5. Firm conviction: The training has just begun
319 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                                                                         

In the estate of Ivan tepish Dracule, A lot of soldiers and guards are searching every nook and cranny of its premise. From the building to the near hill caves and houses. Many guards and soldiers are wearing an insignia badge of the city defense unit called the knight order. The knight order was sweeping all the areas where the recent sighting of a dark rift walker had occurred. From the window of the first floor, a muscular man was overseeing everything.

 

Ivan tepish Dracule was one of the generals that had the responsibility of protecting the east side of the kingdoms. Currently, his main assignment was to protect the city he was living in as well as the east side where many small towns were located. Looking into the distance of the landscape many pillars were standing still with irregular shapes. Many houses and district markets were covering the spaces between the big monuments. This city had a history not known by many. Ivan sat on his chair looking at the reports sitting on his table. Hans the butler poured him so dark green hot beverage.

 

“Aquanus the lost city of the magic. This city is built on the rubble of an ancient civilization. I wonder if they had to face these monsters that plague us like a disease.”

 

Has was listing to his comments. Ivan was very vocal about many things. Protecting the city was not an easy feat and his worry had led to him learning everything about this city. What are its geographical advantages? How many races live in this city? Food consumption and production. The biggest fear was the demons, dark rift walkers, and dangerous monsters. Sipping the beverage slowly without sound Ivan asked.

 

“Hans any updates on where that summoner is hiding? There is a rift that is still intact and has not disappeared. It is slowly getting bigger. That thing is hiding now”

 

Hans had a very apologetic face. He was a retired knight. He couldn’t find that dammed summoner that opens rifts in space. He had a duty to save the young master's life. The best way was to clearly hide from the threat but even with all his precautions, he got hurt badly. Surprisingly Ray didn’t die of the dark taint. These abominations are especially a threat. Sneaking into an uncharted area they open rifts. This acts as a gateway where these corpses like pouring endlessly and overwhelm anything by sheer numbers.

 

“I’m sorry sir Ivan but sadly no results in finding that repulsive creature”

 

“This is not good news. People are already terrified by the recent news of the sighting of these things. It was very hard to control this information about the rift being present. We had to hide by using construction as an excuse in the area. This is terrible news. Where is that piece of shit hiding?”

 

Ivan was getting very anxious. It has been 2 weeks since the incident and still even after searching the entire estate with all the manpower and even sweeping the surrounding area it was not found. A summoner has many abilities including exceptional stealth-like cloaking and even some degree of intelligence comparable to humans. These Dark Rift walkers are the recent threat this world has seen. The most deadly one at that. 2 kingdoms had fallen. Ivan was worried about what is thing planning. That thing is on the move. He has to act now.

 

“Hans contact the knight and order the church and all royals of this city. We need to prepare for a siege. Ignoring such a threat is stupid. I won’t lose anyone because of my arrogance ever again”

 

Ivan was looking at the picture of his wife and his two young children that was hung on the wall. It was the only painting he had of his late wife. He had a sorrowful expression.

 

“Yes sir with no haste I will work on that immediately”

 

Hans was concerned about his own family and Ivan’s family as well. It’s no surprise. He has been with the family before they even came to this kingdom. He has been watching the three children like a parent since they first opened their eyes as newborns. Hans has spent 12 years in this kingdom migrating with Ivan’s family. There are now maturing into young adults.

 

[I need to keep an eye on all three. Lilly is still sick. That dark taint is such an unbearable disease for such a delicate child. Avan gets arrogant day by day. His obsession with power and not wanting to be reliant on anyone is getting to a dangerous point. Ray has changed for the better.  He has started training under my son's guidance. It won’t help him much but I’m hoping he will find his way. Their safety comes first. Aside from Lilly who always stays indoors, I need to watch out for Avan and Ray] Hans thought

 

“Hans be careful. I don’t trust the safety of my home anymore for the time being especially since that rift appeared just near our estate. We called for a Magical rift expert to seal it but it’s only a temporary fix. I think we should make a personal sweep with our entire estate manpower again”

 

“Gladly sir”

 

Hans was very glad that Ivan has not changed. He may not show it but he cares deeply for his family. It’s been a very rough journey for him as well as everyone. He has put a lot of pressure on his children but in his own way, he wants them to stand on their feet.

