C183
65 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One of the old soldiers notices us approaching and shouts,

'Schneizel's boy!
"

What's the situation?!"

The situation is terrible. The chain of command is broken. I don't know how well the headquarters is operating. ......

 He said this to us as he sent instructions to his subordinates.

 The anguished look on his face tells you how bad the situation is. Even here, where the forces are well prepared, the battle is still on the defensive, so there is no need to think about how the rest of the world is faring.

"Where are Schneizel-san and the others?"

"I don't know. In this situation, they might be stranded somewhere. I heard a lot of noise over there a few minutes ago. ......"

"Over there"

 The old soldier glanced in the direction I had fled from Isaacs. The reason why that guy hasn't caught up with me yet is because Schneizel and the others are still engaged?

"Yes. So what are you going to do about it?"

I suppose so. ......"

 I glanced around at the battle situation. It was clear that he was outnumbered. The old soldier in command's judgment was not bad at all, but it was not the best move to make either.

 Moreover, it took too much time to make decisions and issue instructions.

 Perhaps he is not a commander by nature. It is assumed that he was brought up to lead the organization after the death of his superior.

 There aren't many members of O'Brien's group left, ......,

 It reminds me of O'Brien's scattering. A heroic man who gave himself up and entrusted the future to me. For a brief period of time, I watched him fight right beside me.

 His command that eliminated all futility, his ability to think without hesitation, and his ability to take immediate action are the ideal image I should aspire to.

 I even admired the way he used up his own life without wasting it against the overwhelming individual that was Isaacs.

 How far can I go now?

 How far can I go from here?

 There is one strategy that will work because these old soldiers were O'Brien's men. If I'm good enough, I'll get them.

"Excuse me."

 I quickly crossed the fingers of my right hand and waved it in the air as if to show it off. First I saw the old soldier's eyes widen, then I saw the men holding the front tremble.

 None of them reacted except the old soldier. But those who did react changed too much.

"I will take Master O'Brien's position".

The old soldier in command at the scene looked wide-eyed at the sign.

 A hand sign that, in this situation, at this time, the beloved O'Brien would have done. It was still a young boy who was holding the hand-sign.

'I will replace O'Brien."

 What nonsense. That's what everyone honestly thought. Even though he was a boy whom the Lord had entrusted with his will, it was a matter that included the possibility of the future.

 There is nothing a mere child can do on this battlefield. It was nice to see that he showed his will to fight without breaking even after seeing so much hell, but I did not intend to encourage his recklessness.

 Because of the possibilities, even if let him escape for now, he would still be able to -.

"Nah."

 But these thoughts were completely overturned by two or three signs.

"This is O'Brien's ......."

 There are still rough edges. The decision-making was slow, and it was not a very perfect plan. But they certainly felt O'Brien's thinking in the way he gave the sign that moved the troops.

 These were O'Brien's loyal subjects.

 If they received instructions that were not perfect, but close to it, their bodies would do the rest on their own. The decades of service to O'Brien had made them put imperfect measures into action.

 If the troops are moved according to Norwin's instructions, the previously inferior front line will change slightly to an antagonistic state, and then to an advantageous one.

 The heart burns. The Lord was not mistaken. It is only after being used by a boy that it dawns upon them that this boy is without a doubt the one who will carry the future of Arcadia on his shoulders.

 The dream of making O'Brien a general, which had once been dashed, suddenly becomes a passion.

3