Chapter 1. The Boy Named Yuya Kanzaki
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A brand-new morning. The birds are chirping and the trees are looking forward to the warm sun. In every term, today was a very good morning. More especially for the students of Oonaka Arts University, since today is the start of a new semester.

The newcomers are excited, all eager to learn. But in the midst of it, lies an anomaly. A black-haired individual, dozing off in this first class of the semester. His arms are on the desk with his glasses beside them, and he is in his sleep, truly dreaming the best of all times.

“Yuya Kanzaki! Yuya Kanzaki!”

But a sudden stern voice interrupts his good sleep. Discarding it as an annoyance, he – Yuya scoffed it off and closed his eyes more tightly to make sure sunlight didn’t enter and disturb his sleep. But as he didn’t respond, the sound became more and more louder inside his dreams.

“Yuya-san! Yuya-san!”

After finding a familiar voice calling him and shaking him, Yuya finally yawned and opened his eyes slowly, making sure to block the sunlight with his hands. And then he turned his head towards the caller.

“Oh! Kyouya, what happened?”

Beside him sat a boy, not too different from his age. He too was black-haired, but he looked more earnest, unlike his lazy demeanor in this class. His name was Hashiba Kyouya, a friend of his living in the same sharehouse to attend this university.

“Yuya-san, that…”

Kyouya gulped and eyed behind him, trying to gesture to him with all his might. But Yuya, as sleepy as he was couldn’t understand what Kyouya was talking about unless he heard a very familiar voice that called him loudly in dreams.

“Yuya Kanzaki!”

“Wha?! Who is it?!”

The sudden loud noise startled the sleepy Yuya, making him stand on the desk in fear. The whole class erupted in laughter finding his antics, but it did nothing but fuelled the anger in the person in front of Yuya.

A woman, red-haired, groomed in a professional suit. She was a beauty, not one of a kind but still a good one. 

“Quiet.”

Her voice carried a certain amount of authority, and it was evident since her one word made the whole class silent. And she looked at Yuya who was still standing on the top of the desk, and asked him the question she wanted to ask.

“Yuya Kanzaki, why are you sleeping here?”

“Before that, can I ask you one thing?”

Anger was shooting through her roof, but still, the red-haired woman controlled it as much as she could. She wished she could order this student to get out, but considering this was the first class, she just resisted her urge.

“What it is?”

But the next question was nothing but a sparkle that made her anger explode. 

“I am sorry but who are you?”

---

“Damn, that woman! How could I know that she is our teacher?”

It was the first class of the semester, and it was inevitable for him to not know her identity, since he slept from the start, even during the moments of introduction.

“So, she is that teacher? From the memories, she did look the same.”

The anger that should persist for a moment was gone. All of it was replaced with curiosity. The curiosity of Yuya upon finding that teacher was the same as the image in his mind. 

That teacher named Misaki Kanou was indeed a character. A character he knew from the memories deep within his mind that came soon after an incident during his childhood.

He found memories of someone of a different world, who was a bonafide otaku. And he inherited several memories, especially the ones with anime-related content. At first, he was baffled. But soon he checked, rechecked, and found many similarities.

Sometimes, it caused a bit of personality disorder within him, but as soon as he grew, he accepted his identity as a person from both worlds. And because of the memories, Yuya himself took an interest in anime production. He wanted to create animation, the ones embedded within his memories, and wanted everyone to see it.

That’s why from a young age, he got into it. he accumulated skills as much he could, and worked hard to earn money as well. All for his future dream. And here he is, at the Oonaka Arts University which will be his last springboard responsible for launching him towards his dream.

“Misaki Kanou… Bokutachi No Remake… Interesting.”

It was interesting but that’s it. He has no time to waste pondering over it. In his childhood, he kind of felt superior having memories of a different world, but then understood that he is no God. These all might be characters in his previous life but not in this one. All of them are humans, and who is he for being arrogant for deeming them as characters?

Everything is genuine. 

---

Kitayama Sharehouse.

It was a rented house used by several students to live together. And one of them is Yuya. As soon as he returned from the university, he went to his room and was cooped inside. It was not because of the public scolding from the teacher. His character is sturdy enough to not be broken by anyone. He is inside for his project. His long-planned project. 

Unlike other students, his room was nothing but a mess. His room was filled with electronic stuff. In one corner, a computer was lying on a table with a big inch monitor with multiple screens attached to it. Next to it was a drawing studio with all the necessary drawing equipment.

And he was sitting down in front of his studio, working on drawing his anime. The first anime he made in this world. And Yuya didn't want to lack in any way. That’s not only his but his previous life’s motto as well.

When it comes to anime, there should be no compromise.

That’s how Yuya Kanzaki, a person who loves anime more than anyone in this world lives. 

1