 

"It will only get tough from now on," he thought

 

=============================================================================================

 

A week had passed since the day he meet the boy that was training all by himself. Ray had done a lot of things this past week. Looking through the books that the former Rayhein had. Trying many experiments with that invisible rock. Trying to get a better understanding of his abilities as well as differences in biology and race. Some answers were found some still a mystery but still, ray had made some progress.

 

Running and sweating on the sunny day ray was having a training exercise with his friend. His first goal was to train his body to the very limits no matter what. The boy he meet was kind enough to let him tag along with his running exercises.

 

 Ray was kind of astonished to find that that guy was Hans’s son. After seeing him one day after coming back from running. Talking to Hans he approached him.

 

“Hello, Hans? What are you talking about with him? Do you know him?”

 

Hans had a small chuckle. His son with a blank expression was dumbfounded as to what he just heard. Ray had met and played with him when they were younger yet this idiot still can’t remember him.

 

“Have you seriously forgotten about me or are you just fooling me?

 

[I was just going to act stupid to surprise him by giving a few hints when we met but this guy still has not picked up in 3 days. I mean it's been years but still, how could he forget me?]

 

“Huh?”

 

[Fooling? I’m pretty sure I have not met this boy. Maye rayhein did but if he did at least I would have a memory of him. Maybe I did not inherit that memory]

 

“You seriously don’t remember me? We played a lot together. You, avan, and I were always playing pranks and games when we were little.”

 

“Still no clue.”

 

Ray had an expression of pure blank. He was being honest.

 

“Allister you dumbass. My name is Allister. It’s so rude to forget me like that”

 

Hans was trying to hold his laughter while his son was fuming with anger wasting so much time thinking that Ray would catch on. Since that day he has been very cranky. He is kind of been touchy since then.

 

Running for so long rayhein legs were giving up. They were running around the entire city corner to corner every day. Tackling different terrains like rocky, mountainous, forests, and even city streets, etc

“Are we there yet? It’s been 4 hours”

“Humph”

Without looking back to check on Ray Allister just ran like the wind.

“Oye the hell? At least respond.”

[This is infuriating. It’s been 3 days just let it rest already. Is he trolling me? He just doesn’t respond. The only response I get is yes and no from this guy. I should just apologize]

 

Ray noticed something very interesting. This city was extremely oval-shaped. Every day it took a different time to make it back and circle around the entire city. Ray was sure he had been using different routes each time also the distance varied each time as well. It was a very hard challenge to even keep up with Allister. Ray was taught a lot of things through the super soldier program. There was this drill run around the entire base that he had to complete with the least possible steps using terrain like trees and building to his advantage. He learned with a lot of punishment how to count steps as a second-hand nature in his mind.

 

[I still remember most of those experiences. Most of my memories are from the Clone program.  Still, I can’t remember much from before that other than the crash.  I can’t even remember more than 3 countries' names. It’s very interesting how my memories are like this. Somehow I still have that feeling engraved into me. It’s like second nature to me even in this body]

 

In the last 3 days, Ray has counted more than 268,000 steps. The first day was insane with 100,000 steps that’s nearly 64 miles/100km give or take. We ran from dawn till dusk. It nearly broke me. For the first day that was my absolute limit. These subspecies' genetics are something else. Stamina wise I was not expecting myself to keep up. Still, through sheer willpower, I pulled it off huffing and puffing. My actual height is 6 feet at this age which is interesting.

 

The next day 168.000 steps nearly 107 miles/ 174km give or take. The entire day we were just running around. I could not move a muscle after arriving home.

 

[This fucker was enjoying torturing me after being smug even though we completed our running. I was reaching the limits of this body. Every bone was hurting. My feet were filled with corn and clauses in feet. Still, this body has insane recovery speed. I recovered with just my sleep. ]

 

Today we have been running for 4 hours. He still isn’t saying anything.

 

Allister running at his own pace was slowly leaving Ray behind. Still looking back with a smug face he was relishing the moments teasing him a little like this.

 

“Keep up maybe we will reach home in the next 5 hours HAHAHA”

 

[I am kind of impressed that Ray had managed to keep up with him despite doing just basic training for the last 5 years. I’m currently using force and barely keeping up. It’s actually very hard. I never made a complete run of the entire city border. He had learned the best technique from his father's training since childhood. He was not here in this city as he was sent to the knight orders as a young child for 4 years. Now being 14 he came back to the estate where his father was working as well he had a big home here]

 

In the evening Allister and Ray reached the estate completely drenched in sweat. Both fall on their knees walking from the garden toward the villa. Ray could not calm his breath. In 6 days he had run more than he ever thought possible. Only one thought was in his mind.

