Chapter 206
1.9k 8 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Damian woke up feeling his daughters' hands playing with his face and hair.

He opened his eyes drowsily and could only smile when he saw the three pairs of bright eyes looking at him.

"Daddy, you're lazy, it's already lunchtime," Ivy said, looking at her father.

Damian chuckled quietly before pulling his little ones towards him and hugging them while closing his eyes again.

Almost 10 minutes passed, and the girls couldn't bear it any longer, so they forced their father to get up.

"Their mothers?" Damian asked, looking at his daughters.

"Cortana said they went out to train," Alice said.

"Hm, well, let's go downstairs then," Damian said, nodding and smiling at them.

Alice and Ivy quickly approached their father, each taking one of his hands.

Emma looked annoyed at her sisters for rushing ahead, so she simply jumped and clung to her father's neck with a smile.

"How's school?" Damian asked his daughters as they walked.

"It's very easy," Alice said, looking up and smiling.

"We always get the highest score," Emma said, nodding as she played with Damian's hair.

"Well, it's a bit easy for you," Damian said, smiling.

"The combat classes are a bit boring; the kids are very weak and fall with a little push," Ivy complained.

"Girls, you have to understand that there's a big difference between you and humans. How about this: for today, you'll be like a normal human child your age," Damian said, smiling slightly before touching each one, creating a rune that suppressed their physical abilities.

Alice and Ivy suddenly felt weak and almost fell if Damian hadn't caught them in time.

"Daddy, this isn't funny," Alice said, sitting on the floor.

"I promise you, this is how 5-year-old kids are," Damian said, lowering Emma from his neck and placing her on the ground on her feet.

"I feel heavy," Ivy said, walking uncomfortably.

"It's just that you don't have the same strength in your legs anymore. Sometimes it's important to understand the difficulties of the weak, so you'll remain in that state until bedtime," Damian said, smiling at them. It was a bit harsh, but he thought it would be good mental development for them.

The three of them looked at their father with complaint.

"Don't you say school is easy? Now you're in the same situation as your classmates. Can't you live a day like this? Are those kids better than you?" Damian asked, looking at them seriously.

The three could only pout as they stood up.

"Alright, then I'll do the same as you," Damian said, touching himself and instantly carving a rune, immediately feeling a bit weak.

"Alright, let's go," Damian said, taking Emma in his arms and putting her on his shoulders, not nearly as easily as before.

The three walked to the dining room where Sophia was already sitting with Monica and Cortana.

Seeing the three girls struggling a bit to get on the chair, Sophia looked at them doubtfully.

"Dad turned us into normal girls," Alice said, still somewhat dissatisfied.

"I think it's good for you to experience another point of view," Sophia said, nodding.

"I was a normal human until I was 18, so you can't complain," Monica said, smiling at her little sisters.

Seeing that they didn't get support from anywhere, they could only bite into their food fiercely and endure it.

''Master, the next version of the system is almost ready, when should we update it?" asked Cortana looking at Damian.

"When it's ready, let's review it together and do the update," Damian said, nodding seriously.

"I wonder how the girls are doing training," Sophia said as she ate.

Damian chuckled, imagining the four of them fooling around somewhere.

"By the way, how's your mother? Isn't she going to give you a new sibling?" Damian teased.

Monica immediately put on a sour expression as she glared at her father.

"I still don't quite like that Loki guy," Monica said, annoyed.

"I hope you were at least courteous considering your mother," Damian said.

"I was courteous; Mom also gave me a good lecture about it," Monica said, pursing her lips.

"Oh! By the way, what has SWORD been up to during this time?" Damian asked curiously.

"They're mainly operating in South America, but they've almost become a private organization," Monica said, shrugging.

"The Amazon has been really out of control, and Mom has formed a perimeter protecting people from neighboring countries."

"She's been doing quite well; she has a lot of support, and the organization has grown a lot in size."

"That's good to hear," Damian said, nodding slightly.

Everyone finished eating before Damian dragged his daughters to the backyard.

Feeling them arrive, Tyr and the three little velociraptors immediately approached.

The Velociraptors had grown quite a bit and were already a meter and a half tall; seeing their mistresses, they immediately jumped on them, rubbing their heads as a sign of affection.

This usual display of affection ended with the three girls on the ground unable to withstand the velociraptors' strength.

"Blacky, you're heavy, get off," Emma said, pushing the dinosaur with her small arms.

Their bodies' durability was the same, so they wouldn't hurt each other, only the strength they had had diminished.

"Are human children really that weak? How come I can't lift it?" Ivy said, making all her effort but couldn't move it.

"A healthy adult can only lift around 120 pounds. Right now, you have the strength of a 5-year-old girl; it's impossible for you to lift it," Damian said.

"Daddy, I don't want this anymore," Alice said, looking at Damian with a pitiful expression.

Damian simply avoided her gaze before speaking.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, I think it's important for you to learn this lesson; it's just for a day."

''Daddy, you don't love me anymore," Alice said, feigning a sad voice.

"Sweetheart, don't make it harder for both of us," Damian said, pursing his lips and reminding himself that he must be strict this time.

Still, Damian quickly shooed away the velociraptors before helping his daughters to their feet.

"Alright, let's play ball now," Damian said, conjuring a ball.

As Damian played with his daughters, on the moon, four women were sitting talking thanks to a device generating a small atmosphere.

"How's it going?" Carol asked, looking at Ophelia and Natasha.

"I'm preparing to create the third circle," Ophelia said.

