c185
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huh, huh, huh."

 I feel terrible collapse and wobble on my feet.

 As O'Brien's substitute, I would not be moving my body. But the exhaustion of overworking my brain was spreading to my body.

"Do you want to take a break? It won't be a problem if I change command for a few minutes."

"No, I can still do it."

 Even as I answered, the pain seeped into my body.

 The mission is to read the flow of allies and enemies, make a plan immediately after taking into account the degree of loss, and have it carried out by signing it. It sounds simple in words, but in reality, it was so stressful that it almost burned out my mind.

 To begin with, most of the allies could not understand O'Brien's signs. Moreover, if the battlefield was disrupted by an overwhelmingly strong enemy, it was common for the signs to become useless as soon as they were sent out.

 The flow of people, the battlefield, and the snowballing information would have been too much for me to handle on my own. I could not have handled it all on my own. I was assisted by a man who had been O'Brien's subordinate, which enabled me to keep going this far.

"I still shouldn't overdo it. Here I am ......"

"No, I'm used to the pain."

 What is the point of pushing myself so hard on a regular basis?

 If I set a limit, that will be my ceiling. So, stick with it a little longer.

 I deepened my focus again and turned my wide field of vision to the battlefield.

 Then more time passed...

"This is it, it's a dead end!"

 A final hand sign. With that, the troops who quickly put their plan into action crushed the remaining evil god servants , flanking them from both sides.

The servants, who had already been mortally wounded several times, ceased their activities without regenerating, which meant that our victory was confirmed.

 There was no joy in my heart or in my unit. The battle had been so fierce that even the energy to rejoice had been exhausted. Many of our allies had died, and those who remained were badly wounded.

 It was not so much that we won as that we did not lose. The content of the battle was almost equal to a loss.

 Even so, we defended the area. We didn't let them make any more sacrifices. Would we be able to show a little face to O'Brien?

 No, I'm sure the old man would have told me to "grow up even more" and spit out a sarcastic remark or two. It was easy to imagine that, so I couldn't help but smile.

I smiled.

Yes, we did. It's a strange thing. It was like watching a young Lord O'Brien.

"Was I a good replacement?"

'Yes,...... not entirely satisfactory, but, well, just a little at a hundred paces."

 Still not enough. His eyes speak to me. It's a harsh evaluation, but now I should be proud that the O'Brien geeks have told me I look a little like them.

 So, what to do next?

 That's when it happened.

 A near-deafening roar echoed throughout the city. With a cloud of dust, a building collapsed in the distance and something was blown toward us.

 The black thing flying toward us, smashing several more buildings in the process, came flying toward us, landing not far from where we were.

"What the hell is going on?"

'The whole thing! Calm down! Get into formation!"

 The troops were in chaos. I used wind magic to clear the smoke around me. Then I saw it,

"■■■■!"

 Isaac type servant whose entire body had been torn to shreds.

"Oh, it blew up spectacularly, huh?"

"I don't know which one of us is the monster now."

"Let's get this over with."

 The three people who might have followed it were Schneizel, Hian, and Ghardiaz.

2