chapter 4
14 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five years later, at the outskirts of a forest.

A young man, seemingly 15-16 years old. Dressed in leather and fur, this once young boy has become a young man, roughly one and a half meters in height, a full set of hairs sleek back using some form of wax.

A quiver full of steel tipped arrows by his side, crouching silently in behind a bush. Aiming his arrow at a rabbit, his hand slightly trembling from the short bow’s tension.

With a *swish* he let loose the arrow, watching it whizzing by the foliage and nearly hitting the rabbit, instead striking deeply into the tree behind it. The sudden sound panicked the little critter, causing it to ran away as fast and far away as possible.

“Damn” a very annoyed Kaivan grumbled as he retrieved his arrow.

A sound of breaking twig, there is something behind him.

Quickly turning around, notching a arrow onto his bow, retreating behind a tree.

“IDENTIFY YOURSELF.” He shouted out towards the sound.

“WAIT, WAIT its me,” stumbling through the dirt, leaning his hands towards the trees as support.

Out comes the large frame of Kvata, looking around, frustrated by the thick foliage.

The once chubby boy Kvata has grown to a much bigger form, a long scraggly his head. A large hulking figure for some one so young, a stalk contrast to young chubby boy from before.

Sighing in resignation, “you really shouldn’t be out here , weren’t you supposed to be shepherding your herd?”

“They’re fine where they are, there’s something more important to talk about.” Whined Kvata as he swiped his hand to swipe away a few of the branches that was getting caught on his fur cloak.

As the two made their way back, Kaivan ducked and weaved through forest with a wolf like swiftness. While Kvata simple bash through it like a wild bear, crushing everything around him.

“What could be so important that you had to come out here to meet me for?” inquired Kaivan, seeing that there might be some thing of significant. For Kvata of all people to be the one to make contact with him.

“The Dark-Claws, they’re back, the elders are tryin to postpone the conversation and sent me out to get you.” Answered Kvata, clearly unamused by the they’re arrival.

At least to the point that he had accepted the order to temporarily abandon his herd to come get him.

“So what exactly are those fuckers planning right now?” taking out a a piece of mint, chewing on it as he spoke. Throwing out out a handful to Kvata, of which he fetched to chew as well.

“Don’t know…heard some talks of a ‘truce’. Tch, can you believe that? A fuckin truce? From the Dark-Claws of all things.” Said Kvata, fuming as he does, taking out his anger on the poor trees around him.

“Those mother fuckers, just wait till we have our ritual initiation.” Blood shot eyes staring at the path ahead, Kvata, “the bear” as he is called by the tribe people. Walked with a heavy stomp, seemingly shaking the are around with each step.

“Calm down, kvata. Don’t lose your ‘wits’, keep calm.” said Kaivan, moving through the wood completely nonchalant to his friend’s anger.

“Beside, this ‘truce’ that they’re proposing. If it works, means that everyone can live a little longer yeah? I think it’s a good thing.”

Kvata, responding with silent as he made his way through the wood, his ‘edge’ subsiding from Kaivan’s words.

“I know, it’s just…something doesn’t fit well with me about it.”

“HAH, since when did the Dark-Claw not give anyone from our tribe a bad feeling.”

“I gotta say, this is a great place you’ve picked,” kvata looked around the forest as he walked. “No wonder why you love to hunt here.”

“Yeah, it’s a good place to hunt, but where ever there’s game…there is also danger,” with a jolt Kaivan moved quick to the side, aiming his arrow up at the tree tops.

Launching an arrow at the one of the branches, striking the shadows currently hidden on top of them, causing it to lose balance and fell.

With a loud crashed, the giant creature feel down towards the pair. Knocking Kvata a dozen feet away from the blast. While Kaivan, although managing to hide behind a tree was not completely safe either.

The creature, this chitin armored creature standing up on eight legs, its four fangs opened wide to show a set of 4 mandibles, the giant demonized spider stood nearly 12 feet tall. Its’s 12 eyes observing the environment around him, carefully observing the 2 prey that managed to escape it’s grasp.

“GAAARGH,” shouted Kvata, slamming both of hand together, creating a loud boom. Pulling back the now bright copper skinned arm, a metallic shimmer underneath the sun-rays.

Smiling brightly as he prepares to lunge at the creature, calling out to Kaivan. “COVER ME.”

With a snap, Kaivan jumped 6 feet into the air, climbing onto the tree tops, “Oh please, you think I’ll let you have all the glory? On three.”

“THREE.” Shouted Kvata, Charging at the creature, running as fast as his body could allow, similar to how a rock rolling down the hill.

The momentum he could muster was immense, rushing at the spider, swinging his copper like left hand from below into an upper cut. Slamming into the one spider’s fangs, shattering it into pieces, spewing venomous substance over the surrounding.
Stumbling backward from the impact, the spider reach out one of it’s leg to grab Kvata.

*THUNK*

a sharp pain impacted upon its joint, an arrow piercing between the chitinous armor.

*CRACK*

before it could react, another impact struck at it’s head. Sparing no time to waste, kvata swung down his right fist like a hammer. Striking it’s head with a loud crash, Cracking the chitin and scrambling the brain from within with the shock wave of impact.

The spider, now dead slumped down on the ground lifelessly.

“Good job,” praised Kaivan as he descended from the tree tops.

“Phew, and you didn’t do shit the whole time.” mocked Kvata, smiling arrogantly.

“Yah, sure. Not like you were completely unaware of it until I pointed it out or anything…oh what’s that?

Oh wait, is that the arrow that some how managed to lodge itself into the spider’s joint, causing it to unable to grab your into a hug of death?” Kaivan jumped down from the tree tops, feinting surprise in the most obvious way possible.

“Meh, I still did all the work.” Shrugged Kvata as the two approached the spider’s corpse.

“What do you think? A demonized beast this large? And at this time of the year?” asked Kvata.

Most beast don’t demonized unless driven to the extreme, at the worst of winters times. And even that didn’t make them this big. not to mention it is currently the time of spring, when prey were at it’s most abundant.

“We’re in spring, a demonized beast coming out at this time? This is not good.” Kaivan said Grimly, taking out a sharp knife. Stabbing deeply into it’s abdomen, jabbing his hands deep into the spider’s corpse.

“Any stones in there?” asked Kvata, he never liked digging into beast innards, letting out a sigh of relief when Kaivan did instead.

“YUP, there’s a stone alright,” Kaivan pulled his hand out of the beast’s carrion, revealing a red jewel, roughly the side of a fist, semi-spherical in shape, glowing slightly with a red tint.

“That’s…big…” shocked by the size of the stone, Kvata look up to the spider. “How old is this thing?”

“From the size? Roughly 20-25 years old.” Washing his hand as he respond, putting away the stone into his pouch. Looking back at the spider, with a deep frown.

“We need to go back, that truce still has to be dealt with first.”

0