The chance was given to me.
925 9 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Do I have to suffer miserably in this life too?'

Even contemplating deeply, he could not understand the reason for his great bad luck.

Why should he suffer even more loss in this new life? Hadn't he already suffered enough in his previous life? Why continue to walk the same bumpy road?

Wasn't the big green hat his wife had put on his head enough? Should he now suffer another worse one?

Besides his fiancée being stolen, he would become a cripple with every bone in his body destroyed. So would his dantian and meridians.

His powerful Profound Heaven sect would be destroyed in the future by the protagonist.

Li Chang is so unlucky, was he cursed by the gods?

He was a good man in his former life, he never offended the gods or desecrated their temples, he always left offerings for them. But the gods didn't understand his good deeds and were being so mean to him. Pushing him to another cruel fate.

So how could Li Chang remain calm and not feel a deep hatred!

He failed to remain calm in his previous life and was torn apart by it. Committing murder and suicide. And now he was about to walk the same path.

Li Chang wanted to avoid the disaster flag, but it was practically impossible. The protagonist's absurd luck and his fate would not allow it. Moreover, Li Chang himself is not that strong, his cultivation level has been stagnant for a long time. 

His cultivation talent cannot be compared to that of his mother or sister. He was far below both of them.

And to make matters worse, the original Li Chang is a lazy man, he never liked to cultivate, he always opted for the easier means like medicinal baths and pills.

And his only power gains in the story, was when Li Chang used forbidden arts to try to defeat the protagonist.

Needless to say, his plan failed miserably, ending with his broken bones, dantian and meridians destroyed.

The original Li Chang is a licking dog, he spent most of his time licking his fiancée's feet. Jin Mulan, commonly known as the sixth heroine.

'If only I could crush that lucky bastard...' 

Li Chang wailed.

[Ding!]

[The host has been successfully located. The support system was successfully installed]

A mechanical voice is suddenly in Li Chang's mind.

Li Chang was shocked for a moment and then excited. As an avid reader of novels full of clichés, he understood what was happening.

[The support system was prepared specifically to help the host in his growth as a cultivator]. 

A lot of information and red screens began to flow in Li Chang's mind.

In simple terms, the system will give Li Chang a chest containing an item once a day. These chests will be chosen randomly, similar to a roulette draw. The items inside will vary in level, and can be normal Qi pills or legendary cultivation techniques. 

For the draw, Li Chang's luck should help him at such times, but unfortunately he doesn't have much luck to help him.

'So, can I win items that will actually help me increase my stagnant cultivation?'

At that moment, Li Chang was extremely happy in his heart. The chance to reverse his cruel fate appeared, he could grow exponentially and crush the protagonist.

If the right items arrived, they would be far superior to the protagonist's chance encounters. Li Chang could increase his cultivation talent and quickly rise in the cultivation realms.

He had earned a golden finger!

Unfortunately, there is one crucial problem. The time Li Chang needs to increase his cultivation level. He needs enough time to improve himself and change the opinion of the people around him. He doesn't want to continue to be known as a licking dog.

Li Chang needs to change his reputation, his subservient relationship with his fiancée Jin Mulan, and create good connections.

Li Chang's only major support comes from his Profound Heaven sect, precisely from his mother, the only person who truly cares about him.

Because of his attitudes and his mother's favoritism, his older sister has begun to hate him. And so do the people around him, all of whom carry bad feelings toward him in their hearts.

His fiancée Jin Mulan hates him completely. His licking dog attitude only displeases her more, but he is also terrible at reading the mood and didn't realize it.

Therefore, Li Chang will try to change everything, erasing his past image in people's minds and creating the image of a genuine villain.

In his view, the world itself did not care about his happiness.

So there was no reason for Li Chang to hold back now that he had obtained a golden finger.

This world is very cruel, the weak will always be swallowed by the strong, that is the fundamental law of this world.

To avoid being swallowed, Li Chang should be the one who devours others.

He would just be following the law of this world!!!

"J-young master, wake up"

While thinking about his next steps, the shy, sweet voice sounded in his ears once again.

Looking at the memories rooted in his mind, Li Chang recognized the owner of the voice. Xu Qianqian, his personal servant.

She was just doing her job of waking up her young master.

Li Chang opened his eyes and was faced with the ancient furniture. The faint smell of fragrant incense was present in the air.

Turning his face to the side, Li Chang found his servant Xu Qianqian. A young woman of short stature, she was wearing a fluffy pink blouse and a long skirt. Her long black hair that was tied in a double ponytail brushed her slender waist.

Her small hands trembled as they held her thin skirt, her timid and fearful gaze did not face Li Chang directly.

Li Chang just looked at her for a moment and spoke indifferently.

"Qian, go prepare my bath."

Timidly nodding his head, Xu Qianqian hurriedly left, almost stumbling on his way out.

Finding himself alone in the room, Li Chang moved his body and sat down on the bed.

"Today will be the banquet at the city lord's mansion, in celebration of his 47th birthday."

Li Chang scratched his chin. He was trying to remember the first event involving the original Li Chang and the protagonist.

That meeting took place on the twenty-third birthday of his fiancée Jin Mulan, and around a few months later, there was the lord's banquet for his fiftieth birthday.

With this information, one can deduce that it is more than two years until the meeting with the protagonist. At this point, he must be conquering other heroines and rapidly increasing his cultivation, as well as making several connections.

There's still a long time before they meet, at this point Li Chang won't be the same as he was in history

"System, I want to receive my item of the day"

......

Note: we will have small time jumps.

The system will be gone for a while, just a few mentions and that's it. I don't want to write chapters with system descriptions only.

15