Prologue
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a ritual called the Diadem in the realm of the other side. It is held every thousand years to select a successor to the throne. The pope of the Magic Council oversees this ritual. It is kept secret to prevent anyone from interfering in the process, especially the current sovereign.
"The time has come to select the candidates for the next monarch" muttered the old man while stroking his long white beard. He turned to the busy young man and asked,

"Are all the preparations ready?".

It's all in order, your holiness, replied the teen in a short breath while fixing his dull red hair.

"Good," says the pope, then turns his focus on a group of people standing by the side and asks,

"Are all of you already?"
Yes, responded the group in unison, standing straight in their white cloak with an emblem of various constellations.
Looking at their firmness the old man nods with satisfaction and speaks in a hoarse voice,

"If you want to back off, now is the last chance."

No, master, you have raised us to help you with the task. We are not thieves that run away after receiving the benefits. We will not repay the favor with a villain's heart.

"If that is your intention, then stand straight and take your place in the Sacrificial Formation for the blood sacrifice" shouted the old man.

Responding to the command, the cloaked people walk to their assigned position, then look at the old man for further instructions.
As the Pope glances at the lined-up people, he sighed lightly and says to the teenager next to him "Let's commence the ritual!"

Day-an nods his head and then begins chanting incomprehensible hymns. Following the rhythm of the chant, the old pope began gesturing various signs like an orchestra maestro. Soon a projection of a magic circle traced itself above the cloaked people. Once the circle was complete the pope gestured downward crushing all the people in formation into minced meat. After a few seconds of silence the blood, meat patties, and crushed bone merge into the shape of a teenage girl with feathery black wings. Once she was fully formed, the pope and the teen glanced at her without blinking.

Are you insects done looking at this one or do you want this one to dig your eyes out of your eye sockets? Hearing the sharp and chilling voice of a devilish woman old and the young awakened from their stupor. their bodies trembled with fear and sweats profusely ,then without a second thought, they both kneeled and pleaded for forgiveness.

Oh Messenger of the Magic Goddess Mistica, please forgive us for our errors.

The devilish girl looked at them with lost interest and said you low-life only sacrificed 500 people this time. This one is not happy but the covenant is still there. Hence, this one will be generous and will provide you, Pile of filth, with fifty magic totems. In the future, do not disappoint me. After saying her piece the devilish angel glowed radiantly and vanished. From the position where the lady disappeared, swarms of colorful butterflies spawns one after another. Seeing this, the old and the young's eye glows red with greed. 

For Audio Reading https://youtu.be/5fNBfU0YJV8?si=dn-w5d3rMQFjdfLq

0