Epilogue
128 8 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Point of view of me, your narrator. ]

 

And so, dear one, ends our story. What became of Greya and Kenji, you say? Well that is a private matter.

 

Goddess Greya looks at me, she is here with me while I record this scroll. 

 

She is really disappointed with my statement, and she says "come on, don't be rude, tell them already. That

was the deal, remember?"

 

I said "ah yes my goddess, as you wish."

 

Back to Greya and Kenji. They married of course. It was a grand wedding, celebrated everywhere in Eshar and Acria. By noblemen and commoners alike. Greya insisted on inviting many commoners to witness the wedding in Eshar's palace, to show her love for the people of all standings.

An invitation was sent to Royalty worldwide, all kingdoms, queendoms, empires, indeed every nation was invited to send their representatives. Many did, paving the first step towards more trade and more importantly more understanding. It was the first time in Eshar's history that all the enormous halls of the palace were filled to their maximum capacities. 

 

Kitsune, Cat people, Wolf-kin, Deer-kin, Bear-kin, almost all nations were represented in this historic occasion. 

Historic, because Greya was not only a princess, she was also a goddess. Greya represented Eshar as a princess and Acria as their goddess. This event would bring the two countries closer together in the near future.

 

After some time, our country was rebuilt, blessed by our goddess. Our nation is now a thriving society, with lush woods, many children running around happily again. Our goddess has saved us.  

 

She didn't want blind obedience or worship. This is what makes us love her even more. 

Our king back then honoured our saviour by organising a nation wide party. Royalty of neighbouring countries were also invited, planting the seeds for mutual understanding and growth. As demanded by Greya, the party did not start before she was satisfied that our country was sufficiently rebuilt. No person would be hungry while others would have a party. Those were her exact words.  

 

When the day of celebration finally came, Greya and Kenji attended the celebration with their 2 children. 

A boy, Katsuro. And a girl, Rinna. The girl's name in honour of her two fox friends. 

 

Greya's parents are happier than ever. The future of the throne is now secure. The children were loved by all, especially their doting parents.  

Within twenty years, both of their grandparents passed away, safely welcomed into Greya's domain. A perk of being a goddess. 

 

With pain in her heart, Greya then became the new ruling queen, as her husband became king in name, as he had no rights to the throne.  

 

Many, many years later, at the end of Kenji's long life, the family surrounded him as he prepared to leave them. 

Greya taught their children well, and handed over the throne to her daughter, her firstborn. 

Greya asked her children not to be sad, but to rejoice. Both would enter Greya's domain, and her children would visit her once in a while, until they were ready to join them for good.   

 

As her husband lies down for his final slumber, Greya lies next to him, both holding hands. They remained healthy throughout life and supported peace and kindness for all races. A concept their children would cherish and continue, ultimately leading to the global unification of Mirai. Hunger, wars, cruelty, all would be banned globally while their family would see the events unfold from heaven.

 

Greya then said "are you ready, my love? I will join you shortly."

 

Kenji replied "yes, love of my life. Thank you for everything. It was truly an honour to be with you, every moment of my life."

 

Greya smiles, and they both shine very brightly. Then both disappear, to arrive in Greya's domain. 

They now appear to be as young as they once were when they just met, kissing each other like they only just met.

 

Greya then said to her husband "we will be together forever as a family, until the end of time, or whenever our time to rejoin the circle of life will come." 

 

He replied with a kiss, and then said "I don't mind when that will happen honey, as long as we will be together."  

 

About two hundred years later, I, Kenzo the Third was born. I would grow up to be the third King of Acria. 

Knowledge about goddess Greya, and what she did for us was passed along through our family line. 

 

We still honour our ancient cat form as we honour our goddess Greya. 

Her love for us all transcends our racial differences, and we prosper. Not only our nation, but all of Mirai. 

 

It was around the time I was born that our goddess revealed her full history to our people through her mikos.

The fact that she came from Earth, another world, and that she experienced that world as a man, fueled the imagination of our young ones. She became not only our saviour, but also a symbol of change. A symbol of  hope, that sometimes when you least expect it, new doors can open for you. The future being determined by your choice: do you take the left one or the right one?

 

Today, on the one hundredth anniversary day of the global unification of Mira, I prepared this scroll, so you can bear witness of the events told. May they be passed on forever, may you leave long healthy lives and honour our heritage. Long live our honourable goddess Greya, long live Acria! Long live all the nations of Mirai!

 

The End.

2