill is maxed! "If I'm not wrong..." He looked at a slime and began the process of casting the [Light Bolt] spell, which was a simple movement of his fingers trailing the air before a golden line followed his movements for a moment before being condensed and shot forth, missing the slime- He waited and confirmed his assumption. This game was manual! The system didn't help the aiming nor did it help the players fight, they had to learn alone! "Well, at least that'll be more fun!" His aim was shitty, but he was able to use his [Acolyte Staff] to whack some slimes and used the [Sarting Adventurer Dagger] to stab the slimes and kill them, when he was up close he didn't have to aim the [Light Bolt], but once it hit he was able to easily kill a slime with two hits. He didn't have to use his [Identifying Glass] on the slimes because there was a community on the forum for the game with a lot of stats from some different monsters here- The game was recently lauched so there weren't many stats there yet, but the starting monsters and dungeons were available! 

"But my [Light Bolt] is from the Destruction School of Magic huh?" There were different schools of magic in which magic itself was categorized in- Destruction, Restoration, Illusion, Evocation, Abjuration, Alteration, Necromancy, and Divination. Therr was also Order and Chaos, but these were just rumors, there hasn't been any player that knows a spell from that school yet, so there's no proof of its existence. 'These look interesting...' In the end, he managed to get another 50 Copper coins dropping from the slimes, a few slime drops and leveled up 5 times, bringing him to 6 and getting 30 extra stat points since he gor 5 per level.

"Hey, you, hottie Acolyte-" He turned around when a young voice called out to him, he saw what he believed was a Half-Elf carrying a bow, a Half-Orc carrying a long sword, and a small Dwarthonias carrying a crossbow, the same Dwarn that called him out spoke once again: "Wanna join our party? We kinda need a healer right now, we're going to explore the Slime Dungeon!" Ah, a dungeon? Sure, why not?

And so started the adventure of Laros Lovelight, little did he know the impact he would have in this wonderful new world.

13