Chapter 1: The World of Gundam
939 16 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the ending credits began I used my remote to pause the movie and then head back to the main page of Netflix.

Only one thought on my mind.

Bad.

The movie I just watched was bad.

As to what movie I'm referring to its Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway.

A movie from Tomino's popular Gundam franchise.

This particular film featured the grown up son of Bright Now from the original Mobile Suit Gundam series, Hathaway Noa.

But like I just said I didn't care for it at all.

Not one bit.

Usually Gundam movies are a little bit better than what I just watched, but Gundam: Hathaway hit all the low bars.

There was little to no action, and basically just a bunch of pointless bullshit if you ask me.

Someone dropped the ball on the film.

Oh but where are my manners? Before we continue allow me to introduce myself.

The name is Alex.

And ever since I was little I've loved the Gundam franchise.

The first one I watched was Gundam Seed. Both the first anime and Seed: Destiny.

Once I did I soon became hooked on all things Gundam.

I soon found myself reading all Gundam related manga, reading all novels, creating some of my own Gundam fanfiction, and of course watching all the Gundam series.

Yes I am a Gundam fanboy and I'm not afraid to admit that.

I'm also not afraid to admit that I think the way the Universal Century timeline was handled was horrible in several regards.

In just about every other Gundam franchise from Seed to 00 things ended on a relatively good note.

At least in my opinion.

I also think the new series that just came out, Witch From Mercury, will also end on a relatively good note.

By the way I totally ship Suletta x Miorine.

It looks like even Gundam has discovered the awesome power that is yuri.

But back to my main point.

After watching the original series and seeing the end of the One Year War I thought things in the Universal Century would take a turn towards something better.

I was wrong.

So wrong it's not even funny.

Because after Universal Century 0079 the people of the UC timeline just end up in one conflict after another.

Gryps conflict, Two Neo Zeon Wars, the Cosmic Babylonia clusterfuck in the F91 film, the Same case Empire in the darkest Gundam to date Victory Gundam, and then eventually a total collapse of the Federation throwing the entire Earth Sphere into chaos.

After watching and reading the events of the Universal Century timeline I stopped looking for happy endings within it and became numb to all the bullshit.

Releasing a sigh I used my remote and decided to watch the Gundam movies on Netflix focused on the Universal Century.

I watched the first three films that detailed the events of the main series, and I watched Chars Counterattack.

The last of which soured my attitude toward the Universal Century even more.

I mean what the fuck is wrong with Char/Cassval?

That guy is so wish washy.

He goes from a truly badass revenge getting Sausuke Uchiha in the original series to a cool older brother figure/mentor yo Kamille in Zeta. But then he goes back to being insane during Counterattack and instead of taking the Federations deal to allow him and his followers to live in peace and bang the hot women literally throwing herself at him he instead chooses to spend the film pining over Quess, who is barely legal and a spoiled brat, as well as brood over Amuro.

Let's not even talk about the colony drop which served no other purpose than to kill billions of people.

Yep, Char is crazy with a capital C.

Despite this the guy is still one of my favorite characters of the Universal Century timeline.

I just wished he'd handled shit better than he did.

I mean given he is Zeon Zum Deikuns son he could've made his father's dream a reality and gained independence for all spacenoids.

But no.

Because of bullshit things didn't turn out that way.

Oh and don't even get me started on the fact that Newtypes were never truly recognized in the UC timeline.

Despite the fact both the Federation and Zeon employed Newtypes in battle time and time again. As well as created Cyber Newtypes as well.

Yeah, basically the Universal Century is one giant dumpster fire.

Releasing another sigh I followed it up with a yawn.

After doing so I looked at the clock on the television screen and noticed was said 3AM.

Which means it's time for bed.

Turning off the tv I went to my room and climbed right into bed, falling straight asleep.

Having no idea at the time I was about to start on a journey I could only have dreamed of before.

-----------------------------------

Looking out the window of my bedroom I focused on the tall building within my line of sight.

As well as the Earth floating in the distance.

It's me, Alex.

So to make a long story short I seemed to have died and been reborn.

Or at least something along those lines.

Because the night after I fell alseep after watching those Gundam films focused on the Universal Century I woke up as a baby.

Yeah, a baby.

At first I thought I was having some crazy dream.

But as more time passed I realized that wasn't the case.

My old life as Alex was over, and I was now living a new life.

But that's not even the half of it.

First things first.

I have been reborn in an anime world.

And not just any anime world, but the world of Mobile Suit Gundam.

Specifically the Universal Century timeline.

My birthday being October 13th, UC 0059. Making me the same age as Casval/Char.

Which I'm sure is not a coincidence.

Second, there is me.

Specifically my appearance and name.

I look like a young Slaine Troyard from the anime Aldnoah Zero. Not only that but my name is Slaine Troyard as well.

So not only do I look like Slaine but my name is Slaine as well.

Yeah.

Whatever being or force sent me here really has an interesting sense of humor.

But it's not all bad.

At least I will be handsome in the future.

Since when I watched Aldnoah Zero in my last life I found Slaine didn't look bad at all.

He was actually rather handsome.

And I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit that.

But let's move on.

Currently I am five years old and the year is UC 00064.

Which means in another fifteen years the One Year War will begin kick-starting the multiple conflicts that take up the last quarter of the first century of the Universal Century and beyond.

At least it would.

But now that I'm here things won't turn out the same.

The thing is I'm a spacenoid.

My home is on the Lunar City Granada.

And let me just say since I've been living I've seen first hand just how much shit the Federation flings at those of us born in space.

Thankfully I've never experienced such horrors but I've seen it and it makes me so disgusted it's not even funny.

That's why I've already decided to bitch slap the Federation in the future and give Spacenoids true autonomy.

Besides, just staying on the side lines wouldn't be fun at all.

That's why I'll do things my own way.

Look out Universal Century Slaine Troyard is coming.

Oh what fun this is going to be.

-------------------------------

Authors Note: So yeah, after looking at Gundam fanfiction I found there were no good Universal Century self inserts, so I decided to make one.

But be prepared because the UC timeline is massive with so many moving parts.

Not to mention all the butterfly effects my MC is going to cause.

As for his appearance, I thought it fit given Aldnoah Zero is also a mecha/space anime.

So yeah, stay tuned.

29