THE ENGAGEMENT PART 3
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3.....

As I start running toward the opposite side, I keep looking behind me because I don't even want him to notice me running; I just have to go and find my mom.

"Ahh" . Suddenly I found my head getting smacked by something hard, and as I looked in front of me, I saw a brownish-red tux on a broad chest.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I didn't look behind me; I just kept running. The last thing I wanted was to collide with someone who would bore me to death. by asking, "Did you get over your ex?" So I'm not going to bother looking up who that person is. And then I saw my mom. I keep heading toward the side where my mom is standing. She is talking to someone, but I can't see who that person is because my mom is in front of me. I saw a waiter holding glasses of water on a tray. I picked up the glass and started drinking water, and I realised how really thirsty I am.

Suddenly I saw Aqsa coming toward my mom. "Wait, how did she get there faster than me?" I moved my head to see where we were standing before, and I realised that Mom was just in front of me. I took a long run just to avoid a certain someone, but as my mom moved toward Aqsa, I saw the person she was talking to. Just as I saw him, I felt all the blood in my body drain. Is there any chance that I offended the universe so badly that now it makes me want to be dead? "No, no, no, no, no." It can't be him. "It can't be him," I say. In the beginning of this day, I was just worried about not coming face-to-face with just one person; now I have to avoid two people. "Why does it have to be me all the time?" "Why me?" First my ex-boyfriend, now my ex-boss, Mr. George. Both are invited to my sister's engagement.

He saw Aqsa, and I know what's going on in his mind; he never knew I have a twin. So right now, for him, Aqsa is me. I have to go to her and tell her to act like me so that even if I come across him, I just have to act like Aqsa. Is it a good idea? Not that I have a choice; I can never face him without breaking down in tears... Ahh, what am I doing here? I need to get out of here so he can't see me until I tell Aqsa to act like me.

I picked up my dress so I wouldn't trip over it while running... And then I was hit again, this time by something hard, this time by someone's chest, but this time my hands were wet.I look down, and I realise I ruined this person's whole tux because, as I turned, the water in my hand got spilled all over his pants, especially on his mainly male part. I suddenly closed my eyes as I screamed inside my head, tripping over it. And just as I turned, I was again hit with something hard. This time it was someone's chest, but it wasn't just that this time I felt like my hands were getting wet. I look down, and I realise I ruined this person's whole tux because, as I turned, the water in my hand got spilled all over his pants, especially on his mainly male part. I suddenly close my eyes as I scream inside my head, "SSHHIITTTTTT SHIT SHIT..." Now I am sure I definitely offended the universe somehow, but is the universe really this crucial to come back at me like this by making me this embarrassed?

I don't have the courage to look up, but I know I have to because I have to sincerely apologise right now. But wait, what if this person is someone who came with my boss, Mr. George? I mean, my ex-boss? But right now, there is no time to think about that. I move my eyes upwards….And look at him... His eyes are the calmest shade of blue, and maybe green. In his eyes, it looks like the ocean is resting without even moving and that all the waves are so calm that the whole scenery is looking beautiful just like his face. But wait, is he not angry? Because, after his beautiful and calm eyes, his face does not show any anger but rather a smirk. And, if I'm correct, this isn't just a smirk; it's a smug smirk, with his eyes, which were previously calm, now reflecting mischievousness. I was already in a state of shock. It was when he brought his face down toward my ear and said in a very low voice...

"I know you want me..." But if you really wanted to know my size, all you had to do was approach a lovely lady. "There is no need for you to put up this pitifully innocent act of yours." I look up at him, and his expressions are the same, but I can bet that I must be looking like a joker in front of him because after seeing my face, he brought his face down toward my next ear and said "What?" That surprised me because I was aware of your clumsy attempt to attract my attention. Well, now that I notice you, you are not that bad, so here, "I saw him taking something out of his pocket." "Take my card and call me after the function."

He said, and his lips touched my ear, and then he moved backward, probably to see how the word affected me. But that's the thing I am here simmering with anger over, and all I want to do is hit him on that exact wet part. How dare he say something like this to me? Did you take me for those girls who jump on his bed the second they see him because they think he is way too cool? I never felt this angry in my entire life just as I stepped toward him to slap him hard on his face so that I could scratch this smirk off his face.

But then I heard a very familiar voice...

"Hello, Mr. Kaif." And I am more shocked because that voice is that of my boss, Mr. George, ahh, I mean my ex-boss...

Now I am more confused about what I should do—should I slap this person hard in the face or should I run because Mr. George is here? Just as I heard him coming just behind me, my mind was not in a state to clear the confusion. I picked up my dress and ran smoothly without looking back because I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

As I run, even I don't know where to go.I came across Aqsa.

"Heyy, hey, wait, where are you going?" She inquired, grabbing my arm.

"Aqsa, no, I am." I'm supposed to say that I'm fleeing my ex-boss or that pervert. "Just... I'm looking for you?""Where were you?" I said it with an excuse.

"I was with mom, and she told us to bring Simraa to the stage; we're her sisters, so we have to stand behind her." She said that by bowing a little, which makes me smile, she always manages to make me smile. I suddenly realised what I'd been doing since I arrived here: fleeing, fleeing...I am now just so tired of running after all these people.

"Aqsa, I swear I shouldn't have come here." Trust me, all I have done since I came here is run, first from Zayn and then from Mr. George. And now add one more name to that list: that pervert. I said it in my mind. I grabbed a chair and sat down on it with a sigh. And now I am going to make a request that sounds utterly foolish to even me.

"Can you please act like me in front of Mr. George?" Trust me right now, I don't have any energy to deal with anyone. "Just today, please," I said, pleading silently to Aqsa.

"Okay, okay. but just for today... not because I am tired of it, but because I really want you to face everyone and all the problems on your own... "I want you to fight your own battles," she replied.

"Yeah, yeah, Aqsa, I know I am trying; trust me." I said while holding my face in my hands.

"Okay, okay, don't get too hard on yourself. come on. " "Let's go get Simraa." She said this as she tried to push me out of the chair.

"Yeah..." I just love my sister, not because she agreed on my request, but because she always makes me realise that I have to fight my battles and that she is always there with me whenever I need her.

0