Chapter 109: A pure conversation
294 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Flora?"

"Yes?"

"Why is it bad to try and master my powers?"

"Master?"

"Yes?"

"You see how different we are from humans don't you?"

"Yes! I mean only taking into account the extra bits already makes you guys very different! A good different!"

"Hah! Thank you for the compliment. But that is not what I meant. What I ask is, do you see how differently we act compared to a human?"

"Oh. You mean the mental thing... Then yes I do."

"Master, those powers are of monster girl origin and the more in tune you become with your powers the more you become like that monster girl."

"That... Does not sound so bad?"

"Master, I understand how you view us, and if your origin was something like a wolf girl or ethically gray like a dryad I would agree. But master, your birth powers are that of a succubus and those things embody evil. At best, you become an amoral Tamer, and at worst... another demon king."

"What?!?!?"

"Do not worry master, it does not get that bad for the vast majority of Tamers. Getting the mindset of a demon is quite difficult for a human. But the chance is always there and your personality changing is a guarantee... especially now."

"I see... So training with my powers, bad."

"For now, once you have enough bonds. The multiple bond influences will start to cancel each other out and even your birth powers are essentially a type of innate bond power and it is subject to multi-bond dilution. Then you will be free to use them as you see fit. Granted you can do so now, but you do run the risk of imprinting their personality traits."

"What are all with these new terms?"

"Well for starters, I did not think you would so seamlessly start using your abilities with absolutely no guidance. It speaks to your potential but power without control can be very risky."

"But how do I stop that? It is not like I do it on purpose, it just happens. Also should this information not be much more widespread? It seems very dangerous."

"Ah. Right. Well, I would suggest trying to actively suppress those abilities, otherwise, there is mental magic and sealing magic that might help. On your latter query, the only people affected are the blessed and Tamers of similar level. The others do not matter."

"Why?"

"The human mind takes time to adapt to a bond's power and create the necessary magical adaptions to use it. Give it too much and the power starts bleeding into their thought process, and in extremely rare cases their natural physical appearance. As an example, Daiki did not always have green hair, but bonding with a powerful plant-based monster caused his hair to shift. And his other monster girls being plant girls did not help."

"Does having the same sort of monster girl matter? I mean I thought it was a good thing to bond similar monster girls because of the ease of bonding and the strengthening of skills due to overlap."

"Yes and for the most part, it is true. However, going by the words, what does master think dilution is?"

"Something that is less and less pure?"

"Correct! And..."

"If the bonded monster girls all have similar personalities it makes the mind more susceptible, making it harder to adapt?"

"Good job! My master is truly very smart. Yes, master, that is exactly what happens. Low-level monster girls do not have much of a personality to influence the Tamers so it is more okay for low-level Tamers to do so rather than the geniuses."

"But everyone I met of the blessed four followed a specific theme! Isn't that bad? Does the Planar University not know?"

"Oh... They know..."

"Then why?..."

"It is easier to use magical therapy to fix them later."

"What?"

"Master, it can take years to bond a monster girl, especially the more powerful ones. Tamers tend to whatever possible to reduce that time. That includes heavy mental scarring. Bonding similar monster types makes the next bond easier. That is the main reason 'balanced' Tamers are so rare. Master, you are a beast-type monster girl specialist, I am simply an anomaly."

"Let's stop this here... I get it. No, using my powers till I have at least a few more bonds... I don't like the implications."

"I am sorry master."

"No, it is not your fault, I just keep forgetting how sheltered I have been all my life. So! completely changing the subject! What do you think we should do next?"

"Increase our combat power and team synergy. Individually each of us is a powerhouse but all of us are solo acts. And neither Amy nor Stella have actual combat experience, they are more instinct than skill. And I am a tad rusty myself."

"That won't be a problem! My... No, never mind. I agree, we need more practical combat experience. Know where to go?"

"Where all the combat happens."

"The Arena?"

"The Arena."

"Alright we will go there tomorrow but I am beat after all the excitement can we postpone it to tomorrow?"

"Of course master! After all, everything I say are just suggestions. You have the final say."

"Then lets go home and rest for a bit." 

10