2. Name
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a forest, there's group of men wearing shiny gray armor, some of them riding a horse and some of them walking with spear on their right hand. There's a man with platinum white armor infront of them, leading their way. His name is Mark. Their destination is a village not far from their city.

A few hours ago, there's a man riding horse that come to the city with heavy breathe. He said to the gatekeeper that his village is getting attack from a group of bandit. Usually they will not care about what happen to his village but the bandit attack already happen to the few others village. If that continue, the King will get less money from the tax. And he don't want that. That's why he already order the soldier to erase the bandit. And now they get information that the bandit is on the village not that far from the city.

Without any delay, they send group of soldier that Mark lead to the village.

 On the village.

The bandit still chasing the villager and play with them. They didn't kill the villager immediately but just give them small injury on purpose. They want to see the villager try they hard to survive and make them feel desperate in the end. They love seeing villager fall to the abyss of despair. It's like drugs for them, seeing their face, seeing their useless effort, and then kill them when they bored, and search for another prey. It make them feel so happy.

"ATTACK!!!"

Suddenly a bunch of soldier attacking them from the entrance. The soldier don't use a bow because they don't want to accidently kill the villager.

The bandit that caught off guard while playing with the villager get stabbed with a spear. One of them get stabbed on the chest, the other get stabbed on their head and the other on the stomach. But there's some of them that manage to dodge or parry the spear. Without losing their focus, the soldier keep attacking the bandit with their spear. The bandit try to fight back but the difference of the attack range make it difficult. And because the soldier already well trained, it make the bandit have no chance to attack.

The fight keep going for around fifteen minutes. The soldier succeed annihilate the group of bandit and searching for the survivor. Apart from the child that crying beside their parents corpses, there's not much survivor from the village. Some of them have small injury because the bandit just start playing with them before the soldier come, some of them have fatal injury because the bandit already bored with them and try to kill them but then the soldier attacking them.

The girl on the cabin already finished her food. She take the man's clothe and wear it. Its too big for her to wear but its better then nothing. She take his sword too and drag it to the village. She saw the soldier killing the bandit from afar and when they finished, she approaching them.

One of the soldier saw the girl approaching, he want to approach her as well but become warry after saw she dragging a sword. In this world, a child can kill an adult with weapon on their hand. So the soldier call his captain and report what he saw and ask what to do. After hear what his subordinate say, the captain get off from his horse and approaching that girl slowly.

"Hey girl, are you okay?" He try to approach her but the girl just standing there and watching him.

"You okay?" Ask him again while he getting closer to her.

When he finally right infront of her, he lower his body so he can see her eyes. And then he observe her. Her body is so skinny and full of bruises. 

He waiting for few second but she didn't answer but just staring at him into his eyes. He don't know why but it feels kinda creepy. Her black eyes is like an bottomless abyss that can swallow him if he stare too long. And that make he feel chill behind his back. He shake his head a bit to erase that thought.

'What possibly this little girl can do? Her body is skinny and small. There's no way she can harm an adult man. It must be my imagination.' He thought.

"It's oke, you are save now." He said while patting her messy hair, try to comfort her.

"....Can i take this sword?" She said.

He a bit surprised with what she said for the first time to him. She didn't cry or ask for help but she asked whether she can take the sword or not.

"Who's sword is that?"

".....My father." She lied without changing her expression.

"Hemmm...." It's not rare for a villager to have a sword on their house but then again a sword's price is not cheap either. But the sword that she drag is not in good condition. Its clearly a cheap sword. But why a villager use their money to buy a sword? Not buy a livestock or tool for farming? Looking on her condition, he think her family is not that wealthy to spare their money to get a sword. Maybe that sword is family legacy? But the sword is not that good to become family legacy. Or maybe she lying?

"Sure, why not?" He don't want to think too much and he hates to think too much. So he just agree with what she asked.

"What's your name, little girl?"

"....Ella."

0