prologue1
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 3989 April 1, Spain Ibiza, 12:00

(Gabunel Rigerdo POV)

In the desk in the middle of an office which was made of wood Gabunel Rigerdo was sitting reading and signing papers, looking around the office you could see 2 sofas facing each other and in the middle a small table could be seem, and if you see the walls you could see lots of bones, not any bones but skulls of what seems to be dinosaurs and other animals, some which none other has ever seen.

"Sir.Gabunel! We finally dug the face out, You should come see!" A plain looking man with some muscles wearing a white safety helmet full of dirt, and a orange vest came up to me and relayed the good news. "Good, lets go see our 2 years of work progress." And so Gabunel got up from his chair and showed his big body over 190cm tall, bald and a lot of muscles, so much so that his cloths could rip just from him tensing  up his muscles. And so he put on his beige jacket that had a logo of a big dinosaur skull with big horns that looked like a goat's, and followed the man up to a elevator that was big enough for at least 20 people, inside the elevator you could see glass that you could look down outside.

'Finally! I can finally see the true ruler of the ancient eras!' Gabunel thought to himself showing a big smile as if he won the lottery to rule half the world. The man who was guiding Gabunel was scared, but not because of the creepy smile Gabunel was showing but because of the his orange yellow eyes that he saw glow for a split second, he didn't know if he was going insane or he just saw them glow for real.

When the elevator reached its destination Gabunel got off the elevator with the man who was sweeting enough to fill a small paper cup. "Report status." said Gabunel to another man who was coming towards Gabunel with a tablet in his hand, he was administrator of the site Alfred Ogood.

"Yes. We just now got everything off from the skull and will start extraction in about 5 hours." said as he adjusting his glasses. "What about the main body?" Asked Gabunel back at the Alfred who answered Gabunel's question. "The body of the creature seems to be detached and in need of time to find the creature's main body, it has been 2 years and we still cant find it..."

Gabunel was angry at that answer after all 2 years is a lot of time to find a ginormous monster that just looking at it's head someone could say its body should be the size of japan. "Then look harder, I will give you up to 2 more years to find it's body." He wasn't as dumb to just let anger control him, after all he had a bad reputation from his looks alone he didn't want to risk lowering his reputation, some sponsors left saying 'We can not trust you in your work, for all the bad rumors going around you and your work.' of course the work he is doing here was a secret everyone, spies could get in but never take info out to the world, after all someone could come and take his 2 year hard earned skull away from him.

"I'll have a closer look." Gabunel told Alfred which immediately called someone to get them closer towards the skull enough to even touch the skull. And so they stepped into a platform and moved closer towards the skull, but the closer they got the more beautiful it looked to Gabunel, maybe it was love towards his hard work or something else, which he didn't know and did not care, in his mind the only thing that mattered was that it was worth the 2 years.

And as they got close enough to touch it Gabunel wanted to slightly touch it as to not damage it with his hands. but as soon as he did, a black light came out of where he touched blinding everyone who looked at it. "Huh? Where did everyone go?" some random guards wearing black glass mask with bullet proof vests where confused and looked around.

Soon enough Gabunel regained his senses and when he did he noticed that he wasn't standing on the cold steel platform but on dirt on his ass. "*Ugh* What happed?" As he questioned out loud, he could hear a voice. "Are you ok Sir Gabunel?" it was Alfred by his side, and when he saw behind Alfred he saw all other men that was working today, but what shocked him was a 20m tall door that did not look like it came from earth in general.

"Where are we?", "What's going on?", "Is everyone ok?", "have I finally gone insane?" all sorts of chaos across all the workers that looked at the light. "Men, calm down!" Gabunel had to calm down the situation before everyone went truly insane and start killing each other. After everyone calmed down and looked at their leader Gabunel for a explanation. Gabunel said "Men, first of all lets stay calm its not like its the first time seeing weird things. We all saw what happed to Neul, he was dragged on the ground though out all the base though unknown force, Fu Lee was burned by black flames that could not be put out by water, Jacob was stuck on the wall, for fuck's sake! we where the one's to clean up. We have gone though tough times with this project! Whats a bit more of strange things? Nothing we going to let the other 68 people that died of unnatural causes laugh at you for not seeing it though the end?" But before the climax of the speech a old male voice full of terror filled the room with an unknown pressure "Who be so loud in my holy house?!".

It was such a simple question that answered some questions but none moved holding their breaths as if they are hiding of a hunter. "W-We did not know this was your holy house." Gabunel gathered up his bravery and answered to not anger whatever was out there, as he himself knew how annoying it was for his questions to not be answered. "Hmm... So it is you? And how did you come here?" the unknow asked at Gabunel as he is the only one that responded.

"We do not know, the last thing we remember is touching a giant monster skull and looking at a dark light that filled the base." Gabunel explained to the unknown. "I see... Well no matter those who come die and there is no going back. I'll go back to sleep and next time I wake up, there will be no ants." with that said the unknown pressure disappeared along with the voice, and chaos resumed.

"SHUT UP!" and so everyone looked at who it was. Surprisingly it wasn't Gabunel but Alfred. "This is the temple of the Unknown God, Chaos, happiness, sadness, he feeds on all of them. So calm down! You are feeding the God of this temple. And while you guys where sinking into despair I have scouted up ahead inside the temple!" Gabunel had a surprised face as even he didn't know much about Alfred, all he knew was that he came from the Ogood family.

"So what do we do? We are stuck here because of your stupid fossil!" A guy clearly not happy was screaming at Gabunel, but everyone stayed silent waiting for Gabunel to say something, after all it was his fault touching the skull. 'I guess the safest bet is to give Alfred leadership for now, I always thought Ogood family was suspicious... maybe they know more than me?'

"For now I will give leadership to Alfred since he knows something!" this to some may look like a stupid move to give up command in the middle of a emergency, it looks like a cowards move, but Gabunel wasn't the type to do this he was prideful and not stupid. But then why would he do it?

It was simple. He trusted Alfred. Alfred was with Gabunel since when Alfred was 8 years old, and he saw Alfred more than just a slave working in his excavations. But if he thinks it though the one who found the skull was Alfred, and Gabunel was the one to teach Alfred about leadership, better than Alfred constantly telling him what is what in every corner just to explain it back to the workers.

"Thank you Sir Gabunel. For trusting me"Alfred thanked Gabunel, and Gabunel just nodded with a smile.

1