Chapter 107: Another
561 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the first time ever, Simon was not the most important person in the room. And he appreciated the change in sentiment.

Because he did not want to be the focus of the man who came to see what was going on.

If he had to use one word to describe the man, it would be 'HUGE!'.

The man was close to eight feet tall and from a monster girl's perspective it might not be much, but in turns of Tamer sizes, he was literally heads and shoulders above every other tamer. And to match that fearsome size was an equally fearsome face.

The man had a face that could scare anyone. His bald head had more scars than fresh flesh and given that there was magic to heal practically any injury or ailment, Simon assumed that this was an aesthetic choice. And if the reason for this choice was to scare others it was working.

What our hero had failed to notice was that it was not his looks that scared him, like the other time he met a Tamer who could threaten him, his instincts were telling him to be careful. But as a person who could not yet understand the full extent of his powers, he could not tell the difference.

To him, all of this was just apprehension of meeting a terrifying man. 

The attire he wore only added to his presence. It was a solid white under clothes with gold trimmings and coated with silver armor heavily inscribed with glowing golden runes. 

The man's voice was just as powerful as his form. It was booming.

"I was told there was something extreme that needed my immediate attention?"

His eyes only glanced over at Simon before landing on Jimmy(that was the name of the Tamer as he had come to realize). The boy almost melted at the gaze out of fear. Like what had happened to Simon before, the monster girl's eyes narrowed. 

And then, in less than a blink, the monster was in front of the man her fist cocked back in a fist. There was a sonic boom a moment later from the sheer velocity of her movement making many Tamers(including Jimmy) and quite a few of the monster girls hold their ears in shock.

Simon had no such problem as he looked on his eyes widening. But the sickening crunch of a fist connecting flesh with that much force did not happen. No, the monster girl was stopped mid-flight and she was currently hanging there as she was completely frozen in time.

A very deep baritone chuckle left the man's mouth as he raised an eyebrow at the cowering Tamer and said.

"Son, you are about a century too early to match me. Well... maybe a couple of decades. You are special after all."

Shimmering into existence was a monster girl in a priest's robe that was more lingerie than normal wear. However, her holy fetish wear was somehow the least interesting thing about the divinely beautiful monster girl. No, that honor lay in the Dyson Sphere etched with runic eyes and the six wings of solid white energy on her back which her eyes imitated. 

The woman seemed to be proportionate personified with every inch of her being crafted to fit a a very specific, very beautiful puzzle. It was mesmerizing if a bit haunting in its radiant beauty. 

"Control yourself, dear one. No one here wishes to bring harm upon your master. My lord only wishes to help."

Simon almost immediately felt a soothing calm wash over him before it abruptly stopped.

"Careful, master. Do not be bewitched by the 'holy' charms of the angels. That is how they make fanatics out of even the most seasoned Tamer."

The rapid transition in emotions left Simon a bit stunned but he managed to come back to himself while allowing the words of his plant girl to settle. Not only her, he could feel a faint mental growl coming from Amy. Stella was still being her normal self, though he got the sense she still felt a little down from her earlier mistake.

Given that the eyes were solid orbs it should have been impossible to tell but he swore he briefly felt the angel focus on him. The moment was very short though, and as soon as it came it was gone.

He could feel Flora bristle in his mind as she said.

"That monster noticed us, but thankfully we can play it off as you being a blessed one, with me in your retinue."

Simon thought that Flora was once again doing the mental gymnastics that he sadly could not follow and she would not clarify on, under the guise of 'too much knowledge is bad'. However, given his reaction when he heard some of her stories, he was okay with a little frustration. Something about that monster girl felt very very very wrong to him and he knew that he would not want to find out why.

"Master, make sure to not agree with any promise to cooperate with this man. The 'Church of the Holy Saint' is... evil."

There was a profound sense of fear and loss in that statement which put Simon on edge. 

Keeping her words in mind he let the scene before play out.

The overly aggressive monster girl seemed to calm down. She was still hanging in the air but Simon could see her muscles relax.

"Can I put you down? Will you behave?"

The monster girl did not or could not answer but she was put on the ground anyway. In reply, she blinked back to her Tamer hugging him protectively.

The man sighed, shaking his head.

"An uncontrolled legendary? That was why I was called down? Something one of the admins could do in their sleep? I guess the blessed one is something at least."

His annoyed voice made Simon stiffen especially after Flora's warning. 

"My lord, I believe that reason was because the legendary is bonded to an unbonded Tamer."

 Simon saw surprise on the man's face and he found was way to even make that scary.

"Truly!?!"

His surprised voice caused Simon to feel actual vibrations in his chest.

"Both of you come with me!"

Simon knew that today was going to be a long day.

11