"I just created the second one; it's relatively easy," Natasha said.

"Magic is still good for strengthening the body," Carol said, nodding.

"You're the one having trouble," Ana said, looking at her.

"Hm, I've trained to compress my cosmic energy around my body, but there's also a limit I can bear. Although eventually, my body would adapt, I don't know how long it will take to be at the level of a celestial," Carol said honestly.

"Isn't your energy limitless?" Natasha asked, looking at her.

"Theoretically, it is," Carol said, nodding.

"Then why don't you create some sort of avatar of cosmic energy? You can compress the energy and as space is released, you expel more energy and compress it," Natasha said.

"An avatar?" murmured Carol thoughtfully before flying off the moon.

Her body covered by her most basic energy cloak suddenly lit up even more when her features disappeared, leaving only a condensed layer of energy.

That was her state when she fought Hercules; she believed that was her maximum state since the compressed energy gave her much more strength.

Calling up her state, she looked at her stats before taking the next step following Natasha's advice.

Carol Danvers

Species: Cosmic Human

Magic: (impossible to calculate)

Strength: 4,747

Agility: 4,820

Intellect: 4

After taking one last look, her body suddenly burst into a large amount of cosmic energy that began to take on a humanoid form.

Carol had her eyes closed as she focused on manipulating the vast amount of energy.

A vague humanoid form began to take shape around her, standing 10 meters tall and lacking any features or design; it looked like a rough sketch of a person.

Feeling like she was losing control, she exerted all her effort to stabilize her current form, ceasing her attempt to increase its size.

Looking down, she saw a pair of somewhat thin and unattractive limbs.

Being in the middle of space, she also had no perspective of her size; all she could do was call up her state again.

Carol Danvers

Species: Cosmic Human

Magic: (impossible to calculate)

Strength: 5,747

Agility: 5,820

Intellect: 4

Seeing that this was indeed a viable development route, she quickly began to experiment a bit.

Extending a hand, a large energy beam shot out at an incredible speed.

Suddenly struck by an idea, she focused, and two beams of golden energy also shot out from her eyes.

Carol chuckled to herself, feeling that this kind of energy body was very versatile.

After playing around for a while, she began to slowly release the energy before the humanoid figure collapsed, and she returned to her normal appearance.

Carol quickly flew back to the moon before landing in front of Ana, Natasha, and Ophelia.

"I feel exhausted," Carol said, lying down in Ana's lap while hugging her waist.

It was somewhat similar to the second form she used, although this time she felt even more tired; having so much energy continuously released from her body took its toll.

Her body in its normal state wasn't as strong.

"You did well; you just need to keep practicing," Ana said, smiling faintly as she ran her hands through Carol's blonde hair.

''It's a fool's workout, you just have to expel energy and let your body get used to it,'' Ophelia said laughing with Natasha.

''If I wasn't exhausted, I'd whip your asses, you two wimps," Carol said without even lifting her face from Ana's legs.

"Let's go back; it's getting dark," Ophelia said, looking at the Earth.

They all agreed before starting to return to Earth.

When the four arrived at the palace's courtyard, they saw their daughters lying on the ground, sweating and breathing rapidly.

What surprised them the most was that Damian was in a similar situation, except he was sitting near them.

"What are you doing?" Ana asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Today we experienced what it's like to be a normal human," Damian said, looking at them.

"Are you really that bored or what?" Carol mocked as she sat behind the girls and pulled them closer to her so they could rest their heads on her lap.

"I think it's a good experience to empathize with the weak," Damian argued.

"How about you empathize with my fist?" Carol said, looking annoyed as she saw her daughters' exhausted faces, not even wanting to move.

Damian just chuckled at her remark.

"Alright, let's take a bath; it's already getting dark," Damian said, getting up with a slight groan.

He approached Carol and picked up Emma in his arms before starting to walk inside.

Ophelia also approached and picked up Ivy before following Damian.

With no other choice, Carol picked up Alice before following them along with Ana and Natasha.

Arriving at the bathhouse, Damian quickly undressed and only left on his boxers before getting into the water with Emma.

He couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief as he felt the water on his tired body; it truly brought back memories of when he was human.

Emma wasn't much different and also had a relaxed expression.

Everyone else also arrived and simply took a bath together.

"How did it go?" Damian asked, looking at his wives.

"I reached the second circle," Natasha said.

"I'm about to reach the third," Ophelia said.

"Nat gave me an idea to become stronger," Carol said, smiling happily.

"Second circle, by the way, I need the space stone," Ana said, looking at Damian.

"Sure, talk to Cortana," Damian said, nodding.

The whole family had a good time enjoying the hot water before deciding to get out; the night had already fallen, and a cool breeze was coming in through the palace windows.

Once dressed, the family of 8 and a half began to descend the stairs before sitting at the dining table with Sophia, Monica, and Cortana, who were already waiting for them.

Soon, everyone was seated, and several servants quickly served all the food.

While eating, Ana looked at Cortana, who was sitting right in front of her.

"Cortana, I need the space stone for a moment," Ana said.

"Alright, you told me just in time because starting tomorrow, it won't be able to be retrieved for several months," Cortana said, nodding.

Usually, the system is sustained with the space stone and people's energy; withdrawing the space stone a bit doesn't affect much since only the reserve will be consumed, but since they want to hold the event, a lot of energy will be needed.

"Hm, I'll go later," Ana said, nodding.

----

Remember that you can support me and see 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader

76