Interlude B: Party 2
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyrica blinked. This was weird. This was the room where she usually woke up but only Leannan was before h- wait, no. That’s not the issue. How was she even here? She had died. To Zurah of all people, she had died. Burned by Zurah in a sacrificial ritual to summon her wild goddess, Lyrica had died. And yet, here she was. Fine and alive. She should be dead. In the afterlife, enjoying damnation or being bored in paradise but she was back at the party at the Dominus’s. Great. This was great. Not to mention, without Y’yr there should be no resets. And yet… 

“Yes, odd, isn’t it? I wonder how.” Leannan said reading the confused look on Lyrica’s face.

Ignoring Leannan, Lyrica asked: “So, what’s you do this time?”

“With you? I let you live. The issue is, you’re like Zurah now, apparently. I left the other you at home.”

“Oh? This is getting odd even without the reset mystery.”

"Exactly. Whatever happened will likely happen again." Leannan said walking around to lean on Lyrica’s chair.

"Thought once we got past the usual date, something might change. But barely four months on, we have a reset." Lyrica complained, leaning away from Leannan’s very pointy elbow.

"Yes. And from what I gathered from spying on your old boss, she and Zurah are as baffled as I am."

"So, Lea, what's the plan?"

"Well, I want to set things up next time- so I just need you to fuck with the others."

"Not trying to win?”

“No point if it all goes… poof, right?”

“I suppose.”

“Yes. So, fuck around hard this time.”

“Fine. But if I’m doubled, can you change me reset time?”

“To when?”

“Whenever Brio gets sent to the capital now. And please don’t kill the other me.”

“Why?”

“It would be nice to see a me that isn’t haunted by a thousand years of resets.”

“Yeah, the other you for some reason has yet to come out. And that’s with Lara.”

“I was very stupid to be fair. Ignoring that, how’s the others then?”

“Well, I plan on giving Lara the ability to remember resets next time. Use the other Lara for that. And Brio is… annoying me with his steadfastness towards being the High Defender. He could easily be a Captain of a squadron of Mage Knights and do something useful, but no.”

“And Deidre?”

“Dating Lara, once again.”

“Okay but Lyre?”

“Did you really just call the other you by your dead name?”

“If they don’t want to be Lyrica yet, why bless them with my name?”

“They’re friendly with them both but way more focused on the academy. Always talking about how they need to keep themself busy. I seriously, miss you. How did the old fuck keep people consistent.”

“By not going overboard like you do. Keep the changes simple so fate doesn’t push back. You’re a Blessed not an actual goddess.”

“Yes. I suppose I am.”

“So, why isn’t Brio at the party?”

“Sent myself. Decided I should be the official Rune User.”

“And who came with you?”

“No one. I don’t need someone to watch me, unlike your brother.

“Oh. Well, want to go and enjoy the party while we’re here?”

“Greatly. And the Zurah here isn’t ours, so no worries.”

“Thank twins. I did not want to be sacrificed again.”

“I doubt she’d have the tools ready now, Lyrica.”

“Let’s just go get drunker than Deidre.”

Leannan nodded, “Lead the way, stranger.”

Lyrica shook her head and the two went out to enjoy the party.

1