[4] Proud of You, Idiot!
5.7k 12 214
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Proud of You, Idiot!

Tsunade smiled, watching Hashirama happily run around the house and helping her pack things up.

The Alabasta ship had left for their home already, and before they left they had asked the Senju siblings to pack things up. The King promised to send a ship to pick them up and take them to Alabasta in a few days.

She was glad Hashirama was pumped up for this. Going to a new place, he can get used to people faster than staying here. She had shown him picture books, allowed him to read lots and lots of normal books, so he was familiar with the world from a theoretical point of view— but she still couldn't help but worry about him. A child in a room for eight years may bear unforeseen changes within him. She just hoped anything weird about him ceased to exist once he got comfortable in Alabasta.

“Hm…?” Tsunade blinked, watching him climb up on top of a stool that was placed on top of a chair, before jumping on it and slipping his hand through a gap in the ceiling. “Ah… w-wait, there is—”

Tsunade watched as her little brother took out, one after another, several books that were too R-rated for a kid like him.

“There, can’t forget your hidden stash, can we?”

So that’s where he learned the word ‘bitch’ from.

“That is simply research material for human anatomy, I swear.” Tsunade tried, though she feared that smart little shit knew she was lying.

“Right. I believe you, onee-sama.”

Ughhhhh….!

She blamed his prodigal genes. He was too smart for his own good. 

* * *

A few days later, the Senju siblings were in Alabasta's capital city, Alubarna. Hashirama liked the place, to be completely honest, even though his sister seemed to be fried alive due to the heat. He was quite fine, thanks to the fair amount of time he spent in deserts in his previous life due to his profession.

Though mainly, it was the change in the boring atmosphere that he liked. The room and even the forest he lived in before was too monotonous for him at that point— he was looking forward to this new atmosphere.

Super Spot-Billed Duck Troops were a group of seven ducks rumoured to be the fastest transport system available to the Royal Family of Alabasta. So Hashirama was surprised when that squad, carrying the King of this country, came to receive them and led them to the Alabasta Royal Palace.

It seemed Cobra really was grateful to them— which Hashirama appreciated. More so, when he offered them a permanent stay in the guest house of the Royal Palace. But Tsunade had declined, as would have he if asked for his opinion. No need to appear too dependent on them, not after rejecting their offer of becoming the family doctor.

For that particular night though, they did sleep in the palace after eating a heartful dinner.

Tomorrow, when Tsunade and he bid farewell and was about to leave through the maingate, Vivi Nefertari came running to pull by his sleeves.

“Um,” the little girl looked up at him shyly. “Thank you… for saving my mother.”

Hashirama stared at her while Tsunade tilted her head and blinked in confusion— wasn’t it her who saved the Queen though?

“No big deal,” Hashirama replied, reaching out his hand to her head and… flicking a finger on her forehead. Vivi cried and took a step back in surprise. “Now let me go, we are getting late–”

-Bang!

A wild hit fell on his forehead, ruining his ‘cool’ moment, as Tsunade looked down on him disapprovingly. “Don’t hit the princess, you’ll get me in prison.”

Hashirama opened his mouth to say something before sighing and then leaning down to pat Vivi. “Sorry. Will you put me in prison for this?”

“U-uh??” Vivi, who was surprised at getting hit, blinked rapidly. “No, no, no! It’s fine, you don’t have to apologise.”

Hashirama smiled. “Good.”

There, the idea was planted in her small little head. Now he should be able to get away even after doing some mischievous activity around the city.

After which, Vivi made him promise to come play with her from time to time— which he accepted, though he probably would rarely come.

* * *

'Okay, coming here may not have been the best idea.' Hashirama mused, looking out of the window of the second-story house his sister had rented with the money she revived from the King. 'There is basically no trees as far as I can see. It will be hard to train my new powers in this place.'

He was sulking on that, looking for a reason that could make him convince Tsunade to leave Alabasta— before an answer to that problem proposed to himself quite easily.

So a forest didn't exist here, so what? He could always make his own forest…!

'Probably will ruin Crocodile's plan with the no rain buisness, but fuck Crocodile.'

