Chapter 120:An overpowered plant
243 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A flood of information flooded the front of Simon’s face in the form of translucent blue screens.

They started explaining all the basic rules he needed and surprisingly he caught all of it with ease.

He nodded to himself and looked at the massive blue screen in the upper center of the field.

It showed that he would go second.

As soon as he thought so, a dark smog started circling at the center of the arena. However, it rapidly dissipated leaving a voluptuous form clad in black at the center of the arena.

The blue screen asked him to choose one of his monster girls. There was also a 30-second timer. After which was a text that told him if he took too long a monster girl would be randomly chosen for him.

‘Choose me.’

Before he could give it any thought, Flora’s voice broke into his mind. Shrugging at himself at the suggestion, he did just that. He willed his monster girl to take her physical form. Summoning a monster girl out of her gear form was extremely simple and instinctive not to mention he had done it so many times before. The range of where he could summon them varied on the location. In a dungeon, it was very close, no more than thirty feet(around 9 meters). In the outside world such as here, the range was quadrupled to around 300 feet(around 90 meters).

However, something about this place compelled him to summon her to the center of the field.

Like the witch, Flora made a show of it. Green vinelike roots spout out of the ground, creating a giant dome. It did not end there. The roots then started spiralling upwards creating this blooming flower pattern. On top of this, a large bulb rapidly formed that started blooming just as quickly. At the center of this display stood Flora in provocative green robes made entirely of vines and leaves. She stood there oozing confidence and sex appeal. A lascivious grin on her face.

Simon was momentarily dazzled by her display but soon came to himself at a small tug from his plant girl.

All the while the witch stood and watched with a pleasant smile that belied the hollow menace in her pitch-black eyes. The glowing white iris at the center only added to the terrifying presence.

There was a pause as both parties acknowledged each other.

It was the Darky who ended by creating five flaming balls of pure darkness and throwing them at Flora at extreme speeds.

[Shadow bolt]*[5]

The plant girl was quick to respond, creating a giant wall of green plant matter to absorb the flames. It did so quite effectively but at the same the entire wall burned down to a crisp instantly.

[Wall of vines]

Over Flora’s head, a giant black magic circle appeared.

[Binding of Despair]

Flora snapped her fingers and the spell circle shattered.

[Dispel]

The witch did not casually watch this happen as the moment one of the spell circles four more popped up encircling Flora.

[Rune of Hate] [Crushing Dreams] [Shadow burn] [Thought Drain]

But as before all four of them shattered at once with a single snap of Flora’s fingers.

[Dispel]

Darky’s eyes widened at the

Flora sighed.

“I will only say this because you and your tamer are inexperienced in the ways of magic. I can dispel any and every spell you cast with ease. You are simply not learned enough to match me in a battle of the arcane. Please stop spell-weaving and stick to your special abilities. Or better yet, just give up.”

She said with a sense of confidence and boredom that showed just how little she cared for this match.

In her head, however, she was nowhere as confident.

It was not because of the opponent in front of her. This battle was decided the moment Simon had allowed her to take the field.

No, the reason for her worry was that the opponent in front of her was too efficient for her relative youth. Outside of the first attack which Flora was sure was done as a distraction every other spell used was done to bypass her defenses and cripple her.

This was a tactic used by high-level spell casters to overcome differences in power and one of the primary reasons they were valued as a monster girl companion. After all, many of a monster girl’s base skills had enough output to be comparable to most high-level spellcasting. The main draw in spell casting then came from the fact that it could bridge that gap between stronger and weaker monster girls.

That a monster girl used it from the onset when she was this young meant one thing.

‘That Tamer is a powerful and seasoned gladiator.’

One that probably enjoyed fighting in the arena. Which meant he was someone who constantly read up on battle strategies and counters. Otherwise, no monster girl would waste so much essence on so many powerful crowd control spells, it was too wasteful.

A Tamer who studied the rules of engagement on the other hand…

She hoped that this was just speculation and a fluke. But her gut and experience told her that it was anything but.

She would not even be surprised if the Tamer and the monster girl was soul-linked at the moment.

If this was so, she needed to make a show. To demoralize the tamer into forfeiting the match or at the very least use subpar strategies.

As such she would not engage with the monster girl till she had shown everything she could do and then destroy her in a single overwhelming show of strength. And she knew that such a scenario was not far off. The spells she had cast were not cheap.

A lance of obsidian was thrown at her and she let the attack make contact. As she had predicted the attack did nothing and she made an exaggerated motion of wiping the spot with a look of deliberate confusion.

“Is that all you have?” She asked, making her voice as condescending as possible.

“No!”

For the first her opponent opened her mouth and it was to show frustration.

“Master!”

She yelled and pointed both her palms forward.

An enormous spell circle appeared in front of her. It started to rapidly spin. At the same time, a bubble of magical energy appeared around her.

‘A protective cast?’

This only solidified her opinions on their opponent and she knew just what to do to break her opponent. At least she hoped.

[Cursed Sphere of Annihilation]

She let the spell circle complete which only took two seconds. Too long in free combat but extremely fast for such a complex spell.

The moment the magic circle dissipated and the orb of darkness was about to complete she acted.

What she was about to do was very difficult, and she hoped her opponent was experienced enough to realize what was about to happen.

In the single fraction of a second that it took for the spell to stabilize her eyes glowed.

[Break]

Causing a spell disruption at the moment of spell formation was a very difficult thing to do and it was only possible if someone had a vastly more essence than their opponent.

The sphere exploded as pure arcane force erupted in all directions.

Flora watched as the magic bubble that had been there to protect the monster girl now caused her to explode as chunks of monster girl hit the edges of said arcane shield. In moments the monster girl disappeared into motes of light and travelled quickly to the Tamer.

She looked right at the shocked and horrified Tamer with a feral grin on her face as she simply stood there unmoved.

                                                                                                              FLORA WINS!!!

                                                                                    CHOOSE YOUR NEXT MONSTER GIRL!!!

9