DTT-NewLife-Chapter 6 – First Time Burglar, did it actually work??
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Silver leaved the Adventurers guild the sun was already setting….

 

“I can’t possibly register in the Adventurers guild as a thief besides even if I could I don’t have any money to pay the register or buy a weapon so doing missions would be impossible”. Silver was lost in thoughts while looking around the city.

He found himself in front of a considerably big building that had a sign of a tavern…

From the outside it looks welcoming, snug and pleasant. Large stones and stone beams make up most of the building's outer structure.
It's tough to see through the large, stained glass windows, but the passionate voices from within can be felt outside.

As he entered the tavern through the old, hardwood door, he was welcomed by clapping hands and a pleasant atmosphere.
The bartender is quite busy, but still manages to welcome you with a wave.

It's as alluring inside as it is on the outside. Rounded, stone beams support the upper floor and the ambient lights attached to them. The walls are clear of anything, though signs do show plenty of things used to hang on the walls, though they've probably been knocked off by customers who had too much to drink.

The tavern itself is packed. Travelers seem to be the primary clientele here, which often indicates great food. Several long tables are occupied by separate groups who, after having had quite a few drinks, seem to be trying to prove which group is best. The other, smaller tables are also occupied by people who are clearly having a good time. Even most of the stools at the bar are occupied, though nobody seems to mind more company.

“This is the perfect place…” Silver was getting really excited and at same time nervous, if he was found out trying to steal from someone, he would probably get beaten up.

He starts to make is way to one of the stools at the bar where he saw some drunkards drinking like there was no tomorrow.

He adjusts himself right behind one of the drunkards and another person and calls the bartender

Silver was drawing ever closer to his target. His heart was racing. If he saw through him, he would be doomed!

Silver Lean activated Steal.

Steal was Unsuccessful

Shit, I failed!

The drunkard grew a little restless, and started to look around, but found nothing.

After a while, the drunkard settled down and returned to drinking and talking loudly. Silver activated Steal again.

You have obtained 3 Silver Pieces from Jay Cobb.

Silver’s eyes widened in surprise. He actually did it.

At this moment, Silver Lean noticed the Drunkard Jay Cobb glaring at him.

“Despicable Thief! Wretched thief!” Jay Cobb cursed Silver. He had seen through his actions and grabbed Silver hand. The nearby friend of this drunkard started surrounding him.

Shit! I was discovered! Silver noticed all these People in the surroundings staring at him. They started to take of their swords and other weapons.

He had no choice, he needed to run as fast as he could…

But he was getting surrounded, he needed to think fast, or his way out would be blocked.

He noticed a mug with beer near and picked it up and throw it to jay cobb, to force him to release his hand, as the same time he tried to use steal while starting to make is way out of the bar.

When he got outside, he started to run at full speed, he needed to hide in a dark corner and use stealth, but with them so close to him was almost impossible

“F**k if I would have known, I would have used all my points on dexterity”

“THIEF, CACTH HIMMM” Jay Cobb and his friends yell while starting to get behind.

They just had to much to drink,  they could possible catch up to Silver, one of them even ended up throwing up.

……………………………………………………

In a dark alley

Silver as all alone now, he manages to leave them behind…

“Sigh… if they aren’t that drunk, I would probably have been beaten up…”

He now stars to wonder…

“Wait, where ‘re the things I stole from them…” Silver starts looking through his clothes but found nothing, he is starting to worry.

“Did I almost got beaten up for nothing? But it said I had success????”

“Wait maybe there’s an inventory, since I have stats”

(Well these are thoughts, he isn’t speaking alone, well maybe somethings are said out loud… ex: when you forgot something or that kind of thing)

(ah now that I think about it, I forgot to tell you, I changed class to job, sounds better and makes more sense).

He was thinking of trying to call the inventory, but choose to call stats first to check if there was any change.

Information window

            [Name] Silver Lean

            [Sex] Male

            [Age] 21

            [Race] Human

            [Level] 1

            [Job] Thief

            [Title] None

Stats Windows:

Points: 0

            [Vit] 5

            [int] 1

            [wis] 1

            [str] 6

            [dext] 8 +1

Skills: Stealth Lv1 (2/10) and Steal Lv1 (0 /10)

“Ohhh, I got an extra point, probably due to all that running, and my stealth as now something that looks like a counter”

“If this world make’s sense, the skill will probably level up when I get it to 10”

Silver now tried to call the inventory, but nothing happened, he was almost giving up on the hope of getting anything from all that, but on the left bottom of the stats window there was a gift box.

Silver pointed at the gift box and tried to click on it, he made it in an unconscious way not expecting to work ,but to is surprise it did work, since he used a tablet to make is configs to this world, maybe this system was programmed to work this way.

“He didn’t really have much hope for that, but it actually worked “

You received 3 Silver Pieces

You Received an Iron Dagger

Silver has really happy, he did it he finally had money to buy the things he need to go out of the city.

It’s was already the middle of the night so Silver probably could get an inn, the only type that should be opened by now, should be the ones in the red-light district.

He really wanted to go there, “having a go with a demi-human should be pretty wild “that’s what he was thinking but he needed to save to buy things besides he didn’t actually know the money worth around here.

He ended up staying the night in a nearby stable, it smelled a bit, but it was this or sleeping on the streets.

0