Chapter 4
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dong NiuGe’s physique was very ordinary for his age. However, due to the fact that his cultivation was higher than Tai Hua’s by leaps and bounds, he could still manage to beat Tai Hua to near death every fight (with an asterisk).

Tai Hua did not feel nervous to fight Dong NiuGe, as usual. It wasn't that he was overconfident in his abilities, but rather that his skin was thick and he had no face to lose anyway. This time though, the lack of anxiety didn't come from a sense of knowing he had nothing to lose, but rather his confidence in Fu Xing’s guidance and his newly acquired super-cultivation! Hopefully.

“You’re aware of the rules; Let the duel commence!” 

Dong NiuGe started off offensively as he always did- charging at Tai Hua like the stupid bull his name resembled.

Tai Hua braced himself, ready to dodge to either side.

‘Are you daft? Why are you just standing there?’

NiuGe swung his right fist at Tai Hua. 

Miss! Tai Hua lowered his entire body in time. Turning around and grabbing Tai Hua’s outstretched arm, he attempted to use the stupid bull’s momentum to throw him onto the ground, jiu jitsu style.

'Don't turn your back on him… stupid.’

“Hey, turning to flee?” Dong NiuGe successfully escaped Tai Hua’s grasp and kicked the already down Tai Hua.

‘I don't believe I've ever seen such a stupid strategy backfire so horrendously!’ Fu Xing commented mildly.

'Here's a tip: mixed martial arts don't work in real life. Whatever those elders in the square told you, were likely some old wives tale. Or maybe they work in fossil-fights. Haha.’

Tai Hua felt his face redden. He got up before the 5 second time limit was up, signaling the end of the duel. 

“Hey, you can have the next move, shixiong.” Shit-filled face grinning, Dong NiuGe waved his hands innocently.

A moment passed.

‘Oh, you're looking to me for advice? Be warned, I'm not good at much other than sarcastic quips.’

‘Let me think… This kid plays very offensively. His defense is lowered when he attacks. Seriously, the kid wouldn’t notice a brick flying at him when throwing a punch. Ah, not that it matters anyway since “you have the next move”? Kick his shins.’

Alright, I'll do it myself.

Knowing that Dong NiuGe’s defense was extremely lowered when he attacked was pretty helpful. 

Tai Hua threw a half assed punch at Dong NiuGe. Even if it connected, there wouldn't be an impact.

Predictably, bull-bro immediately dodged and went for a counter attack.

Tai Hua reached up his hands in an X to block the hit, and at the same time kicked upwards.

‘Ooh, fatality.’

The match ended after that with Dong NiuGe on the ground, near vomiting and Tai Hua holding in his laughter.

Tai Hua noticed from the corner of his sight that Dong ShuangZui was shaking ever so slightly.

There weren't any rules against targeting the family jewels, but at the same time it wasn't the most honorable of methods. Thus, one could conclude that most people cared enough about their reputation for it to be a given: no kicking the opponent’s nuts.

The problem with such a lack of an official rule meant that Dong ShuangZui couldn't do anything against Tai Hua for such a play either.

Stretching his battered arms, Tai Hua shot a small smile at Dong ShuangZui. 

Tai Hua, “Do I win?”

This keuking bastard.

Dong ShuangZui, “Er, yes, you do. This duel goes to Tai-”

“UUNCLEE!” Dong NiuGe lifted his head to look at the elder. “Th-this is prohibited! Right?!”

The poor man, caught in the conflict, was forced to think deeply about such a silly thing. Unused to dealing with conflict, he spotted a fellow elder in the distance. Internally crying in relief, he waved to Sang XingXi. 

“Sang-shijie!”

She walked over slowly. A suffocatingly sweet smell permeated the air the moment she came. 

“What appears to be the issue?”

She spoke in a languid manner, so much so that Dong ShuangZui really wished she would have more of a sense of urgency. After all, his paper-thin façade of honorable sect elder was on the line.

Dong ShuangZui, “Sang-shijie, there seems to be some… uncertainty about Tai Hua’s victory because of… foul play.”

Sang XingXi, “Ah, does it matter? Just declare one a winner and let it go.”

She lifted a dainty finger and pointed at Tai Hua. “He's the victor, right? So he wins.”

“Ah. Um. Yes, you win, Tai Hua.”

Dong NiuGe really couldn't do anything about it. Finally able to get up, he fumed at Tai Hua. 

“You'll pay… that was a lucky victory…”

“Uh-huh.”

Tai Hua came close to telling Dong NiuGe how he lost just to rub it in his face, but figured he could keep quiet about it for now so he could humiliate Dong NiuGe in the future.

‘I don't know if I can congratulate you, Hua. That was something.’

‘Even I don't stoop as low as that.’

Sang XingXi was prepared to leave, when she noticed Tai Hua staring intently at an ugly mound of fabric.

She watched as he picked it up, moving his lips. Strange, she thought. The boy didn't seem the type to be schizophrenic…


Apologies for both the delay and the drop in word count, we've hit a bit of a roadblock now. Hopefully we get more inspired? The plot is very flat right now, even the author cannot get engaged, haha. -QQBJ, editor 

1