Chapter 41: Back to work
117 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On an evening, We were flying on the top of the mountainous range as we are on the way to a probable headquarter located on southeastern country. The sceneries are both beautiful and nostalgic. 

I did miss this country as I live on this nation my whole childhood in my previous life. It was getting dark, the sky had an orange tint, and birds fly to their nests.

We're almost ready as we suit up and brought equipment needed on this operation.

" Natasha, is the base really is hiding deep in the mountain range" Sam asked. " How often do they get supplies?"

" They don't necessarily get supplies too often, they have workers on the farm to supply their food consumption." Natasha replied.

" What is their purpose for hiding deep in this ranges?" Wanda asked. " Are they hiding something to dangerous like making biological weapons?"

Wanda's guess is spot on. This trip will be stopping the people from making a weapon similar to virus that will endanger life and destroy everything instantly.

" The clue I got was from insider who can't take the pressure anymore as they are scientists force to make a weapon virus-like to cripple the person and attack everyone nearby like a crazy person." Natasha reported what she got.

" So the way this virus works are convenient to strike huge gathering of people, then making everyone fight each other and create chaos." I get the idea of the biological weapon. " But, what is the purpose of the one who plan to make this?"

Pietro " Who is the targets of this weapon?"

Suddenly, Captain Steve speak, " No matter what reason they have for making this weapon , Our main purpose is to stop this from being a danger to the world." 

" The have already been proven to be effective to small scale of crowds tested to a lonely town next to this country." Natasha answered. " The potential danger of this weapon if distributed to the whole world will stop even the economy of a country leading to its downfall."

" People will panic, because of shortage of everything, create rally and even ousting the government will turn the country into a civil war" Lyla added.

" Then this virus will strike again as large gathering of people will fight each other to death and reduce both sides fighting power." Sam concluded.

" This is a weapon to take over a country while standing and watching on the sidelines while slowly taking the power to control the people and rule them unknown to the people that they've been played." Captain Steve remarked. As a patriotic soldier, fighting for his country is his belief but being a pawn of someone who has an ambition to rule a country forcefully is something he will not take lying down.

" The people who planned this is similar to Hydra and the Germans on previous two world wars." Steve continued.

" Are we gonna destroy all of those things or are we going to take samples?" I asked as everyone look at me. " You know, studying it to create a cure or suppression something, what if this is not the only place they make that."

" He has a point, this may not be the only place and we need to have a back up to counterattack this type of virus." Natasha also thought about it.

Our meeting carry on until we started the operation and hop down from the Quinjet, I and Sam take flight, he studied the periphery and I started to take out the guards patrolling the top.

The place is brightly lit up on the inside. It looked modern in the middle of the jungle but it has a complete farming system to keep up with the daily consumption instead of getting supplies from the outside world.

There is risk being noticed so they first started to farm with the workers they took from everywhere, family of farmers, for each livestock and vegetables with grains and stem vegetables.

This workers are kidnapped but they didn't get treated bad or a slave, they have limited but peaceful life on this sanctuary, they have their own community and this place even gave them salary like a real workers.

' I should ask Captain Steve and Natasha not to destroy this community and let them continue to live their lives.' Back to the work, Lyla and Pietro is on the Inside with Natasha, only Natasha is an expert in hacking so she's infiltrating inside with Lyla and Pietro prevent the alarm going off and alert everyone.

Captain met with Sam to take one side to fight the enemies who already noticed that they are being attacked. I took Wanda with me to the opposite side and deal with the people, Wanda let the workers on the farm sleep with her magic and I took out everyone else on high ground.

My optic blast is very handy for long range as I just need to look to knock out people from far away. Gunshots and explosion sounded everywhere but there is no victims fighting only the people hired to protect this place.

Mercenaries and private people armed from head to toe is still no match for us enhanced. We have powerful abilities and trained as well as experienced to have unstoppable offensive.

Half an hour, the inside is already taken care of by Wanda, Lyla, Pietro and Natasha. I sent Wanda inside to quickly finish the inside as the outside is not difficult as I alone is enough.

After an hour of fighting and taking all the important stuff away from the place, the facility broke down from fire to not leave any trace.

Getting on Quinjet, this mission is still exhausting but not the most difficult. I will be alright as long as It is not underwater mission that will require us to deep dive on the dark and scary ocean. 

My physique is evolving and even my eyes have more gold and no longer just a tint.

Wanda's hair is the same, It is more reddish than Natasha's previous hair color.

Pietro is the same, his hair completely silver now and maybe it will be white in the future.

" Captain Steve, are we going to Wakanda to send this stuff?" I asked as Wakanda has the most resources to study this virus. " why don't you request a weapon like another shield just not the rounded like the previous?"

Captain Steve is already thinking about meeting his best friend again.

" Sure "

" Do you think they will accept if I ask to upgrade my uniform, maybe have a vibranium clothes?" I asked them. My proposal was tempting as even Sam is having a thoughtful expression. " Sam you can ask them If they can upgrade your wings like a feather-like metal and stronger jetpack that will let you fly faster?" 

The temptation is not easy to refuse but he's a soldier disciplined enough not to voiced his thoughts without thinking carefully.

" Asking isn't going to hurt, what's worse can happen" Natasha encourage us to ask.

2