Chapter 1: How To Kill Sarah Davies
622 7 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lot of women these days have a sense of entitlement.

Their egos are inflated as a result of social media and dating apps.

They get guys liking their photos and simping on them.

They think they deserve a millionaire with six-pack abs and a yacht without having to lift a finger.

Not my Sarah.

At least, that's what I thought.

"F*cking b*tch."

A young slim man with clear light skin and curly black hair stared at the screen in front of him.

On the screen was a photo of a young woman with short brown hair and clear almond skin who seemed to be in her early twenties drinking wine on a boat with a fairly handsome man in his late twenties.

The young man read the caption in anger whilst clenching his fists.

========================================

Sarah Davies (@sarahdavies_01):

[Lovely day out with my boo #sunny #lifeisgood #love]

[💗174 | 🔁23 | ⌨️24]

========================================

It had been three months since their relationship ended.

To be more specific, Max confronted his girlfriend at the time when he discovered her making out with an unknown man from one of her friends' Instagram live stories.

Needless to say, their relationship ended that day, with Max getting dumped.

He tried his hardest to reconcile with her as they had been dating for almost 5 years.

Despite the fact that he was an only child and his father was all he had left, their families were close.

They even decided to attend the same University.

They planned their lives around one another.

He didn't want to throw what they had away, especially since he thought it was just a mistake and could be resolved.

But it seems that Sarah did not want this.

It's true what they say about girls planning their breakups long before they actually do it.

He couldn't contact her because she had blocked him on all social media platforms.

Through several connections, Max eventually found out that she had been seeing this man for a couple of months after they entered University.

Max was already in his second year of university, so they had most likely been seeing each other for about a year now.

It was at that moment he knew, there was no chance of them getting back together.

"Is it because he can afford a luxury lifestyle? That's not love, it's materialism you dumb f*ck."

Sigh

"That's enough venting for today."

Max rose from his seat and began preparing for his weekly jog.

Although he was still depressed, he decided to work more on himself.

He started new hobbies, such as jogging, chess and trying new foods.

He initially did it to distract himself from his breakup, but he gradually began to enjoy them.

Huff Huff Huff

Max looked at his watch and noticed that the time was <11:48 AM>

Meaning he had been jogging for roughly 15 minutes now.

"I'm... so... f*cking... fat."

He said whilst breathing in and out heavily.

He was self-conscious about his body, so he preferred jogging near St Mary's Garden in the morning because it was close to his University and there would be few people at that time.

He chose a spot to rest for a few minutes before continuing his lap.

As he crouched, he noticed a shimmer of light coming from his right eye.

He bobbed his head up and down, trying to find the source of the shimmer once more.

As the light remained in his eye, he reasoned that it must be reflected off something and moved closer to the source.

He looked for it for several minutes and still couldn't find it.

He chose to ignore it and continue his jog.

However, as he turned around, he stepped on something.

He frowned at first, thinking it was dog sh*t.

On closer inspection, however, he noticed a stick-like object that appeared to have been dug into the ground after he stepped on it.

He picked it up and examined it more closely.

It didn't appear to be anything special, just your average USB flash drive.

It was no bigger than a thumb, but what drew his attention was that it was completely transparent, including the connector plug.

He liked the look of it regardless of the fact that he had no use for it.

He didn't want to admit it, but he was a bit of a hoarder.

He ended up stuffing the USB drive into his sweatpants, unconcerned about whether it flew out while jogging or not.

<1:16 PM>

Arriving back at his dorm room drenched, Max stripped naked and jumped in the shower.

A few minutes after he finished, he noticed a small glass-like object on the floor.

'What's th... Oh right, must have fallen on the floor when I flung my clothes.'

Max recalled the USB drive he had picked up while jogging.

He wiped it down because it still had some dirt on it.

He set it near his desk, among other things, and opened his laptop.

'The latest episode of One Piece should be out... I'll give that a watch before carrying on with the project.'

Half an hour later, Max had finished watching his favourite anime.

He didn't want to procrastinate any longer than necessary because he wanted to improve himself.

Max attended Nottingham Trent University. It wasn't the best University in England, but at least it was within the top 100.

In fact, with his grades, he could have gotten into a better university.

But he entered because it was the one Sarah ended up enrolling in, and they both planned on attending the same university.

He clenched his fists every time he thought about it.

Trying to forget the past, he pressed the Windows + E key to open his project from there.

He studied Computational Neuroscience and Cognitive Robotics so he had a lot of projects to complete.

'While I'm at it, might as well wipe the contents of the USB drive so I can back up some of my projects in there.'

Max thought as he grabbed the USB flash drive and plugged it into a port.

Fortunately, it was inserted with no issues.

He was concerned because it did not resemble any flash drive he had ever seen.

He double-clicked on the drive icon that had an image of a transparent Earth expecting to be taken to the root directory.

Instead, a surprising browser window appeared on the screen.

It resembled Google Chrome, except the logo was a transparent Earth.

The only button on the page could be found just below the logo.

Instead of the standard 'Search', it was replaced with 'How To'.

"What kind of browser doesn't even have a close button..."

Max furrowed his brow after discovering that he couldn't close the browser even after several minutes.

He tried everything, including CTRL + W, Alt + F4, and closing from Task Manager, but nothing worked.

Ding

A pop notification appeared on Max's phone.

Sarah had uploaded a new photo.

As she blocked him on his main social media accounts, he used alt accounts at the time hoping to gain some closure.

Clicking on the notification, he became vexed at the content.

From the caption, it seemed she was wearing a sort of promise ring.

She was smiling and holding her hand close to her face.

"Opportunistic b*tch."

Max mumbled as he tossed his phone onto the bed.

Looking at the screen in front of him, he couldn't help but want to vent out his anger.

[How to kill Sarah Davies without leaving a trace]

Following that, a few lines of text appeared on the screen:

[ > 5247 results returned]

[ > On August 27, 2023, at exactly 11:34:22 AM, place a tennis ball that weighs 56.0-59.4 grams and has a diameter of 2.57–2.70 inches on the park bench at the entrance of King Edward Park, Carlton Road. This will set off a chain of events that will result in Sarah Davies' death.]

"What?"

30