Ch 2
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now everyone, please quietly take your seats,” Master Gambell rang out politely.

The middle-aged, bespectacled man patiently rested his elbow on his wooden podium, smoothing out his thick, neatly groomed beard. Meanwhile, the all boy class was anything but quiet, shuffling their stools around to their desks in a clamor.

“Say, Cedric, I’ll bet you’re excited for today’s session, eh?”

This scrappy looking short haired boy taking a seat next to him was none other than Quentle, one of Cedric’s best friends. He was a rather frivolous boy who often spoke carelessly, and paid no mind to things like personal space or being sensitive to one’s personal hang ups. Knowing this, Cedric figured he was being insulted somehow, but he wasn’t sure exactly how.

“Well, isn’t everyone excited? This is a rather intriguing topic to learn about, isn’t it?” The proper sounding boy in front of them turned his head to chime in.

“Ah, shut up, Mel. Go on, rich boys should face the front like good rich boys.”

“Repeating rich boys like that just makes you sound like you don’t have anything intelligent to say..”

“Ahh, this is why I hate you rich boy-”

“See? Rich boy, rich boy, rich boy, it’s all you ever-”

“Oy, wait a sec, Quentle, why are you asking me, in particular?” Cedric inquired impatiently.

“Huh? Of course I would, you warhead!”

Cedric had, at one point, made a single comment regarding his interest in becoming a Teutonic Knight-General in the army, and Quentle, being who he was, had decided it was going to be a running joke to spite him.

Of course, neither Cedric or Mel understood what he was getting at, and therefore stared at him with narrowed eyes.

“Eh? Wait, did you two not know the main topic today isn’t about the dome?”

“Huh?” Cedric and Mel sounded off in unison.

“Hahh, you were both nodding off at the end of the last class, weren’t you?”

“………”

They both averted their eyes, holding back smirks

“Gahh, what a waste of a good upbringing. You two are useless.”

“Ah, excuse me there, sir. I’ll have you know I never actually fall asleep in class; I doze off with a completely straight face.” Cedric replied in an exaggerated voice. He had indeed perfected this technique. He couldn’t do something so disrespectful to his teacher, after all.

“Yep, I was completely out.”

“Get a grip, rich boy!” Quentle and Cedric sounded off in unison.

“…hmph. Anyway, aren’t you a diligent one, Quentle the ruffian?”

“Ohh, that’s right, paying attention all the way through, what a good-natured boy!” Cedric joined Mel, plastering a smug smirk on his face in Quentle’s direction.

“Geh! S-shutup! And don’t call me a ruffian, rich boy!”

“Alright class, that’s quite enough. Time to settle in now, if you would. Ah, Quentle, do shut your mouth.”

“What the hell Gambell?! Why just me?!” As the class snickered, Master Gambell opened his notebook and began.

“Well then, today we’ll be discussing two major topics. First, the Mist Dome we live under and its history, and second, the story of the very first Teutonic Heir to the Sword, also known as the first Teutonic Knight.”

Cedric’s attention shot toward Gambell in an instant.

This would be a session that he wouldn’t dream of dozing off in.

0