nightmare
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mono was just a naive kid surviving in this nightmarish world.He was just 8 when he learned how to survive. Unfortunately or fortunately he has no memories of his past parents or his family. He remembered quite clearly when he woke up on cold floor of cardboard. He remembered how he walked in a tall building with stranger letters on it. Once again he could not understand them as he could not read or write.

Mono was naive to think someone would be there for him if he asked for helped.
Mono remembered clearly his first encounter with it,an 'adult' what he called it because of the it's big size. It has big arms and small legs.it seems like his face was twisted into smile while his eyes was blood thirsty.he has no hair and if someone normal looked at his face or even his body- they would probably puke at it.his body was decomposing and some of its organ were hanging out. Strangely mono did not feel anything. He was confused at it but when it started to run towards Mono or when by using his hand he started to to climb towards the mono,at that moment mono realized that if he did not move he would  die in the most painful way. He did not know why he knew this but he was sure that he would die if this creature caught him.
At that moment it did not matter why his body automatically started running away from the monster but he did not care to think. The only thing at that moment was to run and save his life. Because of his small feet he could only go as far as front door of room he entered and found the monster. He knew he could not outrun the monster. He knew he could  not survive if this monster caught him but he did not lose the hope. He wanted to survive. As to give a chance to him-he noticed a small hole just enough for a small kid like him can enter. He couldn't see the other end hole but it seems like it was going really deep.
Mono did not hesitate to go deep In that hole the only thing in his mind at that moment was that he wanted to survive even if he has to go deep in unknown.the moment he entered the hole his foot slipped making him fall in darkness. It seems like this hole was actually was a slide tunnel. Mono did not know what to do. He tried his best to stop himself by trying to grab something on slippery ground but alas the only thing that did was slow him down a little until his finger started to bleed.the only thing he could was wait and wished that he would not die. He wanted to do something but couldn't. After sliding for three to four minutes which felt like hours to mono he saw ending of this neverending tunnel.

When his sliding trip was finished he could not help but look at his surroundings. It seems like  the tunnel ended in Lower part of city. In other words in slums. Mono was curious how did someone make this tunnel but he was not patient enough to wait here and wish that whoever made this tunnel will somehow help him with his unique situation.
No he thought if he could meet someone he will wait here so he waited and waited but noone came. Finally because of his hunger he started to look for food. He wanted to eat something but in on this land there was not a single living organism there. This city was old and was already at its end. While searching for food he noticed a rat or to be particularly lots of rat. He did not want to take life of another living thing but he had to. He wanted to live and for that the rat would have to die. It was strange,when he approached the rat. it did not try to run away. It seems like it has lost its will to live in this nightmarish world. Mono just took at big stone and hit the rat on his head with it. The rat died in one hit but mono could not help but feel that this could have been him dieing on the hands of that monster in upper city. He just took the rat and bit it. He did not roast it or even tried to clean it. Mono just bit the dead rat without feeling a thing.after eating the rat Mono once again thought and decided that it was better to wait then go out in the city and die at the hand of that monster. At that moment mono did not know that this decision would shape his future. Nobody knows what future holds? Right?

He waited and waited and waited until he was 10

Author note:the chapters are going to shorter then this chapter. And this is not the first chapter just prologue. Enjoy until this last. Bye we will meet you in the next chapter.

Let the nightmare continue

0