Part 1 – Slaying 5 Goblins
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After registering for the guild, I immediately head over to the quest board and searched through the available E ranked quests. Hmm, scouting quest...no, not much gain from that. Slay five goblins and bring back their ears as proof? I could do that.

 

I grabbed a copy of the request and applied for the quest at the front desk. Once my application was approved, I left the guild and headed towards the forest. There, I chanced upon a small party of fifteen goblins eating beside a large tent.

 

Hiding behind some trees, I observed them until nightfall. Once I saw all of the goblins fall asleep, I decided that it was time for a sneak attack.

 

I grabbed my Ghost mask and put it on. Within a few seconds, my body became transparent as if I had phased out of existence. I had transformed into a ghost.

 

Slowly, I drifted towards the nearest goblin - the sleeping goblin did not notice a thing. I reached my hand out and phased through the goblin. Immediately, the goblin's eyes flew open and a look of utter horror appeared on his face.

 

And then he died without a chance to alert the others. I had phased the goblin's heart out, causing him to suffer rapid deterioration as his vitality seeped out of him. Next, I moved on to the next goblin and repeated the method over and over again until I had successfully killed all fifteen goblins.

 

After collecting the ears of five of the goblins, I prepared to head back when I realized something strange...all fifteen goblins were sleeping outside! Then...who or what was in the tent? Curiosity got a hold of me as I ventured towards the tent. Opening the flap of the entrance, I saw a large orc!

 

So it seemed that the orcs and goblins were tied together! No wonder the goblins were bravely and openly attacking the villages - this was all instigated by the orcs!

 

Does this mean that the orcs were really planning on attacking the nearby villages as questioned in the scouting quest I saw earlier? I must inform the guild. Even though it probably won't earn me the scouting quest reward but as an adventurer, this was my duty.

 

Before I left to inform the guild, I restrained the orc and removed my Ghost mask. The orc woke up but could not escape the restraints. Squealing in anger and panic, he looked at me as if to say "What are you gonna do to me?!?" I looked at the orc and curled my lips into an evil smirk. Taking out my skinning knife, I walked towards the struggling orc.

 

You guessed it! I needed a new mask. Now to make a mask, the face skin of the creature was needed. And it had to be preserved in order to stay fresh. Well, maybe it doesn't really have to be fresh, but the fresher the skin, the better quality the mask.

 

Some people might say that this was inhumane, but this was necessary in order to retain the abilities of the prey. After skinning the orc, I immediately dried and preserved the skin before placing it in my bag so I could work on the new mask at home. Then, I sliced the pig bastard's throat.

 

Leaving the forest, I quickly made my way back to the guild and presented my loot. While my report was being verified, I reported to the attending receptionist that the goblin attacks were instigated by orcs.

 

Once I finished with my explanation, the receptionist gave me my rewards before hurrying upstairs to notify the guildmaster of the news. Since there wasn't anything else, I headed back to the inn to rest and work on my new orc mask.

0