The Unknown
1k 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter1: The Unknown

Day 1 - 5:22 AM

The harsh darkness of his room brought about the memory of his past, once more.

Time and again his thoughts making himself a miserable.

A poorly lit room,an organized things and a desktop computer could be seen displaying a movie that is paused the movie has been popular and many people also watched it.

A young man could be seen laying on his bed while holding his phone but instead of focusing, he's more like day dreaming.

Bryan 29 years old, he's been alone since he graduated from college but keep getting in touch with his family when he have time. Being alone has its advantage and also the disadvantage since being alone is dangerous because once you know how peaceful it is, you will never like to be bothered by anyone.

"Shit shit shit shit!!"

Sigh.

"Is there something wrong with this world or is there something wrong with me? My thoughts always reasoned that the universe is wide and endless, unknown and infinite while here I am having a problem for having no idea what my purpose in life is.

Bryan sighed again as his messed up thoughts occur again while he was distracted.

Suddenly the surroundings got quiet.

His monologue thoughts shattered when he noticed that none of the things around him was moving. He got up and walk to the door, he wanted to look outside to know what is happening but he hesitated and thought he should maybe start to observe his room to find clue on what is this phenomenon. 

His heart skip a beat unknown even to him whether it was excitement or anxiety or even something else.

He look throughout the things he can find in his room, while there's not much thing because he is minimalist with minor obsessive compulsive disorder that prevents him to have many things that looks disorganised. 

There was no clicking from the wall clock since the hands of the clock stop moving, appliances like electric fan has stop, my first thought was maybe there was a blackout but there was a wi-fi that has light and the computer is still on, but I guess my fan is just broken. I observed that this phenomenon is unbelievable but I did not panicked that much.

I looked through the window and I expected that there would be more people like me also observing this phenomenon but what I saw was the world is still, like the movie he is watching earlier when he paused it.

...

Time passed as he observed more and more things like his phone calling friends family numbers but no answer, browsed through internet for information but it only made him more confused because nothing is showing on the screen.

Because of his heart beating so fast, he got tired and decided to lay down on his couch inside his room, closed his eyes and breathe. Then, like a power switch back on appliances start working again. He open his eyes, got up and walked out of the house to look at everything returned back to normal.

"Yep, I knew something is wrong with this world and really something is wrong with me, shit shit shit!" while he was murmuring he walked back into the house thinking maybe this is glitch inside the matrix like in the movie. "Wait, will someone noticed that I am different than everyone? And some agent-looking like drag me to arrest." While he is in deep thought he heard a knock on the door.

He got up panicking maybe this is the time to say goodbye to my home and family even though nothing is happening. He thought that they will destroy his awareness like they will reprogram me like everybody else.

Knock knock!!

He open the door ready to accept his faith while still making a joke about his faithful but unfaithful life but didn't see anyone on the other side of the door. "Weird, Is this another glitch." Maybe they should fire their maintenance workers for not doing their job right." He laugh and go back inside.

Just when he turn his back from the door, he felt a slap from the back of his head and the body disappeared from the room, unconscious.

17