Sir Crocodile, the Warlord of the Sea, has been in Alabasta for 3 years already. But Hashirama could care less about that guy, and rather decided his first goal would be to make a garden around his house.

—-

At night, after freeing himself from his status as a body-pillow of his sister who insisted they slept together since he may be scared in this new house, Hashirama sneaked out to the backyard.

Honestly, he wasn't sure why he was even sneaking out. She may even encourage him to use and train his power— but there was also that chance that she may strictly insist for him to not use it, for whatever reason that she may have not shared with him.

She did hide most of their familial past from him, after all.

In any case, for tonight, he decided to go all out in the backyard. First he put a hand on the ground before trying to recreate the feeling he felt while controlling those two trees in his fight against the bandits. He could recall it, on the tips of his fingers, the feeling of limbs, hands that weren't connected to his body but to his mind. Limbs that he could move at will, limbs that were those trees.

Unfortunately, even after spending nearly fifteen minutes, he saw no progress in summoning trees out the sandy ground.

"Is it the sand at fault? The lack of moisture in the land?"

If so, all tries may be useless for a guy like him who wasn't so efficient in Wood Release yet.

"You," Suddenly, something heavy gently rested on his head, and his sister's voice came along with it, giving him goosebumps as he turned around to see her looking down at him dryly, a tree-pot on her hand that she had put on top his head. "Should have told me about this. I almost had an heart attack when I didn't find you by my side."

"Ah… will a sorry suffice?" He asked, smiling awkwardly and realising that— no she wouldn't have stopped him from training, and given the pot on her hand, she was here to help him instead.

"It will not. Massage my legs like usual in the morning. For now though," she put the pot down in front of him. "Try using your powers on this, and let's hope it works. Because if not, we may just leave this place. I am not letting the power that our ancestors have been trying to recreate for centuries go into waste."

He gave her a wide grin, giving a brief kiss on her cheek, before focusing his attention on the small tree in the pot.

Except he didn't succeed in controlling it either. That was… well expected. 

Perhaps he couldn't control trees that were not created by him, unless he ever managed to unlock [Sage Mode]. If so, it made sense why only the two creations that formed out of his severed legs in the forest had reacted to his will. Upon realising that, rather than trying to control this plant on the tob, he focused on creating another tree on the pot, only to fail once more.

Soon, though Tsunade was getting impatient and somewhat worried as well, Hashirama found answer to this problem. He was trying to create life out of nothingness, which went against the laws of everything this world stood for. In the fight in the forest, he only managed to create the trees because he had used his legs as a medium— his own blood and flesh. So possibly, he could do the same again by cutting his limbs. Except that won't do, as even though he might regenerate every time, that was too painful and his sister wouldn't allow it.

That's where his Chakra came to play.

Using his Chakra as the fuel for his power wouldn't hurt, just like the Hashirama from Naruto. The idea occurred to him so late only because he had never used his chakra actively before, as Tsunade didn't know any 'Ninjutsus', except for some very limited 'Fuuinjutsu' which she refused to elaborate on. In whatever case, since Tsunade didn't know (or  was unwilling to teach him) any sort of Jutsu, he hadn't used his chakra for anything before.

But it was time for that to change.

Hashirama, surprising Tsunade, moved one of his hand away from the pot and placed it back on the sandy ground once more.

This time, Tsunade watched as Hashirama channelled invisible chakra through his hand and pushed it into the ground, before, in an instant, green vines erupted from within the ground.

"Yes." Hashirama cheered, putting both his hands on the ground next and pushing more chakra into it. "It's working."

He pushed, he pushed, and he pushed— as more and more trees, of all different kinds, filled the garden from one corner to another, giving the area a forest-like appearance.

"...Ahaha~" Tsunade's shocked face slowly became that of a cheerful one as she hugged him. "You did it, you idiot! I am so proud of you!"

The siblings laughed, hugging each other, while the rumour of a ghost who summoned trees that would drag you to hell spread to the city to haunt kids for the generation to come.

**

**

**

Note: Don't forget to Rate if you're enjoying the story!

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

214