 

[250,000steps. This fucker 250, 000 fucking steps. I don’t want to do the math. I’m too exhausted Now I understand how humanity survived. There all superhumans. I can’t feel my legs. My legsssss. The pain is killing me.]

 

Gasping for air Ray was in no state to even feel the pain in his legs.

 

“This training is absurd. I understand the physical training but how much more will you push me to do this? I have a limit dammit. Wtf are you expecting from me? I’m not an animal you can push like this”

 

Laying in the garden opposite him Allister was gasping for air as well.

 

“You never stopped. You idiot I was waiting for you to stop. Just what kind of absurd willpower do you have? This is the first time I’m so out of breath. I have never run so much in my life.”

 

 “I’m sorry you hate me for not remembering you but please end this torture. Let me rest for some days after today”

 

Laughing at the comment Allister was very amused he made Ray beg to stop. Still, Ray was something else. It’s sad to learn he was born a null. He has so much physical capability even without using force.

 

“I can only push you to get better. you have incredible stamina and physical abilities. Can I ask you something?”

 

Ray had a general idea of what Allister was going to say

 

“Take your shot”

 

“Ray, you were born a null right? Why do you want to pursue strength? isn’t it impossible? Your body can’t use magic or force. It’s quite sad honestly. You are amazing still but there is a limit to your physical growth. Eventfully people with talents in either will surpass you. The cases of being born a null are so rare that not even in 10 years there have none been more than 1. Why bother putting your life on the line like this?”  

 

[It was a very good question. Why do I push myself so much? I always felt like maybe just maybe if I work hard enough my situation would change. This world is on a track of total chaos. I could spend my days without a care. In doing so it will only make the possible future inevitable. I recently learned what it means to be null. The general concept is that someone can’t and will not be able to use fundamental forces that exist in this world. Like magic and this force etc. I thought maybe I could use force but it’s basically an application of using magical energy to strengthen the body. It’s very different from magic which lets you have very versatile applications of manipulating matter to make elements. I only know a general concept. Maybe Avan is more informed. My only advantage is being born a high human]

 

“Well, I just want to be better. I’m certainly a null. Born with no capabilities of using these gifts like magic and force”

 

Standing on his feet Ray said

 

“Should that honestly stop me to be better? I have been guilty of a lot of things Allister. I am a coward, a failure, and hated by nearly all of the people in this estate. Looked down on by all of them. I’m sick of it.”

 

Looking at Allister with a smile

 

“I want to change”

 

Looking at the estate Ray had experienced many things in this world. There is one thing that he can understand it will be dangerous and reckless. He still wants to save his family. Be loved by them. Deep inside no matter how many experiences he had, he was just 15 when he lost his life on Earth. Aiden just wanted love and acceptance. Maybe he might find it with this family. He has to try his utmost to live like that and be the best he can be. He owes that much to rayhein.

 

“I want to show others I can be useful. The kingdom is heading into more danger as time marches on. I want to be able to protect what is dear to me. Even if they don’t like me at the moment. I want to be someone they can rely on. Someday they might appreciate me”

 

Allister was at a loss for words. As he spent time with Ray, he realized that Ray was not as outspoken as he is now when they were kids. Allister had been devastated at that time, feeling like he was a burden to Ray. But looking at him now, he has changed a lot. Ray's willpower to not give up is something else. Allister thought to himself, "I will try to teach him everything I know. There is no harm in trying even if it does not work." He then placed his hand on Ray's shoulder.

 

“I understand. Starting tomorrow, we will begin the painful physical training. Are you up for it? Even when I used force, you kept up with me. Maybe you could do something amazing with your physical talents.”

 

Ray was confident that he could use this training to get the maximum benefit for building his foundation. He had a rare gift exclusive to him and his little brother: a high human body that could do so much more with abnormal physical stats, including having 2 hearts. It was no surprise he was able to keep up with Allister during their brutal running for the past week.

 

“Don’t count me out just yet. I have just started,” Ray replied with a determined look.

 

With a small chuckle, they headed back into the villa.

 

Unbeknownst to them, a small figure had been hiding and had just overheard their conversation. Avan was furious at the lies, and his eyes were bloodshot with anger.

 

“You love us? You hypocrite liar! Where was this courage when you left me to die? I will crush all your bravado. Just wait. No matter how much you train, you will never be as good as me. I do not need you or anyone, never again,” Avan yelled in a fit of rage.

 

10