The goddess and her offer
313 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Alarm goes off*

Shiro, still laying on his bed, reluctantly got to his feet to switch off the alarm. He sat down on his bed for a few seconds before looking at his wall clock.

"Shit.. shit I'm going to be late" He yelled, running to the bathroom in haste.

Shiro Tauma is an 18-year-old undergraduate, he works at a supermarket and barely gets enough money to scrape by.

He lost his parents at a young age and his father isn't exactly what one would call dependable

His life has been nothing but pain and bad luck, with every passing day the only thing that runs through Shiro's mind is…

"I'm really running out of money here" He groaned before closing his purse and exiting his apartment.

He would usually wear his black face mask anytime he was leaving his apartment, his black hair was just complimenting his unique way of dressing.

While walking to his workplace, he saw a girl sitting alone at the playground, looking closer he could see that the girl was crying.

Shiro sighed, "I should probably go check if she's okay." He walked up to the little girl, rubbing the back of his head before asking, "Hey, are you okay?".

The girl looked at him for a few seconds before raising her voice even higher as she cried, "Hey, hey don't cry… damn it".

He noticed a green shining amulet buried in the sand under the swing.

"This is such a pain" He got to his feet and grabbed the amulet, "Take a look it's shining, don't you like it? Uh? Uhn?" He tried desperately to stop the girl from crying but it was to no avail.

"What is with this girl?" Shiro sighed, he thought of going and ignoring her but his conscience just didn't sit right with him.

"Sweetie, there you are" A woman wearing a long white gown suddenly ran up to the girl and gave her a hug.

"Mummy!" The girl cried out, hugging the woman as tight as she could.

"That's her mom, talk about milf on a premium," Shiro thought to himself staring at the mother's sexy figure.

"Thank you so much for staying with my daughter" The woman bowed her head.

"No, it's cool, really … it was my pleasure" Shiro stuttered, waving his hands in the air as she tried to tell her to stop.

"Come on sweetie, let's go home" The woman walked away, holding her girl's hand.

"Next time, stay with your kid, why don't ya," Shiro thought to himself.

After walking a few miles away from the playground he arrived at his workplace and was about to cross the road.

Then all of a sudden he heard a loud painful buzzing in his ear, "What's making that sound? '' He thought to himself as he grunted in pain.

He looked around and noticed that people passing weren't hearing the annoying sound he was enduring.

Holding his ear, he took a few steps back as the pain in his ear began to intensify, he yelled, struggling to get the sound out of his head.

*Buum*

 

He bumped into someone and the person didn't think twice before pushing him away, before Shiro could realize what was going on, he was already in the middle of the street.

A fast moving truck was coming his way and the driver couldn't stop the car immediately.

It ended up hitting Shiro and sending him flying a few feet away from the impact, his body was completely covered in blood and most of his bones were broken.

The driver got down from the truck and started running from the scene, "I didn't mean to, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" The driver screamed.

"Freaking coward" Shiro said, he could hear the faint sound of people yelling and panicking over the accident.

"I guess, this is where I leave, death isn't so bad… who am I kidding? goodbye world".

His heart stopped beating and he died, or so he thought.

He woke up and found himself in an open world where everything was covered in white clouds.

"Where the hell am I?" He got to his feet and started walking towards the path that seemed like the entrance.

The more steps he took, the weirder the stuff he saw, floating swords, dancing lizards, A Grail.

"Okay hold up Shiro, think this through" Shiro stopped walking, "Okay, I'm sure I died, right? So is this like an afterlife?" He yelled.

"I'm in heaven right now?"

"Of course not don't be stupid" A woman dressed in a black dress and golden crown appeared behind him.

Feeling scared, he moved back quickly, falling to the ground with his eyes widened in shock, "Where did you come from?" He asked.

"Why this is my home of course? I'm Ereshkigal, goddess of the underworld" She smiled.

Shiro got to his feet and gave out an awkward smile, "This has got to be a joke right? Underworld? Hell no, I didn't sin, I think" He yelled, "No way, I landed in hell?".

"Relax, you're not in hell, I'm here to offer you a deal" Ereshkigal said, she summoned a throne and sat down on it while looking at Shiro.

"Deal?"

"I guess it's more of a bargain,"

"And what exactly is this bargain?"

"I want you to participate in the holy Grail war that is about to take place." The goddess uttered.

"What's a holy Grail?" Shiro asked.

"I see.."the goddess smiled,"Let me ask you this instead, do you want to live again? In another world."

"That can happen? For real" Shiro talked to himself, "I did die in a pathetic way,"

"If it's possible, then yes," Shiro answered.

"Awesome,"

A portal suddenly opened beside Shiro and in an instant the goddess appeared right in front of him pushing him into the portal.

"Now remember, know your enemies, get stronger and win the holy Grail war" She said before the portal closed.

 . . . .

"My head" Shiro uttered, he found himself sleeping in a room on a futon, the room had a lot of pictures, each one showing him sitting on a throne.

He got to his feet and walked slowly towards the door, "Did I really?" When he opened the door he saw that it led to the sitting room.

Leaving the building he noticed that the world was like none he had ever seen, right in front of him was a huge dragon sleeping in his front yard.

"I really did move to another world"

. . . . . .

A/N

Chapters will be updated once a week, you can read advanced chapters on webnovel, here's the link.

My Alternate Saber

You can also join the discord channel  Yandere sect

Please leave your thoughts of the first chapter in the comment section.

10