Chapter 117:Back at the arena
249 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simon was inside the arena for the third time ever.

Now, after a good night’s sleep and class with his favorite succubus, he was ready to take on the day. Yesterday was a bombardment of different events and revelations and now he was ready to get back to his normal routine.

To which, arena training and delving had been added.

Today he was going to get to the one thing he did not yet do.

Arena training.

Afterward, he was going to see about getting himself a legendary monster girl. Things might finally be straightforward for once in his life.

To that end, he was standing in line at one of the many booths that were always filled with people. Which, given the number of them, should have been impossible. But he knew better.

The arena was Planar University’s cash cowgirl as it was a splinter of many different planes of existence stacked on top of each other. As such it hosted most if not all fights of their nations and beyond. However, they could not splinter the monster girls in the same manner, and trying to set up an interdimensional psychic network linking with our heads would stretch the psychic monster girls too thin.

There was more to it than, Simon had been intrigued and read up on it. Even the psychic network in the University was not used in the way people thought it was. The psychics did not directly connect with our heads, though they could and often did with newcomers. This was because of the energy that was required to maintain such a link at all times so that quick access was possible.

It took a bit for the link to set up depending on the mental defenses of the one they were trying to link. For someone like him, it was pretty easy to set up and maintain. For someone like Merlin, the energy drain would make the link not feasible.

Merlin, the creator of the system, was not okay with this limitation so he had invented a way to bypass someone's mental defenses and make the link trivial to maintain. His answer was nodes that linked directly to the mind like bound monster girls do. Since our minds are so open to that link it was super easy to ‘hijack’ and trivial to maintain. And by trivial he meant that there was no cost as the infinite power of a bond was what maintained the link.

At the school, it was done through the Tamer ID cards everyone was given. It acted as a pseudo-monster gear and made it easy for the Psychics to connect with any Tamer with the ID to be linked in an instant.

How did that relate to tickets? Simply not everyone who went into Arena had Tamer IDs, especially women and unbonded monster girls who had no such links in the first place. But the second half of that equation still needed the link? That is overcome by making the monster girl who gives the ticket, a psychic that makes the ticket putting a psychic signature on it, this bypasses some of the defenses.

It was much more powerful than the Tamer IDs but had a limited shelf life which was fine as a one-time-use item. The psychics then act as nodes to link the Arena goers to the main network in the Planar University to connect the whole without having to set up another resource heavy(thousands upon thousands of psychic monster girls along with all the extra expensive equipment) and instead rely on a couple of dozen very powerful psychics who double up as guards for the Arena.

The result of all that was, that everyone still had to wait in line to get a ticket. Tamers from the university could technically avoid this given their IDs were still good enough. However, since nobles also had to waste their time getting tickets, the university tamers could not be exempt for some reason. Simon would never understand the lengths some people would go to feel superior but he was using the student line, it was much shorter, and he did not mind the small wait.

It gave him time to do something new he had been trying with Flora and Stella. Amy did not play, that is to say, she knew she could not win so did not bother playing. The game was simple. Flora and Stella would each ask him ten random questions that had valid objective answers. The first one who was able to ask three questions he could not answer would get an extra feeding for the day.

Since Flora had stopped him from just freely feeding his monster girls more than once a day, he had to get creative in introducing them back. Since his plant girl was very big in rewards, he figured if he made good challenges and rewarded his monster girls in exchange she would be less grouchy of him ‘overfeeding’ his monster girls.

The thing was, he loved spoiling his girls, it made him happy. But he understood that such a thing would become less and less possible when more monster girls joined. So he had to find ways to ‘treat’ them for good behavior. Monster girls were very weak to positive affirmation from the masters and Simon was going to abuse the shit out of it to make his monster girls happy little things.

As he lost the game he was pushed to the front of the line. Surprisingly, it was Stella who won. Who knew housework could be so technical? Also, he could feel Flora puff up in annoyance through their link which was another treat. She rarely got flustered and when did happen she would make the cutest expressions.

‘Reason for coming to the Arena?’ asked the psychic in his head.

“Training.” He answered.

‘ID?’ She asked and he gave it to her.

He looked at it for a moment and placed both ID and a wooden chip on the counter.

‘Show this ticket to the entrence guard, if you do not know how or where, ask one of the guides shouting their lungs out. You may leave this both.’ she said directly in his head.

With that he was off.

8