War of Observation
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

NAMJOON

It looked like what Jungkook said was true. The tattooed guy wasn't the brightest when it came to most things. But when it came to his excitement for tyranny, he could be freakishly resourceful and motivated. Which made him incredibly useful. But like everyone else he had his shortcomings. Jungkook's was his persistent paranoia. His most recent paranoid drivel consisted of his distrust in Yoongi these days. Taehyung's was his disinterest in getting his hands dirty- literally. Yoongi...well it was less obvious but for now I'd pin it on laziness. 

I propped up my chin while sliding my hands into the pockets of my black hoodie. The way those two stopped in their tracks. It brought a smile to my face.

The guy, Kim Seokjin took a step forward, partially blocking the girl like a shield. I scoffed. Man, this guy still pisses me off. His sickening altruism and all its chivalry--it made me sick. Was he gonna stand in the way of my plans from here on out? And I thought Taehyung said she was a loner. I don't recall these two ever hanging out, but then again I don't bother with school most days.

"Oh, Jinie, it's you!" I acknowledged. As expected Jin made an annoyed expression. He better be irritated, it's the least he can do for interrupting my plan. "That's a nice shirt you got! Though, its hard to see behind the sling," I chuckled loudly. It wasn't intentional but I couldn't help it. The idiot obviously wanted to punch me in the face. But he won't do it. Pathetic.

The pretty boy sighed. "Thanks. We'll see you around." He took the girl, Yurim's hand and attempted to get around me. But no one was walking away until I decided it was okay.

"Uh-uh," I side stepped quickly to get in front of them. "How can you both walk away so soon? I'm just tryna socialize with my classmates." Only two feet remained in between. I zoomed in on their hands that were locked together tightly. Huh, was the tiny thing that scared? This is what happens when you try to take a swing at me, you bitch.

Jin looked like he was refraining from saying something. "Yurim's parents expect her home at a certain time. We can't stay and socialize. Maybe next time." His voice was empty.

"Ah, what a shame. Yurim was the one I really wanted to see." I tried to peek around Jin at Yurim but meddlesome guy shifted over. "I guess I'll just have to catch her at another time won't I?" I raised my eyebrows at him. The muscles in his jaws tensed, his eyes careful not to meet mine or he might break out of his white knight image. I smiled, satisfied. "Look out for me," I said under my breath. I spat on the ground in front of them before swaggering off.

Not too long after passing them, I looked back to find the little brat looking back at me. Her face distorted with concern. I gave a crooked smile then shook my fingers that formed the shape of a gun towards her. "Pah," I whispered.

I carried on my way with a satisfied grin. She had no idea what was coming to her. And then something flashed at the corner of my eye.

I stopped in my tracks.

When I looked to my right, there was a dark alley. I thought I saw something glimmer in the blackness but saw nothing now. No movement no matter how long I stared. Huh...I guess not.

YURIM

"Geez, what a persistent guy." I breathed once we were out of earshot. "Don't they have better things to do than to harass people?"

"Have they been harassing you?" Seokjin spoke fast. His eyes were so full of worry that I almost regretted mentioning it.

I hesitated. "Well, I mean they haven't really done anything terrible. For the most part they were just trying to annoy me or get me into trouble. It's really nothing." But Seokjin didn't look convinced.

"I don't know...Namjoon is pretty ruthless. Especially just now, he had a weird look in his eyes." Seokjin's eyes were staring ahead but they were distant. I wish he hadn't needed to stick up for me, but to be honest I'm kind of glad he did. Who knows what trouble my mouth could've got me in? "Seems like he hasn't changed since middle school. He gets kind of crazy when he feels like he doesn't have the upper hand. I had to fight myself from retorting him."

"Ohh, I would've loved it if you did!" I imagined Seokjin spitting the best comebacks ever and humiliating Namjoon so bad that he and his friends would finally leave me alone. "Someone needs to teach him a lesson."

Seokjin shook his head with pity. "That's just it though. He doesn't learn anything. He never learns. Every time he feels like he's losing, something just snaps in him and he lashes out. He doesn't backdown until he's satisfied. If I said what I wanted to say, who knows how he could've reacted? And whether or not he would've hurt you."

My heart melted as I stared at him in wonder. First of all, it was amazing that he seemed to understand people so well. He knew so little about me but was able to understand me so quickly. And now he seemed to understand someone as unpleasant as Namjoon. And then there was his kind consideration for my safety. I then looked to our hands that were still holding each other. Our unpleasant encounter actually made me so tense that letting go hadn't even occurred to me. But Seokjin wasn't letting go either.

Then, as if he read my mind, "I hope you don't mind if I hold on until we reach your house. Just to be safe."

"I don't mind. Thank you." I smiled. Just then a loud motorcycle zoomed past us along the road. The revving engine make me jump and squeeze his hand tighter. "Omo! That scared me! Ah, what a bad time to make a racket!" I raised my fist at the speeding biker which brought a smile back on Seokjin's face. I chuckled with him, glad to see him relax a bit.

Eventually we did reach my house. He even walked me all the way to the stairs on the side of the building where I could reach my family's apartment. Our hands finally parted.

"Thank you again for the unnamed brownie sundae." We both laughed. "And thank you for looking out for me. There's few who do, so it really means a lot."

He nodded. "Contact me if you run into any trouble or need anything, okay? I'll see you at school on Monday."

I nodded in kind and made my way up the stairs, checking every now and again to see if he was still there. When I got to the door, I waved down at him. He waved back. With that last glance I tried my best to memorize every detail of his face. Especially his warm eyes and soft smile. Maybe then I'll get to dream of him.

0