THE ENGAGEMENT
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are only 15 days until Saad and Simra's wedding...

Today is their engagement...

"Is everyone ready?" My mom asked as she entered our room. I can see the line of worries on her face, and I get it; she is just so anxious about Simra's engagement. No matter how many times I tell her everything will be alright, each time she says, "I know, but I can't help getting worried." She is afraid that everything will go wrong, like Aqsa forgetting where she kept her jewellery and looking all over the house to find it... What exactly is going on right now? Like Simra not getting ready on time, which is also happening right now, and me making excuses not to attend my sister's engagement, which is also happening right now, well, forget it.

It isn't happening right now, but it was happening before I saw my mother's horrified expression when she saw me in my nightgown...

"You better get ready in 15 minutes, Ifra, or you'll get a beating from me," my mother said, with that threatening expression on her face that I always fear.

"Mom, do I really need to go?" "I swear I will see the whole engagement on video call." "I am really not feeling very well."... I know I am saying the same thing I said to my mom a few hours ago, but maybe now she will pity my situation and agree to my request.

"No, no, no, absolutely not." Don't you know this is your own sister's engagement and you have to attend it? I know, Beta, that it's difficult for you to face the situation, but it's for your own good. You should learn to face your problems and not run from them. She said it again in that motivational speech. I looked at her. She mouthed, "PLEASE!"

"OK, OK, I am going to get ready," I said with a sign. "I know it's an important event for my sister and my family, and they want me to celebrate it with them." But how can I celebrate when everyone there is going to give me that pathetic and disgusting look? "How can I go there when I know that whenever anyone sees me, they will think of me as a sl*t?" I hate it; I just hate it, and most of all, HE was also going to be there with everyone. I am finally going to see him after 3 years. But am I really ready for that? Am I really ready to face them all again? Am I really ready to face him again? I know I am not, and this is the only reason I don't want to go. but it's Simra's engagement, and even if not today, I would have to face him for the next function... I'm not saying I'm not happy for Simra; I truly am. I am just a little worried about what will happen to me today.

I went to the changing room after entering my room, picking up my dress, which was a maroon plazo and kurti with gold work and embroidery. I really like this dress. It was chosen by Aqsa. She loves to pick dresses for me; it was actually her idea to make us wear the same dresses. I did my makeup quickly and in a hurry. and wear my jewellery and my favourite three-layered embellished ruby maang teeka. I was finally satisfied with my appearance as I looked in the mirror when I heard my room door open.

"Oh, my goodness... someone is going to make a lot of people drool." aqsa As she approached me, my sister said.It's a good thing we are twins. She looks exactly like me, like my reflection. It's strange to see someone who looks exactly like you but acts completely differently. True, Aqsa and I are polar opposites. While she is as delicate as a butterfly, she exudes joy and excitement wherever she goes. But when I go somewhere, my aura never changes. It is always filled with sadness and disappointment. Something suddenly struck my mind.

Maybe she can play my role and I can play hers, as we always did when we were kids. I look up at her with a lot of hope in my eyes.

"Don't you dare say what you're thinking, Ifra?" "I am not going to do that," she said, raising her hands in the air as a sign of resignation.

I sign with full disappointment. I can't make her do this; I have to let her enjoy this day as she does.

"I understand what you're thinking, my sister, but don't worry, you'll be fine." She said this while giving me a tight side hug. "We're really proud of you." Let people think whatever they want to think. and we are going to be okay today."

I heard her with admiration. It amazed me at times how my family always knew exactly what I needed to hear. They are truly the best.

And yes, I have to get this today—maybe not for me, but for my family. They really deserve it.

As I think this, a beautiful smile spreads across my face, and I nod toward her.

"That's my girl," Aqsa and I both say as we stare at a similar figure... Our elder sister is looking absolutely beautiful in her exquisite maroon lehenga. which I can now proudly say I designed; yes, I enjoy designing clothing. I just completed my degree in fashion design at the best design university.

"God, my sister, were you really planning to give our groom a mini attack by looking this beautiful?" Asa said as she winked at me. Simraa, look at us and giggle... She's lovely and serene, and I realised how much she means to me. When she came toward us, Aqsa and I said in unison, "Congratulations, our sister!" I am so happy for her that she is finally getting married to her love.

"You all are here; come on, you're getting late," our mom said as she was coming toward the door.

"Let them embrace each other a little more." "It's been a long time since I've seen them give each other epic hugs."

My sisters and I look at each other and giggle. That's true; it really seems so long since we've all been this happy.

Excited to know what happens with ifra?
  • yes Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Nov 22, 2022 05:27 PM.
1