Prolog
462 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The witch.

 

When the witch was 20 years old, she won the war that broke out between witches, werewolves, and elves with a brilliant move. Her ability as a seer gave her a distinct advantage. Although images of the future were always random, luck was on her side, and she saw what her enemies were planning and prevented these plans from succeeding. She was a particularly powerful witch, able to change the future to a certain degree.

 At 21, she became Queen of the Three Territories. The woodland, where mainly elves lived, the mountain country, home of the wolves, and the fertile land between the two territories up to the cliffs: home of the witches. When the witch was 600 years old, she married a mortal. The young man was the son of a wealthy merchant family. Together they had three children: Fritz, Cleo, and Lea. None of the three children was born a mortal human without magic.

The witch saw this as confirmation of her rightful rule as queen, as magic always came from the mother. And only if the mother was a witch herself. However, the chance that the child would be mortal was 70 percent. Witches and wizards were rare. That's why they were powerful.

Mortals, humans were born more often. ordinary. workers, merchants, and farmers. They were important but not in power. Yes, she herself was the rightful queen. Empress. That's how it had to be!

 50 years after the wedding, the mortal died.

100 years later the witch remarried. This time an immortal sorcerer, a gifted healer. They had three children together: Ingrid, Paul, and Peter. All three were born mortal. She saw images of her future as a mortal. Was this a bad sign? The Seer saw the future again. There she saw a fourth child, great magic, sorrow, and war. Shocked, she told her husband about the vision and the two decided to have more soldiers trained and show more presence in the forests and mountains.

 Two more large barracks were built there within a year. Four years after Peter's birth, a little girl was born.

14