Sweet Married Life (One-shot)
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My marriage is failing.

While I do understand that my husband is busy, I still feel anxious and lonely. Whenever he's home, he doesn't come to say anything to me except for a few words. He proceeds to eat dinner and then wash up. After that, he'll go to sleep and when I wake up the next day, he's already gone.

It makes me feel as if I'm not in a married life.

"Oh no! Is this marriage failing?"

"Can I still take it back? Route to a Happy Marriage or Route to Divorce?"

"Is Divorce the only way?"

I slammed down my phone as various articles appeared. I came to the point where I had to search the web for something like this.

"Why not try seducing him?"

That's what my friend said and so...

I ordered the raciest lingerie I found. Although it embarrasses me to the point that I feel like I'm doing something I'll regret, for the sake of my married life, I resolved myself.

"What are you doing? It's cold."

That's what my husband said as he tucked me inside the blanket, adding another layer on top of me.

I was so embarrassed that I couldn't remember anything else except burying myself under the layers of covers.

"He didn't fall for it?!"

I shushed my friend who suddenly shouted. The other people stared at us for a few moments but they thankfully turned their attention elsewhere.

My friend looked at me with questions in her eyes, "okay, I think I overreacted a tad bit but you have to tell me the whole story."

And that's what I did.

My friend looked at me with narrowed eyes as she pinched her nose bridge. "Girl...."

I looked at her anxiously, waiting for what she was about to say. "Tell me, are you okay?"

???

I nodded, "apart from my marriage being like this, I'm all fine."

I heard her mumble, "ok, you're just either stupid or dense, thank God."

???

She placed her hands on the table, her long styled-nails shining, "keep up the good work. He'll fall soon."

"But he wasn't interested?"

"Oh dear me, darling, just keep on doing the initiative. Men like those and your husband is no exception."

I nodded while still lost.

When my husband came back home, he proceeded to still wrap me up in a bundle although what changed was that I was no longer hiding underneath the covers. Maybe I'm getting used to wearing these lingerie.

We continued like that for a few days.

"Wow, your husband has such willpower."

I nodded, "yeah, but I think it's working."

My friend raised an eyebrow, "ohh, tell me the deets girl."

I smiled as I said, "my husband now hugs me to sleep. It's been a while since he did that."

I kept on reminiscing about the feeling and my friend had to tap me on my shoulders just so I would wake up.

"I question the world why you think you have a problematic marriage."

It is problematic, that's why I'm taking all these initiatives.

••••••••••••••••••

My wife is too much.

I love her with all my heart and with her standing in front of me being gorgeous and all... It's taking all of my willpower not to pounce on her.

"What are you doing? It's cold." It's already the cold time of the year and with her wearing so little, she might catch a cold.

I took all the blankets I could find and wrapped her up. I can see her turning red, trying to hide under these covers. She doesn't know that every action she does, I was able to witness them.

Ahh, she's too adorable.

It continued like that and I'm too distracted that I wasn't able to focus on my work.

"Chief, why the good mood?" One colleague asked as he handed me the report.

I gave a deep sigh, "my wife is too much."

He grimaced, "ah, wife being too naggy? I can understand. My wife's like that too and..."

He continued on to tell about his unfortunate circumstances. I do want to interrupt him but it seems he's too immersed with his memories.

When he finally finished, I asked "are you done?"

He was surprised and gave a shy smile, "don't worry chief, you just need to coax her and everything would be fine! With your good looks and temperament, I'm sure your wife would be happy with you soon."

He proceeded to march out the door, making me unable to correct the misunderstanding. How did he even come to that conclusion when he noticed that I was in a good mood?

It seems I need to train them about their comprehension.

"Darling, don't you want to have a massage?" My wife asked as we were getting ready for bed. She's still wearing those seductive clothes and with that question, I feel like I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

So I wrapped her up and... I can at least do something just a bit more, right?

I didn't take my arms back and just let them wrap around her. I was careful not to exert too much force but all I want to do is just hold her so tight that she wouldn't be able to escape.

"How's the wife, chief? All good?" My colleague came again and it seems that it's my opportunity to be able to explain.

And so that's what I did.

"Wait, so... Your wife is... Wow. I wish my wife is like that."

I glared at him and he raised his hands, "Woah, calm down chief! I'm not gonna take your wife. My wife might be a pain but she's the pain that I want!"

His words are a bit questionable and I strongly feel that my subordinates need to add a few seminars in their schedule, especially the one in front of me.

"Say chief, why do you think your wife is being like that? Does it usually happen or is this the first time?"

"It's not a common thing but I think it'll be the usual if I don't stop her."

"Do you want her to stop?"

I looked at the picture on my desk. It's a picture of my wife with the most beautiful smile. "I don't want to."

"Ah~ life is so unfair."

I raised a brow at that, "why?"

My colleague grinned, "you should've seen your face. It's clearly written how much you love your wife."

"Is that so?"

I truly love my wife so much.

1