Book 3 Chapter 58
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marie

 

"Marie!", protested Theo quietly. "That tickles!"

He was lying on his stomach in her bed. Close to her. Marie sat and stroked over his delicate wings. She liked to touch the dragonfly wings. They shimmered slightly and felt cool and smooth.

A snowstorm had taken the soldiers by surprise and snowed in the tents. Theo was currently stuck with her in the tent. No one could leave their tent until the blizzard subsided and they were able to shovel the tents free. Luckily, these were sturdy. But unfortunately not warm, which is why the two had made themselves comfortable in bed and did not leave it.

But what would happen if Theo was found in her bed?

Probably nothing, she thought bitterly. I can use my slave however I want. Also as a bed warmer... No one would find it strange. Terrible! It's terrible.

"What's the matter?", the elf asked worriedly. "Why the scowl on your face?"

Marie shook her head, shivering. "It's nothing. It's all good."

"Yes?" Theo didn't believe her.

It was cold in the tent. The woolen blanket did little to help against the relentless cold. And because of all the snow, it got all the colder inside. Marie wore as much clothing as she could, but she was still freezing. Theo's servants' clothes were also warm, but even that wasn't enough to keep the elf safe from the cold.

"Marie?"

"Yes?" She lay down next to him, snuggled up to him, and pulled the woolen blanket higher.

"Let's run away!"

"Theo..." He'd asked her to do that before. She had refused. "It won’t work."

"I'd rather be dead than here!", he snorted. "I'd rather run away than get stuck here!" Theo's voice was muffled, all the snow and storm drowning it out. Nevertheless, Marie covered his mouth. "Theo! Not so loud! If someone hears you! You'd be killed. We!"

"I know." The elf sighed and stroked her cheek. "I love you! And I'm cold!"

Smiling, Marie shook her head. Then she sat up and peeled herself out of her clothes. Theo blushed. "Marie?"

"We can do something about the cold!" She winked at him with red cheeks. "Come on! Get out of your clothes!"

"Marie?" Theo's wings trembled nervously. "Really? Are you sure?"

"Yes!" She tugged at his woolen tunic. "Come on! I'm cold too!"

Theo didn't need to be asked twice. He felt terribly cold and he wanted Marie. He wanted her so badly! His wings fluttered as he leaned over her to kiss her.

 

Cleo

 

Thick flakes whizzed around her ears.

The blizzard had come unexpectedly. But here, between the tall trees, there was little snow. The river, on the other hand, was almost completely frozen. The sirens and the merfolk struggled to keep a part open. Of course, they didn't mind if the river froze over, but that way they would be trapped in the water and wouldn't be able to help in case of another attack. Pelle spat fire to melt the ice. She was careful not to hurt the aquatic creatures. The dragon's injured wing had already recovered. There was hardly any sign of the injury. Dragons healed quickly. Still, the dragon continued to rant about the rude soldiers who dared to hurt her wing.

The escaped soldiers had not been found by the Harpies. Just a bloody sword and a single foot, in the middle of the forest, a long way from the old tent camp. The soldiers had come a long way, only to be...  To be shredded and eaten? Cleo suspected a certain dragon who would do this without hesitation. Josef. That would have been true luck for us if Josef had been around. At least that's what it looked like. In the end, it remained unclear what had killed them. Cleo was convinced that it was a dragon.

She shivered a little as she sullenly watched the snow. The snow and Pelle. The dragon was focused on her task and didn't seem to notice anything else. Alwin, on the other hand, stood next to Cleo and Charlotte, excitedly sniffing the icy air. Initially, Cleo had tried to keep the air warm around her and Charlotte with magic. But the storm worked against her. And in the end, she needed her magic to camouflage the camp, even if the dense hedges and trees helped her to do so. If it were summer, if there were dense leaves, then perhaps she wouldn't need her magic.

"Is anyone coming?", Charlotte asked, wrapping her scarf tighter.

Alwin nodded. "Yes. I smell... Another dragon. Fiete, I think."

"Is Julia with him?" Could that be? Was she that fast? Cleo hardly dared to hope. And sure enough, the dragon shook his head. Unlike Pelle, Alwin remained in human form for the time being. Their new tent camp was too cramped for two giant dragons. Pelle almost sat on the tent of Rasmus and his sons with her dragon butt as she tried to keep the river ice-free. Not an easy task in an icy storm like this. Cedric scolded loudly and tried to push Pelle away. She ignored him. "Who's coming?", asked Cleo again. "Julia?"

"No. No Julia. But Peter and Fiete", murmured Alwin, his eyes fixed on Cedric. He looked at him skeptically. "And a vampire."

"Oh?" Charlotte shook her head. "A vampire."

Cleo just shrugged. "We are related to the royal house of vampires since this Torsten married there and multiplied."

"Multiplied? More than just a Torsten? Clones?" Alwin looked at Cleo with great interest. "Who is Torsten? Is he a wizard? Can wizards multiply? Just like that? Several Torstens? Several Cleos?"

"With an illusion spell? But no. Cleo was talking about sex!" Charlotte winked at him. "Children."

"Oh." Alwin nodded thoughtfully. "Pelle and I also have sex, but we can't multiply."

"Thank you for this precious information!", Cleo grumbled sarcastically. This dragon is so strange! Why is he telling us this? I don't want to know! She looked at her wife. Charlotte seemed amused.

"Who is Torsten?", asked Alwin again.

"Julia and Peter's half-brother!", replied Cleo. "Not a particularly friendly character, but at least not malicious."

"So we're not allowed to eat him?" Alwin frowned.

"No?" Now Charlotte laughed loudly and resoundingly. "Better not."

"Does the half-black dragon know that? Josefine?", continued Alwin. "That she can't eat this Torsten, who can't multiply?" He blinked.

"Josefine is welcome to eat him!", murmured Charlotte. "Come on. Let's say hello to Peter and company!"

Alwin nodded. "I miss Julia." He snorted as Cedric angrily slapped Pelle's massive dragon butt to get him to move away from the tent. "Can I eat Cedric?"

Cleo smirked.

Alwin being Alwin.

0